The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 47 reviews matching the search See all 4,389 reviews
Work Environment at the Walt Disney Company
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater London28 August 2018
The Walt Disney Company in London offers its employers a very disney-esque environment in which workers can indulge in all that is disney:
You will be greeted at the door by Mickey Mouse's face, then proceed to listen to Disney music in the elevator, and finally be welcomed by a variety of disney merchandising spread over all the worker's desks.

The atmosphere is a little tense, as is expected in a company that overlooks 100+ shows on 10+ channels accross 5 continents, but overall people always have a smile on their face, or can count on their peers for help.

The offices are spacious, colourful and any issues related to machinery and IT are usually solved within 2 days.

As a student office assistant, I was trusted with small-ish tasks, but was quickly able to prove to my superiors that I could be trusted with heftier tasks, and it is their trust in my abilities that helped me grow and feel more confident over the course of my internship.
Pros
Great cafeteria, good rapport with supervisors, ability to get further training
Cons
TWDC does not offer internships to post-graduates
Best Company to Work For
Remote Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Remote17 July 2018
I have been with the company for couple months now and in that time I have seen many positive things in place that promote individuality and drive, everyone working with me is wanting to be there and enjoys each hour.

I answer tickets and create how-to's for various trouble shooting and IT maintenance solutions.
Pros
Remote, my own schedule
Cons
Can get lonely being remote
A wonderful experience
Animator/Story Artist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 June 2018
My experience at Disney was very positive and rewarding. A perfect storm of creative challenges and skill development. I learned a great deal about my strengths and weaknesses in the production process and how to best play off of each. My mentors and fellow artists were encouraging and driven by team success over personal glory.
Pros
skill development and career growth
Cons
Easy to get over whelmed if you don't push yourself to overcome.
fun workplace
Self Employment, Disney Princess (Former Employee) –  TRONTO on2 June 2018
lots of fun and an enjoyable time have fun making new friends it took alot of perserverance for staying with the children all day but was a great experience I would do again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Can be a fun work environment
Cashier and Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2018
It was a good job for some people. Pay wasn't that great high stress and bad and scheduling. there were some employees who had more than 1 job and was on call. but you had to call in on the times they did post to see if they needed you or not. it was during winter so was crazy busy and only 2 tills open and 8 on floor
Pros
Disney Need I say more :)
Cons
Hours and scheduling
A company filled with nostalgia
Lead Cast member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2018
You typically expect it to be a stressful environment based off of the high maintenance required. It really is not when you enjoy the culture of Disney.
Pros
Free park tickets, exclusive items labelled "cast member only"
Cons
very draining on psyche during holidays
Fun and creative workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Greater London7 May 2018
The whole team I worked with was extremely fun, creative and welcoming. Working with different areas inside the business of television and media was eye opening and extremely useful for my future
fun work place
Sales Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2018
very tiring but fun to interact with the children long shifts but overall fun to do for the weekend. coworkers were great the mangers were nice but there should be more communication during the weekend.
Pros
fun
Cons
Fun environment with creative coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2018
Working at Disney was a wonderful experience, the office is lively, colorful, and always decorated with Disney merch. Everybody is friendly and welcoming and you never feel out of place, even when exploring other floors of the branch.
Fun and exciting company!
CASTMEMBER/AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
This job didn't allow for the best work/life balance and did not provide very many hours however that was made up for in the culture and benefits provided to each cast member.
Pros
Lots of exciting extras
Cons
Very few hours allotted
Fast paced environment
Table Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2018
Helped develop my customer service and sales skills as well as food and cash handling. The hardest part of the job was during show transmissions and waves of people rushed to the kiosks and bought food or merch
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no sitting in addition to long hours
Ape Hierarchy
Lead Artist (Former Employee) –  glendal, ca19 February 2018
No better proof of evolution than to work at Disney. If you want to observe petty human behavior at it's best then work here. If you want to work in a slow-motion train wreck with 50's style management, work here.
Magic and Pixie Dust only go so far
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2018
Working for Disney is a dream come true until you work there. The corporate side of the company is soul-crushing, and will squeeze every last ounce of magic out of you until there is nothing left.
Pros
Surrounded by Disney Magic and children of all ages
Cons
Company doesn't care about their employees
loved working here
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
if youre a disney fan then this is the place to work, one of the funnest places to work. the staff is friendly and warm. you defiantly learn alot about Disney and the brand.
Fun place to work
Performer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 October 2017
the cast was all great and directors were clear with their vision. working with friends is always fun and training for the choreography was clear, easy and simple to follow.
Pros
free food, costumes, work with friends, good directors, great pay
One of the best companies I've ever worked so far.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buenavista3 October 2017
Learn a wide range of new stuff, cultures, and developed myself as well in job and personally, company with a lots of benefits for crew members and also many chances to grow up.
Pros
accommodation
Fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
A day at work requires you to help and serve customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can show a little bit of you inner child if you love Disney.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
The Disney Store is a great place to work if you love being upbeat and love kids. I only left because I had a problem with one of the managers, but if I could I would go back in a heartbeat.
This is not a place you want to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 July 2017
Managers are always out to get you. Days are spent sitting behind a computer screen answering emails from customers all around the world pretty relaxed. You really have to be a kid at heart to work here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
manegment wasn't the best
Merchandising Clerk
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
Awesome establishment to work for during events, flexible hours, and great community to get to know. I learnt to shout loudly and convincingly. I met plently of young people my age and had a blast working with them, the difficult part of the job was how irritating the show was having to hear 3 times a day on constant loop was awful yet nostalgic to my childhood.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not a very enjoyable break area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2