The Sydney Call Center

The Sydney Call Center Employee Reviews

I thought the training was great and the people were nice but when it came time to actually be on the floor and when you were given a schedule that was not what was offered in the offer letter.If your sick don't be sick more than one day or if you have a family don't take time for appointments because you will be made to make up that time and only within the week you missed. I was having issues with the calls and the communication between leaders and supervisors is terrible. You ask a question and you are on the phone with a customer waiting mins and then you get multiple answers. I asked to do part time and was told the only part time is not work from home to see that they are offering work from home full and part time but refused to let me go part time. So the advertising of some positions is not great. Might be a good job if you are single and have no responsibilities other than paying some bills.
Pros
People seemed nice
Cons
Poor Communication
I just started working at the scc. The application process made me feel comfortable. Typically I am very nervous during interviews. The team that hires made this my best hiring experience yet. I felt at ease from the first phone call. The hiring team was so nice and made me feel important the entire process. I have enjoyed working on the call center floor so far. I am meeting alot of great people. The environment is relaxed and fun. I highly recommend applying here!
Pros
Great team
I've worked for the company for 10 years now. I love the people, the management and the flexible scheduling. Through Covid 19 my job was safe and secure.
Every morning we have a meeting to discuss goals and daily routine or new events occurring. We all communicate well and enjoy our jobs. i have been with the company for 10+ years and wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Contests
Cons
Management is amazing. Professional work environment. Easy-going atmosphere. Amazing co-workers. Productive environment. Feel appreciated when I accomplish something.
I really enjoy working for this company! Management is understanding and eager to help in any situation. My coworkers all get along great, we are always happy to see each other, which makes coming to work easy!
Pros
contests, benefits, advancements
This is a wonderful company to work for! I have been working here several years. The atmosphere is very family oriented. We have a wonderful team and i highly suggest anyone working here!
Pros
Everything about this company is great.
Cons
I have none.
Low stress, professional. Good bonuses and incentives. The best people in the world to work with. Casual environment. Tough, serious but caring management. But its professional, so you have to always be your best. But they'll give you lots of chances. Hourly rate is minimum wage. Supervisors are great.
It's better than other $12/hr jobs but it's the kind of job that you quit as soon as you can find anything that pays better with similar benefits. The work environment can best be described as a cross between a minimum security prison and a high school. The training sucks and the work is both mundane and unfulfilling. It's a sadness factory that will crush your hopes and dreams if you stay too long - unless, of course you have no hopes, nor dreams nor ambition. Then, it's better than other low-paying alternatives. That's because most other low-paying jobs provide little or no health benefits - which is the primary/only reason many continue to work here.
cooperative, and a good attitude at work.working overtime, and enjoying working under a well established management, with a the best ambiance for the workers
Friendly relaxed work place, great bonuses and contests. Managers know your name, you’re not just a number. I enjoy working here. Great advancement opportunities too.
Pros
Free employee benefits
It is a great place to work the people are friendly and you get to work as part of a team and hit goals and the bonus pay is a really nice benefit to the job
Nice place to work and the people are great. Very repetitive though, generally the same thing every day. Incentives are pretty good. Shifts are consistent.
I had a lot of fun at the call centre! But the pay was low, the bonuses were low, the hours were not as flexible as I was told and even though everyone is supposed to follow the rules, they vary per person. The new call list actually repeated my customers to me, I had notes on the screen and kept a log of my call backs. I had to dispo as if they were new calls or get CAd. Training on the floor lacked.
Good job good wages. They used to be more flexible with hours however that has changed under the new management. Benefit package is great for family needs. Free for singles
Training classes were a joke, you can really feel the trainers' burnout. Every day you come to work wondering who will last. Cliques are present and, sadly, required. Folks walk in a line with hunched shoulders and despondent expressions. The actual job is monotonous with little satisfaction. IT is bumbling, they require you to enter your SIN number on their poorly maintained network. Lots of sad people who abuse the tiniest amount of power. Bullying is how they save money by getting you out before the benefits kick in.
A typical day at work was just being on calls, talking to delightful and disgruntle customers. I learned to remain cam in alot of situation and how to make customers feel better and happier about products. I had really awesome managers that always made themselves available whenever i needed them.
it was great experience, it was same management when our previous company shutdown, this company hired everyone whoever lost their job from servicom bankruptcy.
playing music on speakers that should not be played in a work environment, music laced with the "N" word, sexually explicit lines, very unprofessional place
It was fun place to work, made a great del of friends. We had incentives and played games on a regular basis. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt and is now open under the name The Sydney Call centre.
Environment is relaxed and casual. Medical benefits are free for employees (there is a cost for family coverage) and the bonuses are very good. Lots of room to grow with the company if you're interested in advancing.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Job can be repetitive