The Stevens Company Employee Reviews

Worked gete for a year
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2019
Worked here for a year and its unsafe!
If your not a fave here they will let yea go!! I had them make excuses up to fire you!!! Stay away unless you need a pay check!!
no place for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2019
After spending close to 4 years with the company, there was no opportunity for growth. They tell you that when you apply and when you are interviewed for the job that there are many opportunities!
What a joke! I returned back from maternity leave hoping to be promoted to the second floor in another department; I was told there was a pay freeze at the time; nor was moving departments an option. Come Feb- Mar, management is taken on a vacation to a hot place in the Caribbean on the company's expense while workers are told that they do not have the money for an increase in pay. " Pay Freeze. " Did I mention that the not all employees get equal benefits? It depends on the bracket you are in. Lower end employees in the company get low end benefits. Educated individuals should not waste their time with this company because when you mention that you do have "a diploma" they do not take this into account. You are considered a threat. They will also try buying you with a lousy holiday basket and tell you " Now that you got one; you don't plan on leaving us"...hmm hmm....quoted by management.
Cons
no place for advancement
Overall Great
Data Analyst/ IT Support (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 March 2019
I really enjoyed working here, the staff and team working environment are really harmonious. I will definitely recommend people working here as a start.
Stay Away
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2018
Even their response is false. There's nobody to turn to. Company is nothing but dictatorship. Stay far away from this place. Favoritism and degradation of employees
Laid Back Working Environment
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 October 2018
The Stevens company is a great place to work for someone who is looking for a relaxed environment. There is a great work life balance and they really encourage a team environment.
Calgary is a fun and rewarding place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2018
The Stevens Company is a great company to work for. The management makes you feel part of the Stevens family. It is fast paced and the days go by quickly. There are lots of social activities and a good culture making this an enjoyable place to work. I learned a lot and I am grateful for the time I spent there and the friends I made. The only reason I left is there wasn't a lot of opportunity for advancement in the Calgary branch. I am surprised by the reviews written as this wasn't my experience at all. The team is multicultural and everyone was always treated kindly.
Pros
nice people, friendly, flexible
Cons
pay is average, not much opportunity for advancement
Horrible Management in Calgary dont waste your time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2018
One of the worst companies to work for, the Calgary location thrives on favouritism, partiality and nepotism. The director of operations is very rude and extremely biased with very bad management skills. The Calgary location is run as if it is a backyard office of the director or operations rather than a corporate location of the Stevens company. The company has no training, no process documents, cheat sheets nothing, very badly managed company with pathetic pay. If you dont fit in with directors group you are ignored, not acknowledged and mistreated. Stay away absolutely far away from the calgary location, your work will never be acknowledged as there is complete partiality and nepotism. Undeserving people sit in their own offices not by merit or position just because of personal relations. The Calgary location is all about racism, partiality, favouritism and nepotism. Extremely demotivating, demoralising work atmosphere with non co-operative people. The Calgary location is the biggest joke of a corporate branch location and the management reporting is a bigger joke, nepotism right in your face! The other locations might be ok but Calgary location dont waste your time, you are going to get nowhere in your career working in calgary
Pros
No pros at all pathetic pay
Cons
Biggest con is the director of operations worst manager ever
Official response from The Stevens Company
23 November 2018

As a proud family owned company with over 180 years of history and tradition, we are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We do take all reviews (both positive and negative) seriously and use the feedback to ensure continuous improvement. Thank you for your comments and all the best in your future endeavours.

A great place to work with wonderful people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
I am regularly in contact with Stevens employees/coworkers not only in the Calgary branch but throughout the country and never have a bad interaction. Everyone is so nice, and happy to help when needed.

The Midwest Director of Operations (located in Calgary) is simply phenomenal. She not only provides amazing customer service and handles any situation effortlessly, but she is a wonderful, extremely hard working boss and a great friend.

The company is awesome at showing their appreciation for their staff and I personally always feel happy to be part of the team.
Calgary is a bad place to work - go anywhere else even next door
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2017
The Calgary branch is not a good place to work. Racism in the warehouse - and no punishment and favoritism in the front office. Most successful employees are related to the Director of Operations. Low salaries, especially for the warehouse workers and no room for growth unless you're part of the family. Bullying issues - no HR person to report to - You can't have a sick day or emergency with your kids without being blackballed for weeks after. I had an emergency with my son and had to miss two days of work which lead to the director not speaking to me for weeks. Very bad attitudes around the office because everyone is stressed that they are broke and in a bad position with the boss. If you're not in her clique you may as well not bother joining the "team".
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Great people, not much advacement
Accounting Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
Great place to work, people are nice, a lot of home developed employees. Management is very operational focused. Growing company but slow growth. Fun environment.
Pros
Fun, Nice people
Cons
Not much career growth
Automotive
Warehouse lead hand (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2016
this place was nice to work for and the people i got along with everyone. the job was more on the dirty side and few health concerns is the reason why i looked for something else. i would go back if i was offer.
Fast paced warehouse environment with hands on management
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 July 2015
the Stevens Company was a great place to work.
It was a fast paced warehouse where everyone from order pickers, sales staff, inventory management all the way up the president of the company worked side by side to complete like minded goals.