The THINNOX Academy Employee Reviews

Demanding Role that Needs Constant Updating
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2018
The role requires constant upgrading and constant updating of skills and after some time it could become stressful. I started teaching Tech Ed here in 2014. I put in almost 200 hours PD but the next year I was also teaching Communications Tech and that needed additional training and now I am prepping for Manufacturing Tech and that needs more PD again. Finding time for training is a huge concern when it comes to work life balance because summer are busy. PD is paid for but it eats into life and I have an active life with family and outdoors and keeping up to the demands is an issue. There were issues with payroll being timely but for the last 2 years that has improved since the provider got changed; the mgt introduced benefits and thankfully we have been getting paid for sick days. There were issues with some folks few years back - the performance process changed and unfortunately some were let go...so job Security is an issue and adds to the stress. Overall the company is a good work place but if there is one thing that stands out is the vision - I like being part of the vision and one thing that it could do better is to allow more vacation time in Summer.
Pros
Benefits, Pd, Sick Days, Peers
Cons
Constant need to upgrade; Competition, Politics, Stress
Innovative company with opportunities suited to my interest
Tech Ed Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
I have been working here since 2013. It's a small firm - about ten instructors and mgt. What I like most about my job here is that it's a cosy kind of culture and it gives me the chance to do what I care most - which is working with students. I am a Tech Ed instructor and here I get a lot of independence to choose methods and I value that a lot because in my field that makes a huge difference. I also get the chance to work with gifted and special students, and it gives me the chance to fulfill my life's purpose.
Pros
Lots of independence; lots of things to learn
Cons
Multi tasking requirement due to the small size
Worst working experience ever
Multimedia tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2017
After couple of days working for this company, I knew I should leave ASAP. Payroll delayed twice and they only pay you after 6 weeks. Horrible management. Nobody knows what they are doing. No professionalism at all.
Principal would asked you to stay after your work hours and never turn up. They will not even pay you for the hours that you waited. It feels like this place is a total mess. I would never go working there again and such a horrible experience.
The management would asked me to teach subjects that I even do not know. They do not really care about anything as long as the place is running and filling up their pockets.
Unproductive, unhealthy and toxic
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
I came into this position with a lot of hope and enthusiasm, but both soon dissipated quickly after starting. I had been mislead about salary and hours. When I was interviewed, I was told I would work full time hours, but they cut 10 as soon as I started and said it was due to it being a slow time of year and the hours would soon pick up. The hours never picked up. I was also misinformed about my start and end time. I don't understand why they felt they should misinform me - that's no way to build trust amongst new hires. Often, when customers were upset, my supervisor would refuse to deal with them and I was put in a very awkward situation, but without any power to help. It did not feel good to see such small problems turn into massive ones because of a lack of communication. If anything went wrong, instead of coming together to solve it, blame was assigned instead. There is no way to be promoted or even get a raise. The previous individuals in my role had quit. Staff do not last long. I feel as though I could have lasted longer in the position had I not been treated so poorly. I was yelled at on multiple occasions and my supervisor micromanaged - I felt like I had no breathing room. What to watch out for: I had received pay stubs that were short on salary and there is no regular pay day or pay period. If you are offered a job, read your contract carefully or ask the tough questions during the interview. The red flags are there. I ignored them. Big mistake.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
low pay, toxic culture, cold office, late hours, no reward for great work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The THINNOX Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

The THINNOX Academy Reviews by Location