The Super Plumber

The Super Plumber Reviews: Working at The Super Plumber

Canada9 reviews

Amazing Team Focused Work Place

I have just completed my first full year of working for The Super Plumber. I can say without a doubt this has been the best company I've had the privilege to work for. Everybody on this team is ready and willing to work with you on any matter. At times this can be a stressful job, simply due to the high pressure situations we become involved with, but the management team here give us all the tools and support we need to succeed and they pay appropriately for the work load that we handle.

Pros

Amazing Team, Benefits & Flexibility

Cons

Irate Customers

On going growth, endless opportunities, above standard pay.

If you want to be apart of a great plumbing company with endless opportunities and well above standard pay, apply at The Super Plumber!Once you are hired you'll get a company van, you will be expected to keep it clean, keep track of inventory, dealing with customers, diagnosing plumbing problems, selling and performing work, on call rotation, following up on opportunities, keep your self accountable and hold your self to high standards, as this company will also hold you to high standards!The job can be stressful, customers can be hard to deal with, difficult situations that may arise as any job has their share, equipment may be hard to find when needed.There is on going training, support for techs, the company is always growing and with growth comes changes. When you are working here you will see that everyone is friendly, admin staff are a pleasant to talk to, they have a great management team and core group that have been here for years, everyone works hard and really feels like a team atmosphere!

Pros

Awesome place to work, Well above standard pay structure, Oppertunities

Cons

On call, larger equipment might be hard to find when needed

Insights into The Super Plumber

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great people to work with, great management and flexible hours

I have worked for this company for five years now and have only good things to say about them. The owner of the company is very personable as well as supportive of all of his employees. I have told many people that he is one of the best people I have ever worked for. Great pay, good people, amazing management. The list goes on and on......

Pros

Work van, gas card, free training, great Bay

Cons

Best plumbing company on the island

I’m a long term employee that loves my job. Can be stressful at times, but that’s been my experience anywhere in this industry. Great people work here and the culture is always improving. I get 3 days off every week and 4 weeks holiday! Long days, but great pay!

Pros

People, Management and pay

Cons

Long days occasionally

Amazing place to work!!!

The Super Plumber has been the best place I’ve ever worked. If you are the right fit for this company then you are rewarded for your efforts. Management is very respectful and caring.

Pros

Team vibe, friendly staff, high pay

Cons

No cons

Awesome people and great wage, recommend highly

Great wage and amazing people to work with. Great at advancing you up the company based on your experience and job performance. This is the best company I have worked for to date.

Trade ruining company

The plumber is expected to do the work of three people, and they charge an arm and a leg, so guess who gets the flack for it: the plumber. The customer and the management squeeze the plumber for all they’re worth and then throw them away like garbage. High pressure sales and then you are expected to finish the job in record time with no hiccups—of course there are plenty of those because they have faulty and unreasonable expectation Wouldn’t recommend to anyone who cares about their craft

Pros

Cons

They’re all snakes

Best wages I ever had in the industry outside of industrial.

Super Plumber is a great place to work for the service man who can sell. Qualified staff, good equipment, and a healthy office culture. I recommend working at SP for anyone new to the area who wants to learn Victoria and meet some of the best plumbers on the island. Also not a company for the slacker. Don't waste your time applying here if you can't pull your weight. The only reason I left is because of mental health reasons related to all employment, and current life situations. The caveat is pretty much what you find in any shop. You find politics if you look for them, or talk about them. The other thing I didn't like so much is this is a sales focused shop. I didn't know at the time so much until I went on my own. If your used to the managers doing the selling, and you doing the installing than this company will be a challenge for you. That being said they're willing to train good men and women into success. Super Plumber is probably one of the most solid business models I've ever worked under that isn't a huge company where you are only a number. Over 10 shops on my resume, and two of them were from the ground-up.

Pros

Four Ten's, High Wages, Experienced Management, Quality Equipment, Healthy Shop Atmosphere

Cons

Sales Script, Sales focused

Caution to plumbers

be very carefull on this company, great people , but you better be good at sales and covering your butt. If they don't like your close rate on sales or how you sold a job, they will get rid of you. I was there for a long period of time and they had gone through over 20 plumbers.

Pros

good people

Cons

Stress and managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Super Plumber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement