The Village of Winston Park Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
3.5Job Security & Advancement
busy
CHEF (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 August 2017
I enjoy the actual work. Tired of the politics and poor Management. Don't like paying union dues for no support.
Management is all about the bottom line.
Pros
Set shifts.
Cons
Working holidays and weekends.
Productive and fun Workplace
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 February 2016
A typical day at work:
I go into work and look at any notes left for me and also look to see what activities i am running that day and plan my day out. After i have all this done I run my programs and enjoy visiting with my residents.

What you learned:
I have learned how to plan programs, how to facilitate programs, and how to communicate effectively with different types of people.

Management:
The management team is really good. They will helps us run big events if we are short staffed or need extra hands. They are easy to approach about a problem.

Co-workers:
My co-workers and I get along well. When someone needs help a co-worker will stop what they are doing if they can to help. Also all the co-workers are very client centered. We are a closed nit team.

Hardest Part of Job:
The hardest part of the job is going into work and (Because i am only part time) finding the half the floor you work on is all new residents that you need to visit that day.

The best part of the Job:
The best part is getting to visit with the residence. Getting to know some life stories about the people who we are serving.
Pros
getting to enjoy the residence
Cons
Can be laborious at times
Winston Park is a great place for seniors and adults needing long term care. The working environment and staff are very friendly and compassionate.
Clinical Placement as an RPN Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 July 2012
I enjoyed working at Winston Park. I was impressed wih management style and unique continuum of care with focused dignity. The co- workers are hard working and co-operative. I would love to work in Winston Park.