The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Fun and creative workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Greater London7 May 2018
The whole team I worked with was extremely fun, creative and welcoming. Working with different areas inside the business of television and media was eye opening and extremely useful for my future
fun work place
Sales Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2018
very tiring but fun to interact with the children long shifts but overall fun to do for the weekend. coworkers were great the mangers were nice but there should be more communication during the weekend.
Pros
fun
Cons
Fun environment with creative coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  London8 April 2018
Working at Disney was a wonderful experience, the office is lively, colorful, and always decorated with Disney merch. Everybody is friendly and welcoming and you never feel out of place, even when exploring other floors of the branch.
Fun and exciting company!
CASTMEMBER/AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
This job didn't allow for the best work/life balance and did not provide very many hours however that was made up for in the culture and benefits provided to each cast member.
Pros
Lots of exciting extras
Cons
Very few hours allotted
Fast paced environment
Table Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2018
Helped develop my customer service and sales skills as well as food and cash handling. The hardest part of the job was during show transmissions and waves of people rushed to the kiosks and bought food or merch
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no sitting in addition to long hours
Ape Hierarchy
Lead Artist (Former Employee) –  glendal, ca19 February 2018
No better proof of evolution than to work at Disney. If you want to observe petty human behavior at it's best then work here. If you want to work in a slow-motion train wreck with 50's style management, work here.
Magic and Pixie Dust only go so far
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 February 2018
Working for Disney is a dream come true until you work there. The corporate side of the company is soul-crushing, and will squeeze every last ounce of magic out of you until there is nothing left.
Pros
Surrounded by Disney Magic and children of all ages
Cons
Company doesn't care about their employees
loved working here
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
if youre a disney fan then this is the place to work, one of the funnest places to work. the staff is friendly and warm. you defiantly learn alot about Disney and the brand.
Fun place to work
Performer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 October 2017
the cast was all great and directors were clear with their vision. working with friends is always fun and training for the choreography was clear, easy and simple to follow.
Pros
free food, costumes, work with friends, good directors, great pay
One of the best companies I've ever worked so far.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buenavista3 October 2017
Learn a wide range of new stuff, cultures, and developed myself as well in job and personally, company with a lots of benefits for crew members and also many chances to grow up.
Pros
accommodation
Fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
A day at work requires you to help and serve customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can show a little bit of you inner child if you love Disney.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
The Disney Store is a great place to work if you love being upbeat and love kids. I only left because I had a problem with one of the managers, but if I could I would go back in a heartbeat.
This is not a place you want to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 July 2017
Managers are always out to get you. Days are spent sitting behind a computer screen answering emails from customers all around the world pretty relaxed. You really have to be a kid at heart to work here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
manegment wasn't the best
Merchandising Clerk
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
Awesome establishment to work for during events, flexible hours, and great community to get to know. I learnt to shout loudly and convincingly. I met plently of young people my age and had a blast working with them, the difficult part of the job was how irritating the show was having to hear 3 times a day on constant loop was awful yet nostalgic to my childhood.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not a very enjoyable break area
Lots of kids come here!
Stock person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
This store gets many small children as guests, which is great for anyone who loves children and would like to work with them. However it is not a place you can grow in much, the ages visiting the store can limit your growth in communication skills. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the environment of the shop. Coworkers were amazing to work with.
Pros
Very different experiance
Cons
Limitations of meeting and talking to certain age groups.
It was a great start
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 May 2017
Really enjoyed working there when I first started in 2008; however, all good things must come to an end. Structure changed and it was time to move on.
Amazing company!
Bilingual Sales Manager - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2017
Love this place - wouldn't really be looking if it weren't for the fact that I am on contract. Got my own office, and love the work that I do. Movies and Disney characters!
Pros
Great industry
Great and fun place to work at
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Working for Disney trains you to excel in the field of customer service, working there was fun, but challenging and management was very flexible and considerate. Working at Disney was also very lively and the workplace culture was very polite and easy-going. The hardest pert of the job was how busy the store could get and working under all of that pressure, but again, it made the work interesting and challenging. This helped in teaching me how to handle such pressure and how to accommodate customer's needs. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was bringing a smile to people's faces and being immersed within Disney's culture.
Fantastic for fans and those interesting in creating an immersive experience.
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 April 2017
The work you do at Disney is absolutely devoted to the experience someone has from the moment they step in front of the store to the moment they leave - as well as what they bring home. As a fan and someone dedicated to the rich culture that the Walt Disney Company has created over generations, you could imagine the endless possibilities to create a magical experience for our guests: by using Disney language and subtle hints toward the brands guests know and love, you're involving them in a full story. They can be the hero, princess, or anything they imagine because you're creating the connection from product to real life. The managers are so supportive of the growth you have in the company - how involved they can be in the story you're creating at Disney. Yet at the end of the day we still maintain the white glove standard, ensuring that the place that we invite our guests in to is clean and ready for the next day.
Productive and cheery
Senior Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 March 2017
Responsible for ensuring all guest have an entertaining, fun and dynamic experience by creating a high energy, welcoming environment, while providing excellent customer service. Upbeat but sometimes underappreciated position (at the time).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2