The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 4,588 reviews
Fun work environment
My Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2019
Met some amazing people there, had lots of fun had had an amazing experience.

Really fun environment. Enjoyed working with those people. still keep in contact with some
Awesome work life balance and great benefits
WORKFORCE AND TACTICAL OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 March 2019
Great place to work with great people. Good balance and work and play within a day. Dedicated co-workers who were respectful and supportive. Great management who were encouraging and pushed me hard enough to learn and grow within the company
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Very corporate
Extremely Friendly and Relaxed Workspace
Guest Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 February 2019
I have worked for the Walt Disney company for just over three years, and have enjoyed every moment of it. The people and management have all been extremely great to work with, and the work environment is very welcoming and enjoyable. Some days are difficult speaking to angry guests on the phone and via email, however a lot of the time the guests are just looking for help with things and services they don't understand. There are a lot of extra things the company does to ensure its employees are recognized and appreciated, and management is always as transparent as they can be. While the salaries at the office could be a bit more competitive, they are sufficient for the work we are asked of.
Pros
Free snacks and in office games room
Cons
Pay is less than disreable at times, some things are not addressed as quickly by management when brought up, there can be a lack of advancement at the office careerwise.
Review summary
Food Vendor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2019
Good place to work at. Selling food during the breaks and before and after shows. Long days but in a good environment, making the work load bearable..
Great company! Great People!
Manager, Facilities (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 November 2018
Working for Disney was one of the highlights of my working career! Very fast paced environment with constant change which I loved being apart of. The team there was creative, professional, personable and super talented!
Work Environment at the Walt Disney Company
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater London28 August 2018
The Walt Disney Company in London offers its employers a very disney-esque environment in which workers can indulge in all that is disney:
You will be greeted at the door by Mickey Mouse's face, then proceed to listen to Disney music in the elevator, and finally be welcomed by a variety of disney merchandising spread over all the worker's desks.

The atmosphere is a little tense, as is expected in a company that overlooks 100+ shows on 10+ channels accross 5 continents, but overall people always have a smile on their face, or can count on their peers for help.

The offices are spacious, colourful and any issues related to machinery and IT are usually solved within 2 days.

As a student office assistant, I was trusted with small-ish tasks, but was quickly able to prove to my superiors that I could be trusted with heftier tasks, and it is their trust in my abilities that helped me grow and feel more confident over the course of my internship.
Pros
Great cafeteria, good rapport with supervisors, ability to get further training
Cons
TWDC does not offer internships to post-graduates
CR - Canada
CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Epcot1 August 2018
Wonderful experience for my early 20's, would recommend to anyone just out of college. Met some of my best friends there. Would never live in Florida again.
Best Company to Work For
Remote Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Remote17 July 2018
I have been with the company for couple months now and in that time I have seen many positive things in place that promote individuality and drive, everyone working with me is wanting to be there and enjoys each hour.

I answer tickets and create how-to's for various trouble shooting and IT maintenance solutions.
Pros
Remote, my own schedule
Cons
Can get lonely being remote
A wonderful experience
Animator/Story Artist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 June 2018
My experience at Disney was very positive and rewarding. A perfect storm of creative challenges and skill development. I learned a great deal about my strengths and weaknesses in the production process and how to best play off of each. My mentors and fellow artists were encouraging and driven by team success over personal glory.
Pros
skill development and career growth
Cons
Easy to get over whelmed if you don't push yourself to overcome.
fun workplace
Self Employment, Disney Princess (Former Employee) –  TRONTO on2 June 2018
lots of fun and an enjoyable time have fun making new friends it took alot of perserverance for staying with the children all day but was a great experience I would do again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Can be a fun work environment
Cashier and Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2018
It was a good job for some people. Pay wasn't that great high stress and bad and scheduling. there were some employees who had more than 1 job and was on call. but you had to call in on the times they did post to see if they needed you or not. it was during winter so was crazy busy and only 2 tills open and 8 on floor
Pros
Disney Need I say more :)
Cons
Hours and scheduling
A company filled with nostalgia
Lead Cast member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2018
You typically expect it to be a stressful environment based off of the high maintenance required. It really is not when you enjoy the culture of Disney.
Pros
Free park tickets, exclusive items labelled "cast member only"
Cons
very draining on psyche during holidays
Fun and creative workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Greater London7 May 2018
The whole team I worked with was extremely fun, creative and welcoming. Working with different areas inside the business of television and media was eye opening and extremely useful for my future
fun work place
Sales Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2018
very tiring but fun to interact with the children long shifts but overall fun to do for the weekend. coworkers were great the mangers were nice but there should be more communication during the weekend.
Pros
fun
Cons
Fun environment with creative coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2018
Working at Disney was a wonderful experience, the office is lively, colorful, and always decorated with Disney merch. Everybody is friendly and welcoming and you never feel out of place, even when exploring other floors of the branch.
Fun and exciting company!
CASTMEMBER/AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
This job didn't allow for the best work/life balance and did not provide very many hours however that was made up for in the culture and benefits provided to each cast member.
Pros
Lots of exciting extras
Cons
Very few hours allotted
Fast paced environment
Table Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2018
Helped develop my customer service and sales skills as well as food and cash handling. The hardest part of the job was during show transmissions and waves of people rushed to the kiosks and bought food or merch
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no sitting in addition to long hours
Ape Hierarchy
Lead Artist (Former Employee) –  glendal, ca19 February 2018
No better proof of evolution than to work at Disney. If you want to observe petty human behavior at it's best then work here. If you want to work in a slow-motion train wreck with 50's style management, work here.
Magic and Pixie Dust only go so far
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2018
Working for Disney is a dream come true until you work there. The corporate side of the company is soul-crushing, and will squeeze every last ounce of magic out of you until there is nothing left.
Pros
Surrounded by Disney Magic and children of all ages
Cons
Company doesn't care about their employees
loved working here
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
if youre a disney fan then this is the place to work, one of the funnest places to work. the staff is friendly and warm. you defiantly learn alot about Disney and the brand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K