The Source Employee Reviews

Not very professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC13 February 2018
The management was lazy, often taking many breaks despite only being allowed one 1/2 hour break in their shift. Workplace consisted of abusing amounts of gossip and some of my co workers would actively make moves to try and have other co workers fired. There was some backstabbing, sales were being "stolen" and all round a poor training system. On the bright side if you can tolerate all of that, there can be some good money in it for selling phones on contract.
Pros
Can make good money
Cons
See description
They're great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL12 February 2018
Working at the source provided a great opportunity to engage with customers and create unique solutions to their everyday needs. Honestly loved the team I worked with and can vouch for the company being great to work with.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Comission
Fun and ever changing workplace environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON7 February 2018
One of the most enjoyable parts of this job is being able to see and experience new and upcoming technology as its released. A typical day working at The Source involves aiding customers to find whatever they are looking for including wireless cell services and home services such as television and internet.
Pros
Comissions, many bonuses and incentives
Plenty of training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON7 February 2018
This workplace provided an overload of courses and knowledge check. Very strict rules, singled people out, no chance of promotion. Perfect for students and those who want a high tempo work environment. Not for those who don't work well with others or with strict deadlines and quotas. The manager talked openly about how the company does not care about it's employees, as we are just a number to them. Plenty to do during the day but very slow at night. The best part of the job was the easy commission.
Pros
Good commission, flexible hours.
Cons
Strict, boring, out to get you.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS5 February 2018
Really enjoyed my time working at The Source. Good environment, good staff, interesting mix of people that walked through the doors. Time spent after helping customers and completing daily tasks was spent talking about technology, gaming, movies, etc.
Job Depends Entirely on Staffing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 January 2018
I like my job at the Source, but this position is only for you if you enjoy constantly being rated by your manager and district manager. They expect unrealistic results from all staff and will write you up if you do not constantly perform above results. Multiple months of my employment, my coworkers and I performed above target and were told we need to have higher results than we had. The enjoyment on the job is based entirely on who you are scheduled with. If you are fortunate enough to have good coworkers, then you will like your job here. If you are not, the job is absolutely miserable from start to finish.
Pros
Health benefits, commission
Cons
Bad management structure
Great company with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Perth, ON17 January 2018
The Source is a fantastic and supportive company to work for. They provide excellent benefits even for part time employees. The hours are flexible (within reason) and the management on both store level and higher is very supportive. It's an excellent place to work if you've got the drive to do it.
Pros
Bell Employee discount, excellent health insurance and benefits.
Cons
Variable scheduling, can uave high pressure quotas.
The bosses suck and only care about the numbers but the co workers are great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB3 January 2018
Its just hard there u cant get where u wanna be with the manager there and he doesn't know how to give out hours and then they turn around and say ur numbers suck well then stop giving all the hours that no one is im the store to ur best seller
Pros
Discount
Cons
U must live the source no days to yourself
Alright job to spend up to a year in
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 December 2017
Very limited growth in this company and often changing the pay structure to make it better for low performers. Would recommend in between careers but not permanently.
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 December 2017
wow typical days at work are sick quick to learn hard on sales targets gotta be fast boy dont play yourself lol uhh theres not much else to say lmao whats good
Pros
uh commission
Cons
hard on sales targets
Enjoyable and productive
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2017
I've learned a lot over the years and I'm happy to say, with my experience and knowledge of the company it has given me the opportunity to implement those skills in any environment.
I was able to grow as an individual and as part of a team, I got along with the entire staff and it was never a dull moment.
The management was very respectful and was very resourceful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with our clients both face to face and over the phone, I enjoy making the customer happy and satisfying their needs.
fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 December 2017
i like working here, relaxed environment, good money to be made if you really work hard and push for the sales. Management is nice and understanding, flexible hours.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Quotas are sometime un realistic
Competitive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 December 2017
Spent each and every day trying to be at the top of the sales ladder nation wide. Management was your leader that had all the answers to any and every question pertaining to the job. Directly involved with all new cellular and in home technology.
Pros
Your effort directly impacted your hours
Average retail workspace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS6 December 2017
Very educational work experience in terms of learning about cellular/home services, as well as general sales skills. Sales targets/quotas are not always realistic
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT4 December 2017
It is less stressful if you achieve the sales target. Managers are awesome, just the top management (especially HR) is worst. They want to sale phone to every customer which is never possible.
Pros
Best Commission!!
Cons
Worst Management, no job security
Great people to work with but definite language barrier
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2017
I am learning a lot of valuable skills that can be transferred anywhere to any company that offers bell, bellmts or virgin mobile services, however i wish i could get more hours
Pros
great commission
Cons
language barrier because i dont speak punjab
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 November 2017
Always enjoyed working there, however the hours were too much for a full time student like myself (had me doing full time hours even though I was a part-timer). Very supportive when it comes to asking for help with something.
Pros
Great employee discount
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2017
As my first experience , I couldn’t ask for better . In these past 3-4 years I’ve learned a lot about customer service , leadership and especially about sales. I was hired at the age of 16, being the youngest one there, I’ve been best salesman in the district in 2015-2016.
Pros
Commission
Cons
If you are not good, they replace you
Competitive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
You were a salesperson, had to get sell to those who weren't looking to buy. Everyone got along with each other which made for a fun and enjoyable workplace.
Good
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 October 2017
My time at the source was very good. The commission structure is good and the people I worked with were very fun. The management was amazing and made me feel valued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.