The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 200 reviews matching the search See all 5,075 reviews
My job is wonderful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2019
Working for TJX has been a pleasure. I have enjoyed working in the fitting rooms helping customers find the right outfit for over 5 years. This is a great company.
Its a great place to work
Associate - 3rd Key holder (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2018
workplace culture is amazing
management is very flexible
you get to learn a lot
you can grow in different directions and fast
hardworking and committed is what the company looks for
wasn't the best.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 December 2018
I had fun there, until I was fired for things I didn't do and for yawning... which I thought was ridiculous. most employees are super nice and are good to make some friends to make the experience better.
Cons
shifts usually offered once a week for new people
Student position
Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 December 2018
it's good for students in high school as they pay min wage for both adult and students. This job is very easy as all you have to do is hang clothes and provide good customer service
It's retail.
Canada, Winners Merivale - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merivale, ON4 December 2018
It's another retail job. This location has a phenomenal staff and a great work culture, but at the end of the day, with company standards a little out of control, you're often punished for things that most people would appreciate. Reprimanded for going into overtime several times despite only working shifts I was scheduled for, and had issues with L.P. giving mixed orders that contradicted each other. Other than that, pretty good experience.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
It's retail. What do you expect?
Productive and fun place company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2018
Work is great but the supervision is little bit poor.
The culture is great there is not descrimination.
Flexible working hours.
Strict breaks schedules.
Security wise is good company.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Poor management
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  York, ON22 November 2018
i was always one inventory and and never one the floor. we would huddle up in the morning to find out how everyones weekend went then we would hear the pitch for the day and start work
making sure this are on display for customer eyes to catch. i only even did cash and it was hard sometime to ensure that i said the pitch line to each customer. working there was okay everall.got along with my employees.
Pros
get a discount
Cons
might have people who lie on what they bought is actually from the store
Trouver autre chose
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC12 November 2018
J'ai eu une mauvaise expérience. J'avais entendue de mauvais commentaires. Cependant , je voulais essayer pour valider! Je confirme que vous pouvez trouver meilleur ailleurs !!!!
Ils nous donnent nos pauses après 1h de travail. On se retrouve à travailler parfois 5h sans arrêter et n'accepte pas les erreurs d'inattention! Vous devez etre parfait tout au long de votre chiffre. (on ma deja envoyé en pause apres 3o minutes de travail. Ils veulent se debarasser des pauses). Certains directeurs adjoints demandent a des associés d'espionner d'autres collègues ou espionnent leurs employés constamment. Ils ne considèrent pas leurs employés et sont méchants. Ils ne tiennent pas compte des efforts et disent des commentaires negatifs...peu de positifs...ils ne sont jamais satisfaits...
Pros
Valeurs de la compagnie
Cons
Les pauses sont trop tôt, respect peu present
Team player
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 November 2018
• Accurately and efficiently performed primary job functions determined by work assignment.
• Selected orders in an accurately and timely manner.
• Managed inventory within the warehouse by completing physical tasks.
• Understood basic produce storage and handling requirements.
• Completed inventory paperwork for inbound receiving.
• Operated equipment in a safely manner while adhering to food safety policies.
• Correspond with Management team about defects within Inbound and Outbound.
Job For students
Customer Service and Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2018
They won't give you hours, because they hire a lot of people to cover absence. It is hard to negotiate with management, they don't value you enough...
very great place to get a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 October 2018
I enjoyed this job very much, and my management was the best! I believe everyone would enjoy this job! The options to further climb the ladder with this company is great.
Great company to work for
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 October 2018
Enjoyed my 11 + years with this company. There is a lot of opportunity to advance within the company. In my personal experience I found they do tend to promote from within.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Low pay
Good
OPS (Current Employee) –  Canada27 September 2018
Good company to work! The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, Fortune 500 company, with $29.1 billion in revenues in 2014, more than 3,300 stores in 7 countries, and approximately 198,000 Associates. Company operate Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls (combined, TJX Canada) in Canada.
Not a bad place to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Head office needs to come up with rules that they can abide by. Nothing quite like letting a customer know of a company policy only to have it over ruled 30 seconds later when they complain. The rules here do not apply to anyone but to you as a worker to let customers know they exist. The customer will then go ahead and have their way regardless, leaving you looking like you tried to give them a hard time when you're simply following the rules that, like I said, apply to no one but you. Not a bad place to work for overall. Would recommend.
Amazing company and work culture
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 July 2018
I must say its one of the best company in Ontario, I have been working on this and the entire management team is just awesome.

Amazing training and everyone shows respect for each other.

It's been a pleasure to work for TJX.

Thank you TJX for giving me a chance to work in this amazing environment.
Pros
Good salary, Awesome coworkers, Good hours
Cons
No Cons
amazing company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 July 2018
homesense is a great franchise to be part of. i am very proud that i spent time with them in my in my life. TJX is becoming larger and growing daily. they really do treat there employees with great care and have highly trained employed organization. this job made me learn so much in todays work.
good place to work but very bad management
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 July 2018
the assistant supervisor was mean and rude to employees...not professional at all. break timings are good. Management did nothing despite knowing that the field supervisor was rude to emplyees
Pros
breaks time and shifts are good
Cons
work environment
A good first job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
TJX is a good company to work at for a first job, it might take a little bit of getting used to because there are lots of departments within the store. A day on the job involves you helping customers and also getting called to help in other departments if it is busy. The management is usually very good and nice to the associates. Hardest part of working is that sometimes you get overwhelmed with the work amount or if you're asked to do a lot of things and don't have time to do them all. The best part of working there is that you can learn a lot about the different departments and brands that you sell as well as that you get to meet lots of new people
Pros
busy, fast paced, proper training
Cons
bad employee discount
Benefits and work Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 June 2018
Should be more benefits for those member who worked more than a year and consistent hours for the employees, great employees that worked as a team and making the company feel a second home.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No consistent hours
Brutal in the summer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2018
Overall, it is a good place to work if you want to earn money and don't have much experience. However, since it is working in the warehouse it can be brutal in the summer as the space is very enclosed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K