The Source Employee Reviews

Great workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2018
Contribute to the team's success by achieving Consumer Electronics, Wireless and Residential Services monthly sales targets. Provide each customer with an exceptional in-store experience by developing strong relationships and meeting customer needs. Collaborate with team members to ensure compliance to all store operational standards
Just a terrible terrible experience over my 2 years
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 October 2018
I worked at head office for 2 years. I had 4 different roles during my time there and each and every time, the job, as described was not accurate as to what the job actually was. Management talk behind your back and then berate you to your face. If you approach HR, you are not supported (infact, I was told I I don't like it I can leave- and this is when I raised legitamate concerns of terrible treatment from the Management team)
Near the end, when I finally had to leave for my mental health, I would approach the building in tears from stress.

The only two quazi positive things I could say about this place is that the pay is decent (not wonderful) but decent and the have a great cafeteria.
Pros
Cafeteria has good food
Cons
Just a negative and somewhat abusive environment.
fun, friendly place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 October 2018
a place where you can grow and learn. opportunities for advancement. I learned a great deal about business and retail. fun gatherings planned for staff. they try to encourage a good working environment
Local business with great people
Manager of Distribution Centre (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2018
A great place to work. Lots of long term dedicated staff. Family atmosphere but with Bell support. Full service cafeteria and employee discounts on inventory and all Bell services.
Exciting Learning Experence
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS14 October 2018
Loved helping customers find what they didn't know they needed. Asking questions and giving input to the customer and making sure that they are satisfied with the product was an amazing learning experience.
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT2 October 2018
The company was great however the store manager did not like me so it made the job uncomfortable. typical day was to process all receiving stock. Open or close duties. coaching of staff as per guidelines
Pros
great commission with base pay
Cons
Paranoid manager
Decent
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 September 2018
company was a decent place to work however their open door policy was never the greatest and when you had issues to address they weren't taken into consideration
Good People but too much emphasis on phone sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 September 2018
I Liked working with the people but there was always way too much pressure to sell phones. Even to people who were already happy with their current plans and the mall was full of phone kiosks which made the job even more difficult and since most of the pay was based on the commissions from phone sales it was very hard to make a livable wage working there.
Not a great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Napanee, ON10 September 2018
The Source, at face value, seems like a great company to work for. The commission structure seems solid and will be told there is plenty of room to advance. After working for this company for close to 5 years, I can tell you this simply is not the case. The Source is a dying company that refuses to pay their employees well, and will not promote from within. The last location I worked at before departing the company went managerless for 5 months (still does not have a manager, and is coming up on a year since it has had one, leaving the staff to pick up the manager work) where I was put into the role of taking care of the manger tasks, with no pay increase. When I applied for the position, I was not considered as I was told I did not have enough experience, but enough for me to do the job for free. Stay away, not a great place, and I do not see it lasting a whole lot longer. Staff was great to work with, company itself and management is the issue here, and it is a glaring issue.
Great for students and part timers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 September 2018
I've learned a lot during my time working at the source. It's a great starting point for people who is interested in sales and students looking for a seasonal job.
Great company to work for
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 September 2018
Really enjoyed working at The Source, feels like a family for me.
Great management, great environment. Was my first retail and work experience in Canada and definitely worth it!
The Source – Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 September 2018
• Worked on numerous certifications that will ensure continued success.
• Used effective communication skills when assisting customers.
• Assisted customers with the purchase of electronic devices using proven sales techniques.
• Helped build strong customer relationships to help ensure ongoing return of consumers.
productive
Sales Supervisor, product Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
• Prepared and utilized strategy to develop dealers’ stock price match policy as well as price protection program, resulting lower in–house inventory of %17 while working for Suzuki Technology
Solid place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS30 August 2018
I worked there for 3 years and loved it. Sales targets were sometimes tough to hit and I made more money when I started. All in all I would go back if need be.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2018
Every day is different you have to be ready to be on point with new prices and promotions. fun to play with some of the product. Good discount on products.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC28 August 2018
Treated me like family, always wanted to wake up and get to work early.. always new things to learn. taught me how not to be shy and come out of my shell and how to become a better salesperson!
Pros
Great coworkers and friendly all over Canada
Productive with High sale goals
Team Lead Sales (Keyholder) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2018
Constantly looking to hit your goals on a daily basis

Learned lots about sales and customer behavior

Management can be overwhelming but creating a relationship with management is what will set you up for success.

Very laid back, lots to do and plenty of room for conversation about life and work.

Hardest part is definitely hitting your goals on short notice. But is very rewarding once done
Good Place to work
Wireless Expert (Sales Associate, Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2018
The Source is good place for work. Specially for students who wants part time job. At Source you will get better environment and almost everyday you will know about new electronics including cellphones.
Basic pay with commission.
Difficult for students
Oracle developer (Former Employee) –  Seneca College24 August 2018
Working at The Source has provided me with various experiences. I have gained very good communication, teamwork, management skills. I communicated with customers effectively, gathered information about their lifestyle and liked that information to my sales. However, the companies policies about the employees' availability are messed up. It's very hard for students to manage work and attend school at the same time. The policy about availability is not flexible at all. It asks for a minimum 4 days availability even for parttime positions. But when you give them the availability, you get scheduled for very poor hours. Because the company has to maintain the efficiency of schedules over 80%. One other thing is the benefits. You only get 50% insurance coverage even if you work more than 35 hours a week.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON16 August 2018
They have amazing staff never give up on their employees they are always their to give you a hand if you need it they will always help you there the hardest of situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.