The Sydney Call Center

The Sydney Call Center Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
It is a great place to work the people are friendly and you get to work as part of a team and hit goals and the bonus pay is a really nice benefit to the job
Low stress, professional. Good bonuses and incentives. The best people in the world to work with. Casual environment. Tough, serious but caring management. But its professional, so you have to always be your best. But they'll give you lots of chances. Hourly rate is minimum wage. Supervisors are great.
It's better than other $12/hr jobs but it's the kind of job that you quit as soon as you can find anything that pays better with similar benefits. The work environment can best be described as a cross between a minimum security prison and a high school. The training sucks and the work is both mundane and unfulfilling. It's a sadness factory that will crush your hopes and dreams if you stay too long - unless, of course you have no hopes, nor dreams nor ambition. Then, it's better than other low-paying alternatives. That's because most other low-paying jobs provide little or no health benefits - which is the primary/only reason many continue to work here.
cooperative, and a good attitude at work.working overtime, and enjoying working under a well established management, with a the best ambiance for the workers
Friendly relaxed work place, great bonuses and contests. Managers know your name, you’re not just a number. I enjoy working here. Great advancement opportunities too.
Pros
Free employee benefits
Nice place to work and the people are great. Very repetitive though, generally the same thing every day. Incentives are pretty good. Shifts are consistent.
I had a lot of fun at the call centre!
But the pay was low, the bonuses were low, the hours were not as flexible as I was told and even though everyone is supposed to follow the rules, they vary per person. The new call list actually repeated my customers to me, I had notes on the screen and kept a log of my call backs. I had to dispo as if they were new calls or get CAd. Training on the floor lacked.
Good job good wages. They used to be more flexible with hours however that has changed under the new management. Benefit package is great for family needs. Free for singles
Training classes were a joke, you can really feel the trainers' burnout. Every day you come to work wondering who will last. Cliques are present and, sadly, required. Folks walk in a line with hunched shoulders and despondent expressions. The actual job is monotonous with little satisfaction. IT is bumbling, they require you to enter your SIN number on their poorly maintained network. Lots of sad people who abuse the tiniest amount of power. Bullying is how they save money by getting you out before the benefits kick in.
A typical day at work was just being on calls, talking to delightful and disgruntle customers. I learned to remain cam in alot of situation and how to make customers feel better and happier about products. I had really awesome managers that always made themselves available whenever i needed them.
it was great experience, it was same management when our previous company shutdown, this company hired everyone whoever lost their job from servicom bankruptcy.
playing music on speakers that should not be played in a work environment, music laced with the "N" word, sexually explicit lines, very unprofessional place
It was fun place to work, made a great del of friends. We had incentives and played games on a regular basis. Unfortunately the company went bankrupt and is now open under the name The Sydney Call centre.
Environment is relaxed and casual. Medical benefits are free for employees (there is a cost for family coverage) and the bonuses are very good. Lots of room to grow with the company if you're interested in advancing.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Job can be repetitive
I worked for this sad excuse for a company a number of years ago, and it was bad enough that I ended up having a case heard before a Department of Labor tribunal, which I won. There is no protection from bad managers The company will guarantee you forty hours a week, until "business needs" change, and then you can have your hours cut. It took me nearly a year to get the benefits that I was promised within 90 days. The site director is a moron who has been promoted well beyond his level of ability.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
No stability whatsoever. Hours can be cut and the contract you're on changed at a whim.
I loved working there till I left , everyone don’t get treated the same there some people get treated better then others and it’s not right or fair and it’s a great place to work good people good mangers and there all friendly and you would have your good days and your bad days with the sales
Pros
Loved the mangers there
Cons
They didn’t treat people right
Love this job, but don't afford to travel back and forth to work on a daily basis and milage isn't covered and was ripped off with the sign on bonus. Other then that, the place is nice, people are nice, job is good, would be nice to be paid travel and get free lunch maybe once a week.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks and lunches. Drinks/snacks cost too much