The Village of Glendale Crossing

The Village of Glendale Crossing Employee Reviews

Overall great place

Being unionized it takes years to achieve full time status. But the salary and benefits are worth the wait if you have something else to pad your income.

Great Opportunity

I was hired as part of the opening process, hired full staff of 150 people. Great opportunity, amazing staff and residents, poor management! No work-life balance.

Pros

Residents

Best place to Work

This is the place I have worked the longest. I love this place. The Management is very supportive and resident and staff oriented. They also do all they can to help those who are continuing the education. I would recommend any serious job seekers to consider Glendale as first priority.

Poor Training

Barely train new staff, severely bad patient to nurse ratio, bad safety mechanisms for yourself and patients. Don't put your nursing lisence at risk by working here.

Work enviroment

No support provided, management was not welcoming, always short staffed.. Agency is always coming in to cover shifts. Pay is poor. Overtime is available.

Wonderful place to do co-op!

The Village reminded me of the North Pole as it was so nicely decorated for Christmas! The staff are pleasant and always upbeat which make being there an enjoyable experience. The place was so wonderful I plan to return to volunteer!

Would not recommend

All staff members agree there is insufficient training with all jobs There is a poor culture of “tattling” over conflict resolution and staff are regularly suspended No two people have the same answer to problems. Whether it’s the RPN, charge nurse, GM etc. There is no consistency in rules so it’s very confusing for staff PSWs are always working short staffed and residents suffer Head office will nickel and dime you every pay cheque and there are always payroll mistakes that no one seems to know how to fix Probably the worst overall work place I’ve ever worked at and I’ve been in the industry for 15 years

Pros

Staff all suffer together

Cons

Pay, work environment, maganement, “benefits”

Not a good place to work

I have worked at various nursing homes and this was probably the worst one ive worked at. There is a lot of elder abuse that goes on, along with ALWAYS being short staffed which leads to falls and errors. Along with this, the pay is not well for the work that is done, and pay checks are constantly incorrect. This place is not somewhere i would ever put a loved on nor ever work for. I lasted one month before giving my resignation in because i didn't agree with anything that was happening in that home. The only good thing about that place is their amazing recreation team.

Pros

Recreation team

Cons

low wage, short staff, unsafe environment

Schlegel Villages

Loved providing personal care to the elderly. Really enjoy working on the mental health unit. Horrible company to work for they do not value their employees. Work short staffed 80 percent of the time.

Benefits

Cons

weekends and holidays

A great nursing home for loved ones.

Glendale Crossing is a beautiful nursing home. It provides the residents with independence, respect and many activities each day.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Village of Glendale Crossing?

the most enojoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I love being around people, learning and observing. Elderly people have a lot to teach and I always love listening.

Great place for advancement.

I started part-time casual in the laundry department. I took every shift that was available to me. Over the year I gained more hours and responsibility. When I resigned a year and a half later I was working full-time and gaining over -time hours as well.

Everyone is so great and it's a fun workplace

it's a wonderful place to work and i am always happy to go to work. The management team is very easy to talk to. My co-workers are easy to talk to we have an open communication and we work in a team and we are always open to help each other out

High-energy, sometimes stressful work environment

An ordinary shift is 1400-2200. Greeted with a smile by co-workers each day. I learned that individuals with dementia are both difficult and enjoyable to take care of. It comes with it's challenges, but not without rewards. I enjoy coming into work everyday, even though it can be stressful.

Pros

Something new happens everyday

Cons

Being short staffed

Very nice place to work, there is big room with exercise machines for staff

The company are giving good orientation, mostly on computers. There are new method to give medication, dr.orders etc.Management very nice and supportive.Co-workers knowledgeable and helpfulIf is shortage of the staff.Nice and supportive management and staff..

Pros

overal very nice place to work

Cons

not enough hours, calling list start always from part time, not continue when they stop to give oportunity for casual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Village of Glendale Crossing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement