The TJX Companies, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from The TJX Companies, Inc.:

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Good learning experience in all areas of retail.
The job was a learning experience in that you were challenged in all areas of the store. Management was always great and very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people and they made the job a great place to work. The days would go by very quickly.
Culture life for young ones.... Everyone out for themselves and beware of job description
TJX push culture life and enjoy everyone company, environment not fit for everyone. (cookie cutter industry/company) salary not up to par with all the duties involved. Way too many coordinators and seniors staff seem to not like young ones with ambition and new ideas. Culture environment is a big thing yet not suite for everyone as they really push it. Not everyone is "chattly mick catty" and wants to be in staff room every time there is a break.
Heavy work load and stressful atmosphere with minimum wage
Lots of pressure on associates, because they should do a wide range of duties in all departments, the job description is confusing. you will have more than one or two bosses, everyone is in charge. For lots of effort, you just get minimum wage. It doesn't worth. it is not recommended!
Nice colleagues
Normal working environment with most of the managers being so nice and a few others very unfriendly. Staff were very nice and collaborative, showing support.
Friendly and Co-operative workplace
Every body try to help each other and try to be open. Managers and her assistant always try to cooperate and guide associate to achieve results. good mix of cultures.
Good Environment - Good Experience
Strong Origination - Organized Management - Strong Management -

Supportive Management - Highly Exposure - Amazing Opportunities -

Promising Future
Safe and productive workplace, Management always want's you to be safe and comfortable. All the colleagues are supportive and caring
You are either placed on cash or floor, which determines your workload. The floor is for the more creative and work-driven, your duties consist of creating displays and helping carry furniture for customers. Cash, on the other hand, is a little more relaxed. You cash people out, tell them about promotions and benefits.
Sales Associate
Replenish the floor with newly arrived items, tidy associate can work in different part of the department which make it fun to learn new things each day. Favoritsm from management over associate who have been with the company for years and know the job. Work palce is fun with associate who think out of the box.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The TJX Companies, Inc.?
NO hours
They hire you as a part time associate, then they take your hours down to 4 or 8 per week. No chance for advancement. No way to make a decent living. Can't get ahead there
Good first job experience
Working at Homegoods was my first job, I started when I was 16 years old. They didn’t expect me to be a good worker until I proved that I was. I worked there for almost 2 years, left for a bit, and then they welcomed me back with open arms. I worked there until I was 19, and now I have moved on with my life.
Nice work culture
Great place to work compared to other retail businesses. The management listens to employees problems and support them to advance in their careers. Quickly picks and pushes upwards if you are hard working.
Good
friendly work environment and managers, store can at time can get hectic but over all manageable work
holiday and back to school are the most challenging though after these periods expect a drop in hours
productive and fun place to work.
It is a good workplace to learn more about clothes retail, you got the opportunity to be on board in different job activities, the people are friendly, you could find support in your coworkers and do the activities as a team. Great opportunity to work as a part-time. I consider one of the best options for international students.
Busy, underpaid workplace
All sales associates start as temporary, part-time, with no benefits. Typical day depends on the location you are working at but all stores are extremely understaffed. Very busy, fast paced environment, minimal training, minimum wage. Would only recommend as a temporary job.
Hours and days are flexible.
Not sustainable for long term
If you’re looking for a temporary part time job then working here is fine. While the company Speaks of endless career advancement opportunities, working there is a different experience.
Friendly management and co-workers
Good company to work with. Managers are very friendly and they understand your concern at any point.

If you are looking for a good work environment with the minimum wage salary then this is the one.

Cheers!!
fun place to work, colleagues are really helpful and so are the managers
fun place to work, colleagues are really helpful and so are the managers.
shifts are flexible, you get rotating shifts so you learn every area on the floor. An associate's discount is always a bonus.
Merchandise coordinator
Horrible overworked underpaid, unrecognized place to work. Worst company ever. You end your shift cleaning the washroom considering you clean your entire department the entire day already. Did not take university to clean s.. T!!
Customers are awful
Worst part:elitist customers
Best part:my fellow associates and the management team is great.This job makes me dislike people. I love that I get to be creative.
initially liked it. but later not really
Extremely monotonous and boring culture, management people need more broader perspective, employees need some motivation. we cant just be like machines and working.
good
i like work in tjx this is very nice experience for me . supervisor of my department very down to earth person . i never see that much good environment on work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K