The THINNOX Academy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
While the students are amazing, management is average. Its a ok workplace.
Robotics Instructor & IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
While the students are amazing, management is average. The teachers and staff are replaced frequently. Issues with payrolls. Its a ok workplace.
Unproductive, unhealthy and toxic
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
I came into this position with a lot of hope and enthusiasm, but both soon dissipated quickly after starting. I had been mislead about salary and hours. When I was interviewed, I was told I would work full time hours, but they cut 10 as soon as I started and said it was due to it being a slow time of year and the hours would soon pick up. The hours never picked up. I was also misinformed about my start and end time. I don't understand why they felt they should misinform me - that's no way to build trust amongst new hires. Often, when customers were upset, my supervisor would refuse to deal with them and I was put in a very awkward situation, but without any power to help. It did not feel good to see such small problems turn into massive ones because of a lack of communication. If anything went wrong, instead of coming together to solve it, blame was assigned instead. There is no way to be promoted or even get a raise. The previous individuals in my role had quit. Staff do not last long. I feel as though I could have lasted longer in the position had I not been treated so poorly. I was yelled at on multiple occasions and my supervisor micromanaged - I felt like I had no breathing room. What to watch out for: I had received pay stubs that were short on salary and there is no regular pay day or pay period. If you are offered a job, read your contract carefully or ask the tough questions during the interview. The red flags are there. I ignored them. Big mistake.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
low pay, toxic culture, cold office, late hours, no reward for great work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The THINNOX Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7