The Source
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

The Source Employee Reviews

Canada657 reviews
Featured review
The Source selected this as a representative review
The overall environment was a lot of fun. getting to interact with the community and customers was the best part of the job besides getting to see all of the cool new tech that has come out.
Pros
Commission plus hourly payment
Push bell down people's throats; lose lunches and breaks and managers dont care. Training that is only applicable at some of the more well equipped stores. An absolute mess.
Is The Source the worst company to work for? No. Do I think that you need to be prepared for a specific type of work to do well here? Yes. The job involves a lot of hard sales—be prepared to cold pitch Bell services on every sale. How much you like your job will depend on your manager. They may micromanage you to death or leave you to flounder. If you have the personality that thrives in a high pressure, primarily commission sales job, you’ll do great.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low wage, long hours, heavy sales job
Expected us to have a "cell phone converstation" with every customer while working at a store in a low income area. Really hard to build rapport when following a script. District manager had a bad attitude.
If you want to work in a place where you are being put down everyday, yelled at, made fun of and none of the higher ups will listen to you? then this is the place for you! From furry suits at work, to attitude problems, & bullies, it just keeps on going downhill from there. 110% would not recommend wasting your time at this place. Your hours will be cut to nothing if you ever disagree with your co-workers at all, its always an argument over the littlest things there.
The Source is a great company to work for, team atmosphere, self initiative is important. if you have a passion for technology you'll be a definite fit for the job.
Pros
lots of prizes and free lunches
Cons
hours are not consistent annually.
I have met some amazing people at this job, it is one that is not too difficult, rewarding, and has a lot of things to learn when you first start out. Commission structure is solid too.
I enjoyed the day to day activities of working at The Source. Unfortunately the company had major culture problems which poisoned the experience from the top down. This included targets and goals that were pushed so hard that we were told to use deceptive and illegal practices to sign people up with cell phone contracts.
you have to work hard to earn hard, but they give you all of the tools to succeed and work with you to achieve your goals! The team and management are wonderful and you learn a lot working there.
On the surface, this company sounds like a fun environment where you sell tech products to customers and help with day to day technical problems that clients have. In reality, your goal is to aggressively cross sell to Bell and Virgin services, which include cellphones, home phones and tablets. Failure to meet monthly quotas for selling contracts will quickly lead to performance reviews and if you can't confidently sell cellular services to people who didn't intend on buying them when they walked through the door, this job is not for you. If you are an avid salesperson, and are able to sell these products, the compensation is reasonable and selling 10+ devices in a month will net you hundreds of dollars in extra commission.
Pros
discounts on tech devices, lots of experience in tech
Cons
management will breath down your neck if you don't hit targets, bad hours
I making company and the customers are great and the employees a great You’re great and everything that they do and they really strive to meet the needs for the
This is definitely NOT a bad place to work. The pay is decent and commision is available to each and every employee and - depneding on what you sell/are able to sell - can be good or bad. In the location I worked at the customer was always pushing their employess to do their best and meet monthly quotas. Although this can be stressful at times, it also helps to make you reach your full potential, plus they are generally way easier on the new employees. I cannot speak 100% for the turnover rate as I was highered on a seasonal contract, however from the knowledge that I gained about the position, you simply need to show improvment over time and you will not be canned. The people here are amazing; very including and supportive, and there is no shortage of light-spirited workplace banter to keep the mood high. It is also a very including place and will accept you for who you are no matter who that is. The workpace can be fast at times but also slow at others as customers will come and go throughout the day. I have seen the store packed at times, and also completely dead. I definitely recommend it as it is a positive supportive work environment.
I worked at head office- Favoritism, and backstabbing this culture is toxic!! Office politics are running a muck- no collaboration- no management support. Retrospectively probably the worst two years of my life.
Did not like it because. They are always thinking of it’s own products selling. Never gives enough training to seasonal worker.
Not good place to work for seasonal because there is no enough hours or job guarantee.
But my manager was a doorknob. He spent working hours on his personal cell phone and would leave at 11am and show up at the end of his shift to clock out. Was stealing money from the company and when we reported it they said nothing. The store is gone now but other than the management I had, it was a great place to work, I enjoyed the customers, I enjoyed the work, it was great.
Progression pay for employees, not managers. Commission structure is good for hourly employees and benefits are not bad for managers.
Great as a first time manager position
Source have a good culture in there business and group is awesome.
Good communication skills from management to their Associates. You get recognized regularly with your Handwork and commission rate is awesome compare to any other retail store in Canada.

it was fun to work for the source, other than high load work they will teach you many good tips to learn business. on that time commission was the highest industry. minimum wage was $11 i would make easy $22
Overall I had a great experience, the people were great, and the boss was even better. Very understanding, and kind. Just didn't like the certain capitalism. There is a man whom works there that should be fired for being racist, and misogynistic, but still has his job because he brings lots in for the company. Thats is the biggest thing I don't like about the Source. If you can overlook that, then you should be fine. Overall great workplace, 8.5/10.
A typical day at work would be dealing with customers to help them learn more about our products and making sure we address their concerns. Great workplace culture with friendly staff.
Its pretty tedious for a retail job but you get used to it after a while. Kinda too competitive with the other stores in the lower mainland and it felt like you were under a microscope at times. Good training and usually nice customers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source. Our community is ready to answer.