The Wellington Long Term Care & Retirement Home

The Wellington Long Term Care & Retirement Home Employee Reviews

Its all worked.

Check the maintenance book for work for the day. Learn nothing. Management not friendly at all. She never talked to me till she needs something on maintenance and my supervisor is off. Never introduced herself, won’t acknowledge you when you passed each other in the hallway. The hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy the manager. She has her favourites, it’s either your in or out. Most enjoyable was when they want to buy new appliances and then I’ll repair it, but that’s not good enough for her.

Good pay but no communication

Management has zero communication with staff The psws always seem the look down on housekeeping And all have there owe cliques In the spring/summer/fall it is extremely hot, and there is no water provided (besides tap water from 30 year old taps) Also don’t being anything of value, the housekeeps will steal

Pros

Pays well

Cons

No communication, stealing, gossip and cliques

Productive place to work with elderly

Lovely place with beautiful people, really helpful workers and nurses aswell as staff. A very safe and clean environment. An amazing supervisor that is always willing to help in any circumstances. Fun events that you can part take in to help the residents

Such a nice place to work. Staff all work well together and the residents are all so loving.

I have been employed at The Wellington since Sept 2008. I have learned so much as A PSW. Enjoyed Christmas Bazaars, dancing with the residents at socials being there for residents and families. The staff at The Wellington are all so very nice.

Pros

Benefits, great staff, friendly environment.

Cons

No permanent lines for part time staff.

Professional work place

I've been at The Wellington for 15 years now, the benefits are good, freindly co-worker, get along with all the residence building a good relationship, the management listen to all the suggestion to ensure the workplace are well maintain and all the employees are happy

it was fine

i was a coop student there so i pretty much just assisted the recreation directors there. my day consisted of doing laundry for a while then eventually getting ready for programs

Pros

free food during outings

Cons

same thing every day

Recreation coop

It was really nice to work there. Had a pleasent experience working with staff and residents. I worked in the recreation department and planned activities with the staff for the residents to enjoy.

wonderful

I very much enjoyed doing my clinical placement at the wellington. The staff was absolutely amazing and very welcoming. I learned and grew so much as a person and am more and more excited to pursue my career as a psw.

Hard work pays off

You must work hard in this job, do your best, do not skimp on duties as you are ensuring that retirement residence's quarters are clean. You want to show them that you care about their opinions and respect them and their environment (not a job perspective but a personal one).

Pros

high pay, shifts go by quick

Cons

Difficult work, little time lots of expectations, work alone and difficult to catch on

Enjoyable

This was a volunteer job. so i enjoyed every minute of it.I got to working with the seniors and learning new thingsI also never really had a hard part of the job due to i new what i was doing.

Jobs at The Wellington Long Term Care & Retirement Home

See more jobs

Fast paced but yet enjoyable Long Term setting

A typical day at work for me was meeting the residents daily needs and using lifts for transfering residents into there wheelchairs, beds, and bath chairs. I have learned new skills such as which lifts to use for which residents to safely transfer residents and plenty more. I would personally say from experience working at The Wellington...the management was excellent. The DOC is very understanding, easy to speak to and reason with and she genuinely cares for the residents as well as the staff. The co-workers at The Wellington are very helpful and everyone is great to work with. I found that the hardest part of the job is meeting the expectations on time even though it is doable and picking up the routine. Once you learn the routine as well as the expectations...the job runs very smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job that i had experienced personally is giving the residents the quality of life that i feel they deserve. I have to say overall...it's a great learning experience and very enjoyable as well.

Pros

meeting new people and seeing many different personalities

Cons

working with impatient staff

Good job

A lot of hours,very busy job I injoyed this job.Doing the laundry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wellington Long Term Care & Retirement Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement