The Tides Inn Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Woolacombe4 January 2019
A great place to work. Well supported, friendly and accommodating. Fantastic tips! Management are lovely, customers are lovely and it’s in a stunning location
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Can get busy in summer
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvington, VA11 October 2018
I literally get paid to have fun, it's a great time and a great place to work. I love my team and being able to solve different problems that are thrown at us on a daily basis.
My favorite place that I have worked
Massage therapist-trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA11 September 2018
They feed you lunch and dinner for free, they try to keep you busy(but if they can't you can go home), coworkers are like family. The people are genuinely nice
Pros
Free lunch/dinner, great co-workers, advancement
Cons
Middle of nowhere
great place to work
A.M. Sous Chef /Baker (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA14 March 2018
Was a great place to work good people and helpful staff beautiful place with lots of things to do in the area and for employees as well. was a pleasure to work there for over 10 years
Job opportunity to meet people from around the world
Server/Banquets/Hostess/Chesapeake Club Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA30 July 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced, hard work, very long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all around the world. I enjoyed the hospitality.
Pros
views
Cons
long days
Beautiful location but...
Banquet Houseman / Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA14 June 2017
I spent a lot of time working at The Tides Inn but I don't feel the work my pay was worth the work I was putting in. Unfortunately my manager was not the best and was my reason for leaving this position. I was called back to return to work but decided not to. I'd rather work for someone that appreciates me and my hard work and dedication.
Pros
Very quiet and most guests are very nice.
Cons
Not very professional
overall fun place to work
Sales Department Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA8 June 2017
Management let you perform job with support....great benefits, great employee luncheons, workplace culture outstanding, the most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with coworkers
Pros
Free Lunches
great team
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC3 February 2017
A typical day at tides inn is pretty hectic, the company hires a lot of family which can create for a difficult environment to work in. The customers are VERY friendly, and we always have 'regulars' come in and they always talk to us, and make it worth while. I answer the phones for any call in orders, and I run togos to the front of the house, and take care of any errors or complaints that may arise.
Cons
No healthcare, or benefits
Wonderful place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Irvington, VA23 October 2016
The Tides Inn is a wonderful place to work. The working environment is great. The Management is wonderful. We are very team oriented.
Inn.Spa.Marina, Restaurant is at its finest.
Not too much to say
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA19 April 2016
The environment, the people, and co-workers were great. If you love working in a restaurant, the busy holidays and weekends during the summer, I suggest try a busy marina resort.
Location! Location! Location!
Conf. Services Coordinator / Wedding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA1 February 2016
This waterfront resort was a beautiful location for corporate retreats, weddings, reunions or a well deserved getaway. I learned a great deal about southern hospitality and always striving to exceed the client's expectations.
Long hours for little pay
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC19 September 2015
I don't like the management, the work enviorment, the pay, and the people. They are rude and they aren't professional. I want a new job asap because I deserve a good job with the amount of work and effort that I put in and that I am willing to put in .
Great little resort with a staff with big hearts!
Conference Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA24 February 2015
Long hours with no additional compensation. Self taught. Never thought out side the box. Never receptive to suggestion or change. Worked with a great team of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work with deadlines for one person. The long hours with no administrative support.The most enjoyable part of the job was the beautiful location and great staff.
Pros
Complimentry meal with shift, Resort discount
Cons
Long hours, no compensation, no additional help to make the department more productive and effective.
Very fun place to work. I really enjoyed the co-workers.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Irvington, VA9 October 2014
I only worked there for one year so I can't say that I learned a lot but I met some wonderful people....customers and fellow employees.