The Source Employee Review

Store Manager
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2013
The company is currently in transition from one entity to another since it's purchase from Bell.

It still has lots of old "Radio Shack" habits and sees it self as a store of gadgets, doodads, and random electronics. It has a renewed focus on wireless for virgin and bell.

Stores are very difficult to manage because the company keeps a very low employee to customer ratio, but would like to take a professional solution selling approach with big ticket items, wireless in particular. However they offer very little training to the managers, and very old systems to support them. You will find many thousands of sku's packed into a little store, with mountains of clearance product, and very little staff. This makes it difficult to keep such stores operating at a high level with a strong sales focus. The head office likes to think of the organization as sales focused, however the policies they have in place drive the company like radio shack where staff are just cashiers and store care takers.

Keep in mind this was years back, and the company was in major transition. It could be very different now with Bell at the helm as when I left there had been many changes at the executive to senior levels of the company.
Pros
Lots of cool stuff, always something to do, you are encouraged to play with your products
Cons
Too much clutter, hard to focus on the sales with so much operational preassure.

Other The Source Employee Reviews

Fun place with great co-workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC23 April 2018
Only worked at the source for a few months but i had fun there. My co-workers are great people and so was the manager. Training was great and I learnt a lot with communicating with customers better.
Enjoyable but not adaptive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 April 2018
My review is as followed; if you have a good team it's a great time. The company is focused on too many metrics in my opinion making for unnecessary stress on employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.