The Source Employee Reviews

Great place to work as long as you do your job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 May 2018
Working here is great, just do your job and you are rewarded with praise and pay that you deserve.
Fun and enjoyable workplace along with amazing like minded coworkers.
Great opportunity to grow in the company as long as you prove your worth.
Pros
Commission, discounts
Cons
It’s either you work too few hours or too many.
loved working there and was always fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC29 April 2018
working at the source was always a good day and i got to learn how to hook up cell phone plans and upgrade/order things online for customers. my boss was always there to help me with new things and upgrade the phones when i needed it.

the hardest part of job was not knowing some of the things that people were asking for.

the best part of my job was knowing i could upsell really well and earn bonuses for the company and myself.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
when it was slow there was nothing to do
Fun place with great co-workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC23 April 2018
Only worked at the source for a few months but i had fun there. My co-workers are great people and so was the manager. Training was great and I learnt a lot with communicating with customers better.
Enjoyable but not adaptive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 April 2018
My review is as followed; if you have a good team it's a great time. The company is focused on too many metrics in my opinion making for unnecessary stress on employees.
You have to be a dolphing in order to swing with those sharks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2018
At the time that I was working here there was minimum wage salary plus commission so people had to compete against each other to provide food for home.

I learned a lot about sales and customer service and how to prepare yourself to be a better sales associate, in order to have satisfied customer you have to study a lot your products and service, we used to sale cellphones and contracts of service, that was interesting, getting certified to sales cellphones, we did a lot of e learning.
Pros
It is a great School to learn sales and customer service
Cons
I really prefer to reserve my opinion about this topic
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC5 April 2018
if you do well with customer service its a great job. uyou have to be ready to work as soon as you get there as it is commission based.
there is pressure on meeting targets though. you do have to sell x amount of phones per month and there are stats you have to reach every month. at the end of your three month probation you get a 300 dollar bonus for being with the company. after 6 months you are eligible for heath care.
Great place to work fun and exciting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 April 2018
Great place love my time here. But now there is no career opportunity here. No FT unless your managment and they got rid of all the assistant manager positions.
tech was fun but boss out to lunch
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB27 March 2018
boss expected you to make so many cell phone sales but when you tried to sell one he would push you aside and steal your sale. often got called to help during my unpaid lunch because he was busy. learning about the new tech was fun though.
Pros
new tech knowledge
Cons
stolen commissions.
Rewarding but a lot of hardwork
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2018
A good place overall to work. There are opportunities of advancement if you are passionate and hard working. There is a lot to learn as there are new releases in technology frequently.
Professional, easy going enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2018
The Source in my opinion is one of the best places to work at. It has such a calm environment and the staff is always kind, friendly and helpful. I would recommend working at the source to anyone.
High paced environment
Sales Associate and Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 March 2018
Customer service and sales based job. Commission helps a lot with pay making it a self driven job. Competitive team environment, great starting job!
source does not care about employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Golden, BC15 March 2018
Overall a bad environment. Back room is never organized, training was terrible, the Source upper management showed time and time again its lack of care for its employees.
Pros
work life balance is good
Cons
mess, unorganized, lack of training
Hit your targets or get out.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 March 2018
Doesn't matter how well you do in any other area, aside from getting phones. Unless you are prepared to tediously balance about 10 different targets and make sure you nail all of them at the same time, don't bother working here. All your other efforts will never be noticed and you'll only get told you're not good enough.

Too much chaos. People looking for a stable work environment should look elsewhere.
Pros
Decent staff, manager.
Cons
District manager likes to micro manage, use her managers as "supervisors", too many targets, not enough recognition, if you don't hit your phone sales you don't exist, turnover rate is crazy.
productive and exciting work place
Jackson Square - Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 March 2018
I learned to be competitive in this workplace environment. this is all about time management , where you know must know how to maintain your time with your clientele.
High Pressure Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
The Source is a fun place to work, and the incentive pay was quite attractive for a retail job. The outrageous sales quotas ruin the customer-service experience.
Pros
Incentive Pay
Cons
Unreasonable Sales Expectations
Airport Location
Electronic Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2018
-Airport security and criminal background check needed.
-Slow and very little commission for this location.
-Airport food is expensive.
-Bell Canada shared parent company benefits
Pros
discounts
Cons
Slow customer traffic
Great place to work , get hands on new electronic devices / Cellphones / Gadgets
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
I started as an Associate in 2006 and in few months promoted to Assistant Manager. By January 2007 again promoted as Manager. From there moved to different locations . The best part of working at The Source is to get hands on New Cellphones / Electronic Devices / Cool Gadgets. I enjoyed the Annual Conventions , where all Managers from across Canada used to come for 3 Days. And the Best Moment which I will remember is When I was presented a Diamond Ring for winning Leaders Club Award in 2008, most prestigious award at Source.
Good Culture
Sales Associate (Part-time Position) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
The Source was a good place to work at. It felt like family environment, everyone liked each other, got along, and were willing to take their time to teach you new things. The fellow associates were very nice, will give aid when it comes to obtaining a good sale. The job is just straight forward. The only tip is to keep up with the change in phone plans and packages that Bell offers as well as the new products that The Source sells.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB19 February 2018
I didn't like the job but I liked the environment and the staff. The job is okay if you like turning down all of your customers because you don't have half the stuff Radio Shack used to carry. This company is trying to hard to be known as a another carrier when their original business was geared towards components.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Management throws employees under the bus
Sales Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2018
The pay was decent but the job is basically a 100% sales job, Your goal is to "sell bell" if you aren't interested in sales this is not the place for you. People and management were very pleasant to work with. But way too many shifts and hours were way too long. Absolute torture as it eats all of your time. But generally decent job if you're interested in sales and don't mind long hours!
Pros
Commission structure to the pay.
Cons
Too many Shifts, Long hours means no life outside work, Basically the bell store/virgin mobile store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.