The Time Shop Employee Reviews

Laid back
Watch repair specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2018
The best job i have ever had. It was extremely fun working on watches and meeting new people who had stories behind each watch. I was extremely sad when i was asked to resign due to school purposes. I hope in the future i can get re-hired.
Good Place to advance Customer Service skills
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 March 2018
I worked at The Time Shop / Time Central quite some time ago but never got around to review the company. It's a nice place to start off as a student/new immigrant. The work at Hudsons Bay teaches you quickly on how to work with customers. Considering The Bay has pretty high standards on Customer Service- you learn patience and how to deal with difficult customers, tho this maybe difficult and frustrating at times- it's a very valuable skill to have for any job and field.
The Head Office gives opportunity for advancement (at least at the time) and soon I was promoted to Account Manager/ Office Manager- Here the volume of work is larger and the pace is much faster - but I learned quite a lot, developed organizational and multitasking skills as well as got the opportunity to work with high end companies and polish my formal English. All in all - exciting work with jewellery, watches, Designer companies and customers with good potential. Management is young but good, however salary was very poor, and for the amount of work and responsibility I was way severely underpaid. Eventually was fished to another company for a larger salary.
Pros
Skill Development, Casual and friendly environment at HO, opportunity to work with High end companies
Cons
Salary
busy position, always something to do
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 November 2015
Lots of filing and organizing, there are many transactions to be entered in Simply Accounting, payments need to be processed, customer inquiries on payments and invoices need to be addressed. Management is young, lack communication in some areas as I find things a surprise at times and needed to change the accounting to reflect changes.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Stressful and a waste of three years of my life.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, On11 June 2015
Do not work here, too much stress and management doesn't give a S*** about you.

I worked for this company for over three years, Within that time I had One raise, and it was not significant in the least.
The students they would hire as weekend help were unreliable and broke everything, they never train anyone properly, leave them on their own and hope it all turns out well.
I would work ten hour shifts with only one break for lunch. I could go days with only one or two customers. I felt as if my life was rotting away as I sat there.
I knew the upper management quite well as well as the Area Manager, and neither of them seemed capable of running such a wide spread company, and when they changed area managers it seemed the Durham stores were being completely forgotten about.

I worked briefly in their Head Office and realized quickly how absolutely ridiculous everyone was, no one knew how to run a business. The Manager would frequently cut corners and rip off customers and demand Exceedingly perfect performances from me when tasked to do a job meant for at lease three people. It became apparent quite quickly that all he cared about was the money. There was no proper Human Resources, and when I asked about it, the younger sister of the manager replied "I took a bit of a course on it once" as if to say that's the best they cared about.

They also condoned drinking on the job, while we were supposed to be working the Manager called a bbq and questioned me furiously when I said I didn't want any beer, and was completely okay with people drinking knowing they'd be driving
  more... home in less than an hour.

They then "fired" me from head office and hired of a poor schmuck who would accept less pay. (They called it letting me go, as if that would make it all okay)
This company doesn't care about their employees they only care about the money how much they can make.

Do not ever work here, you will be putting up with so much stress you'd have been better off jobless.
Pros
Extra Reading Time...which is also a con cause you're doing nothing
Cons
Long Hours, Stress Overload, Not enough customers, No communication, No productivity. Lazy moronic managers
not a very high functioning job
Customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 May 2015
Sat waiting for customers who needed battery changes or watch sizing. Some days there would only be 5 customers for a 7 hr day. The afternoon shift usually had none. Management offered no incentives to promote business. The district manager was never available for help. And she visited only once or twice in a whole year.
Pros
able to do job while sitting
Cons
only a lunch break no others