The Sydney Call Center

Insights into The Sydney Call Center

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast paced and stressful

I worked evenings with on-star. Got to a point where I was so stressed out and headaches from staring at screens that I had a nervous breakdown. Always worring about sales sales sales. Nit picking at everything. Come on guys we only have 10 sales all night they would say. Let's say I worked as a general laborer. From pouring concrete to jackhammering. This was way more stressful. I could get back on if needed. But I'd rather not..

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long hours, very repetitive, getting told off on calls, long drive

Fun workplace, very nice staff.

Very enjoyable, everyone is extremely helpful and willing to help you when needed. Always there to make sure everyone on the floor succeeds. Training is wonderful as well. 10/10 recommend

Pros

Referral bonus for friends, occasional free lunch incentives

Fun and really friendly

I started applying for a position in the call Centre for a position from may 2019 and I got hired exactly after 1 year. Even though i waited 1 year every single day of wait was worth it. I got to work in 3 different contracts and each one of them were exiting and challenging. I gained a good Cust service experience and i loved working here. They do provide benefits, bonus and incentives if you work accordingly.

Pros

paid vacation.

Do not work here

I worked at the Sydney Call Centre for longer than I should have .Out of my years of work experience at various jobs I have never experienced a work environment with so much negativity and toxicity. First of all, management will push unattainable goals on supervision who will, in turn, push them on the employees.Secondly, there is tell of bonus incentives in the posting where the reality is- the bonus requirements, in the time I was employed by this company, steadily increased and by the end of my employment bonus was borderline impossible to achieve.Lastly, every second of time that you miss you are required to make up by working extra time and if this is not met than there are penalizations at every level.This coupled with the impossible sales goals creates a toxic and miserable work environment. Overall, I would shovel poo for spare change before I ever thought to apply to this job again.

Pros

Medical, dental, and eye care benefits.

Cons

Long hours, full schedule, minimum wage for supervision

Only training was great

At first you only get less then 5 days of training. They put you on phones most do not stay. You are trained one campaign and put on another. Very unsafe, also not very clean.

Pros

Cons

Not enough hours

Poor software with GM

They have issues with software that is defective and will blame you for the issue. I would recommend finding something better, I’ll be letting the HR know of these issues and to be switched over to customer service.

Pros

Sale bonuses, good pay

Cons

Poor software, management, quality of work

Customers service representative

Billing issues Selling project Dealing with upset customer and solving sending signal to radios and have to have lots of patients ... There's always help if you can't solve it on your own

Pros

Free lunch and many of beaks

Not worth the time

I liked it at 1st until they had a problem with my health issues that I informed them about before I started working there and the coworkers are very rude

Pros

Cons

Long hours short lunch break

Great people but horribly run

I thought the training was great and the people were nice but when it came time to actually be on the floor and when you were given a schedule that was not what was offered in the offer letter.If your sick don't be sick more than one day or if you have a family don't take time for appointments because you will be made to make up that time and only within the week you missed. I was having issues with the calls and the communication between leaders and supervisors is terrible. You ask a question and you are on the phone with a customer waiting mins and then you get multiple answers. I asked to do part time and was told the only part time is not work from home to see that they are offering work from home full and part time but refused to let me go part time. So the advertising of some positions is not great. Might be a good job if you are single and have no responsibilities other than paying some bills.

Pros

People seemed nice

Cons

Poor Communication

Good luck getting help to improve

They have goals to meet in order to get a bonus but it’s near impossible to get help with improving unless it’s from other agents. There is no individual feedback unless you get an auto fail. The supervisors are too busy to do it and the quality assurance people are too and they don’t even let you see your scores unless you get 0%. The benefits suck. They give a warning if your attendance drops below 90% for a 4 week period and toss you out if you get 4 of those so if you get sick and miss a few days and you aren’t able to get a doctors note you are in trouble. Especially if you are still recovering when you get back and can’t work the extra hours to make up the time fast enough. They advertise part time but you can’t work part time unless you are a student or have a doctors note. They screw up your schedule by not scheduling you for any holiday they’d have to pay time and a half for and schedule you in on your day off so you might have to work 6 days in a week because they are too cheap. Even though this centre was the most profitable mci company last year. Only time you get a raise is when minimum wage goes up!The guy who bought the center acted like he was so great for doing things like letting former employees keep their pay rate and seniority but he had to because it’s the law.

Pros

It’s a job, It has benefits

Cons

Benefits aren’t as good as at other call centres, Impossible to get help from management to do better, The training is usually inadequate.

Could not be happier

I just started working at the scc. The application process made me feel comfortable. Typically I am very nervous during interviews. The team that hires made this my best hiring experience yet. I felt at ease from the first phone call. The hiring team was so nice and made me feel important the entire process. I have enjoyed working on the call center floor so far. I am meeting alot of great people. The environment is relaxed and fun. I highly recommend applying here!

Pros

Great team

Fun work atmosphere with fellow co-workers

Every morning we have a meeting to discuss goals and daily routine or new events occurring. We all communicate well and enjoy our jobs. i have been with the company for 10+ years and wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Pros

Contests

Excellent

Low stress, professional. Good bonuses and incentives. The best people in the world to work with. Casual environment. Tough, serious but caring management. But its professional, so you have to always be your best. But they'll give you lots of chances. Hourly rate is minimum wage. Supervisors are great.

It's a (low paying) job, not a career.

It's better than other $12/hr jobs but it's the kind of job that you quit as soon as you can find anything that pays better with similar benefits. The work environment can best be described as a cross between a minimum security prison and a high school. The training sucks and the work is both mundane and unfulfilling. It's a sadness factory that will crush your hopes and dreams if you stay too long - unless, of course you have no hopes, nor dreams nor ambition. Then, it's better than other low-paying alternatives. That's because most other low-paying jobs provide little or no health benefits - which is the primary/only reason many continue to work here.

very friendly , interesting coperative, with overtime

cooperative, and a good attitude at work.working overtime, and enjoying working under a well established management, with a the best ambiance for the workers

Family atmosphere

Friendly relaxed work place, great bonuses and contests. Managers know your name, you’re not just a number. I enjoy working here. Great advancement opportunities too.

Pros

Free employee benefits

Great job

It is a great place to work the people are friendly and you get to work as part of a team and hit goals and the bonus pay is a really nice benefit to the job

Pretty relaxed, very repetitive

Nice place to work and the people are great. Very repetitive though, generally the same thing every day. Incentives are pretty good. Shifts are consistent.

I was misinformed about a lot. Bonuses, hourly wage could be $25, flexible hours. not true.

I had a lot of fun at the call centre! But the pay was low, the bonuses were low, the hours were not as flexible as I was told and even though everyone is supposed to follow the rules, they vary per person. The new call list actually repeated my customers to me, I had notes on the screen and kept a log of my call backs. I had to dispo as if they were new calls or get CAd. Training on the floor lacked.

Good job and good wages

Good job good wages. They used to be more flexible with hours however that has changed under the new management. Benefit package is great for family needs. Free for singles

It had a prison mentality

Training classes were a joke, you can really feel the trainers' burnout. Every day you come to work wondering who will last. Cliques are present and, sadly, required. Folks walk in a line with hunched shoulders and despondent expressions. The actual job is monotonous with little satisfaction. IT is bumbling, they require you to enter your SIN number on their poorly maintained network. Lots of sad people who abuse the tiniest amount of power. Bullying is how they save money by getting you out before the benefits kick in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Sydney Call Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement