The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Have been working with TJX Winners for 8months now and the management, department coordinators/managers, colleagues are super cool and fun. first retail experience of mine and I love working with them. Everyone from the manager to an associate is really kind and helpful.
Everyone who I worked with are extremely nice and outgoing. The company welcomes all workers no matter your cultural race or background. Decent hours and shifts throughout the week but a little strict on shift changes.
Pros
Good breaks for hours worked
Cons
Shifts you may not want
Inadequate training and not very great management i would stay away from any TJX store! However there were 5 or 6 people i thought were really great. However stay away!
Pros
10 % Discount
Cons
Cliquey Staff and Management, Not Adequate/Proper Coaching/Training, Insufficient Tools
No matter how much effort you put in for your work, you will never be appreciated and the credit goes to the products.Very tricky management with lots of uncertainity, job is not secured and huge amount of politics in management, no growth regardless of your sincerity and dedication.
Pros
Pay and remuneration is not so bad.
Cons
No appreciation for your hard work
my experience working here was terrible. I've never been so mistreated by employers before, I've never had any issues brought to my attention, never had any warnings from management, always took shifts for people, had amazing customer service and worked SO hard for them to have me work all day, call me in the back office, to tell me to leave my name tag and part ways?? Terrible company to work for just putting it out there.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
stay away from this company. They just suck out all from you to satisfy customers and you not important. 10 cents raise in a year for hard work, your opinion never matters. They write they own 5 stars rating for best place to work
Pros
great group of co-workers
Cons
Excellent place to work, managment team and coworkers are nice and helpful all the time. The only thing is that they give away few shifts per week, it's perfect if you are a student or if you have a side job.
Pros
Manage your schedule
Cons
Short shifts
managers and HR need sensitivity training of people of color and disabilities , when dealing with personal of color and disabilities management harass and bully rather than research the barriers people of color and disability face
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
race issues
Winner Wearhouse nice job general labour line packing is good job right now no have job I am interested winner Wearhouse job I like job I like everything stuff
Pros
Free
Cons
Permanent
Des journées de travail qui étaient très changeante.
Pros
rabais
Cons
la direction
For me its good working in receiving/ fast but comfortable, I would recommend people to work here. although the management don't take action as fast a we the workers want.
TJX Companies is a great company to work for. The learning process keeps each individual involved at a pace relevant to the goals of each employee. There is opportunity for advancement within this company. The workplace culture is well managed.
Pros
Free Lunches
I work at Marshalls and it is a good place to work... Depending on your manager. For the most part, it's fun and hours are okay. The discount isn't bad and you can use it at all TJX brands around the world.
Pros
10-20% discount, Flexible hours, Annual pay increases.
Cons
Management, Too many part time hires.
Mutual respect and caring do not exist within those walls. Gossip, drama, laziness and sick calls are horrid. Do as I say not as I do mentality. Managers play favorites. Lack of communication, and open secrets are the daily
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
If you want fast paced work to get the day finished quickly, work at the winners(marshalls)/homesense together, there is more opportunity for work otherwise it can get boring in one or the other, besides weekends. Management was split 50/50 with who you liked and who you didn't. I was lucky and the lady that assigned shifts cared about us, especially the kids that had school work to balance. but she had to leave for a family thing for a few months and we had one of the robot managers that couldn't care less about our personal lives take over for her. If you work for a year, you get a small raise but otherwise you have to apply to go up within the company if you want better pay, and you have to be on full time to do it.
Pros
lots of staff parties, friendly coworkers, staff discounts
Cons
some managers don't care about your well being
The company is very fast paced and has too much work to do in a shift. It feels stressful sometimes because there are set of duties to be achieved by the end of shift and time management is hard with the short breaks we get to relax.
They have some fun little moral boosting things and have a large focus on positivity. However individual managers kinda sucked and the work is average
Pros
Sometimes there were parties where there was free food
Temporary associates may experience bias from the supervisory ;since they have no union member status as permanent employees, and even lack of agency interference
Its very good environment there and its quite friendly too . I loved to work there and i learned alot of things from there as team work , how to work in pressures .
It was a great experience for being my first job. There was no chance of advancing and having it be fair across the board of the team if employees. It was a lot of favouritism and bickering between the management and our store was notorious for having the store manager leave every 4-7 months. No one lasted, and the favouritism got even worse as the management fluctuated. Work was always unfairly divided betweeen favourite workers and least favourite
Pros
Good first job, good retail training
Cons
Favouritism, baby sitting lax coworkers, unfair work division, miscommunication between team
Very good company over all, Lots of new lease were signed, new stores were opening, auditing experiences. had so much fun during Christmas time and lots of promotions for employees