The Staffing Connection Employee Reviews

Good selection of jobs
Laborer at Kawartha Metals (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
A typical work day is an early start, afternoon finish, usually in a construction or laborer type setting. I am okay with that, Staffing Connection has always been good and finding me work. I appreciate that and would recommend them to anybody.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes the work isn't that great
Alex Burke
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
- I usually enjoy a typical day at work
-I learned skills to use in the job and rules of working in a factory like Ventura
-My manager was nice and seemed laid back
-The workplace culture was pretty calming, everyone seemed to get along
-The hardest part of the job was having to stand for so long
-The most enjoyable part of the job was getting along with the people I work with
Pros
Get good pay
Cons
Have to usually work at least 8 hours
enjoyed working here
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
a typical day at work for me is cleaning up yards or sorting hazardous waste. I enjoyed working for sunbelt rentals because they are super friendly and everyone would make jokes and laugh but also work hard.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
slow work at the placements
good place to work
Labourer (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. extremely helpful solving any questions or problems i have. the hardest part of the job is chipping concrete but i love it just the same.
Pros
weekly payday
Cons
lots of traveling
Great place to work. Friendly and helpfull staff
Cleaning Staff (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
I Work in Ventra plastics. It is a very great place to work. I learned a new things there everyday. And I am still learning there. I Got a job there with the help of staffing connection.It is very good working there. I loved the other staff and employee.The job is little bit of hard but if you want to gain something you have to work hard only. The most enjoyable time is the break time.
Pros
Long break timings
Cons
Some physical work
Excellent Service
Part time worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
Staffing Peterborough has the highly friendly staff. i have been working for them past 4 months and never been disappointed. Always supportive. My paycheck always arrives on time. All in all the best.
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
Started with The Staffing Connection in February of 2018 as a driver helper. A typical work day involves travel in and around Peterborough as well as outlying areas such as Cobourg and Barrie. Management is a pleasure to work with and are helpful in answering any questions that arise. The workplace culture has been enjoyable as it presents the opportunity to travel to different places with varying job responsibilities.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Long hours at times
been a very good experiance
factory worker (Former Employee) –  675 the parkway4 May 2018
everything has been good have leared alot from every experiance the only thing I would like is more oppeit rtunity but other than that i have really like with u guys
Pros
being paid every week
Cons
not enough job opertunitys
grate app
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
grate app. the jobs ive gotten out of the app have been good jobs that ive really enjoyed . i really got along with the boss and the enployes and liked working outdoors
Pros
working outside
Cons
the heat
good place for excperience
Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
can be a bit hectic at times but is a pretty good place to get a start. if your looking for a place to get job experience in a number of different places then staffing connections is a perfect choice
Pros
they call you directly for information u may want
Cons
you can get job offers at very random hours
meeting new people learning new thing
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2018
i like that i tend to get moved around to different jobs learning new things each shift.So far all the people at the job placements are nice polite to work with
Pros
friendly people
Cons
long walks
The jobs are easy and all you have to do is phone in to see what jobs are offered.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON27 April 2018
The staffing connections office staff are very kind and knowledgeable. Jobs given out are those that accommodate your work ability. The job I have currently allows me to work the mornings and have the afternoon for recreation and leisure ( a social life). Work is fulfilling and the people you will have the pleasure to get to know are wonderful.
Pros
Have the afternoons off
Cons
Having to wake up really early
good people
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 April 2018
i just walked in looking for work and met the happiest people doing a great job, clean happy work places make for happy people doing good work will defiantly recommend
Pros
tims coffee
Cons
ac was busted
Great work placements and very helpful staff members
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 April 2018
very friendly and helpful staff members, they have lot of great job opportunities, i'm always learning new skills and gaining new work experience. I really like the assortment of the job placements they have to offer and i definitely enjoy working for them!
Pros
large amount of job opportunities in many different fields, always leaning new skills and meeting new people
Cons
when some of the jobs end, or lay offs
pretty good temp agency. Phone staff and office are always cordial and helpful
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 April 2018
Having worked for a few temp agencies this one has been the best. Management is supportive and helpful and listen to your concerns. I had no trouble finding work right away.
Pros
found jobs easily
Cons
low pay and boring jobs
Busy workplace with supportive colleagues
Media and PR leader (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 April 2018
Busy workplace with supportive colleagues and challenging pace and interesting work. Team members help out with each others functions and roll up their sleeves whenever possible.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
convenient and easy workplace.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 April 2018
convenient work environment with the added bonus of a great team at staffing connection, always wiling to go the extra mile to help you and get you work, aswell as almost always having work for you.
Pros
choose when you want to work basically
Had a great interview
temp worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 April 2018
Had a great interview and was informed about everything with no problems. the lady was very helpful and pleasant. The other people with me were also very pleasant.
Pros
learn something new about whimis
Cons
the wait time was a little long
good place to work
Labourer (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 April 2018
Pros
weekly payday
Cons
lots of traveling
If I could give it zero stars I would.
Internal Position. (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 April 2018
The biggest issue with the Staffing Connection is the management. The managers thrive on treating other people like they are worthless, and the extremely high turnover rate is proof of this - worked there for a few months and saw at least 7 internal people get hired and then quit within that time frame.
There is NO work-life balance, the office culture is terrible as it is very high stress. Most of the employees are expected to work for 10+ hours a day on salary wages, meaning they end up earning less than minimum wage.
Many people that get hired on with staffing connection don't get paid!!!
Stay away from this place!!!
Pros
Rapport between coworkers is nice
Cons
Horrible managers, lying and deceit, not getting paid, treating people like they are garbage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Staffing Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

The Staffing Connection Reviews by Location