The Source (Bell) Electronics Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical corporation
Assistant gérant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2018
Easy to be hired.

Have to lie your ars off to sell useless extended warranty to add some bonuses to the miserable salary.

Th sellers are competing each other and there is tension between them.

The manager and assistance manager are under a lot of stress for little more money than the sellers. Work late hours after the store closes.
Pros
No brainer
Cons
No prospects
Commission and competitive nature kept things interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 July 2018
Kept all of its employees trained, lots of earning potential, commission was great, management was relatively okay, can be a stressful job if you don’t thrive under pressure. Very sales-oriented. Over all a good job
I loved it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 July 2018
I was taught so much i loved working at the source. being at the head office gave me the strength to speak to anyone and get up and do anything. All the people i worked with were so great and made me feel welcome right away. And all the team leaders were just so easy to get along with. if i could go back i would

It's just a very open Space. Your aloud on your phone well working aslong as you are not on a call. which gave me freedom and i really did enjoy that Which is understandable if you are on the phone don't be on ur phone .
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, massage chairs
Cons
boring
boring and not busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB29 June 2018
the source does not engage in employees whatsoever. they focus on hups and nacs and seem to really struggle finding a balance with that structure of cell sales first. Maybe back to basics?
Pros
very easy
Cons
not good for your work ethic
Sans comentaire
Senior Sales Associate and services (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2018
Culture populaire sur le industrie électronique et gadgets fini après la faillite de la source by Circuit City
Pros
Tres popular sur le marche de gadgets
Cons
rotation de employees tres consecutive sans preparation
Good environment but got to do better with management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON30 May 2018
Employees are great and very helpful. Theres a lot to learn but its fun. and customers are friendly most of the time. I loved working for "The Source", but if you have kids, don't count on keeping your job unless you have a babysitter. I was let go before my 3 month probation was up thinking that my hours were okay from 9 to 3 only because i had to pick up my daughter from school around that time. Thats what i was told. Little did i know it wasn't, so they terminated me. There was lack of communication from the manager and now i had to suffer for it. But hey, if you're in school, they'll work with you. I guess school is more important than a child to the manager. Other then that "The Source" is great to work at.
Pros
Fun, employees are friendly and helpful, great learning experience, commissions are good, and friendly customers
Cons
Lack of leadership from manager, a lot to learn, need to communicate better, need to be more organized and cleaner
Decent job for anyone wanting to earn money fast.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2018
Working here has given me a lot of knowledge about the Customer Service industry in regards to being a Sales Associate. The money is great too, as you receive an hourly rate as well as commissions. Two things I did not enjoy were; the customers, as sometimes I would get customers who would become angry because they heard we sold Bell services, thinking they were going to be pressured or scammed into buying things they didn't want; and the management, as a store could be shut down at any moment without notice and with no job security.
Pros
Money, discounts, co-workers
Cons
Angry customers, management/corporate, lack of job security
Okay place to work if you need a paycheque.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2018
In my 4 months of working for this company I became exhausted. With lack of training for my first 2 months and poor management I didn't want to go. I learned about phone contracts when I moved locations which was awesome and makes good money. There is no at work/at home; This company holds a group chat and encourages employees to engage on it as much as possible.
Pros
Slow environment, Commission.
Cons
Management, Work/Life Balance.
It's a Retail store.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2018
The schedule is based on shift work, so you could be closing one day and opening the very next. Customers can be hard to handle but Co-Workers would usually be available to help. Management was easy enough to get along with and didnt expect anything overly demanding.
Pros
commision
Cons
varying shifts
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
The source is an amazing place to work the people are very kind and supportive. The days usually went by quick and you learn a lot form the managers and coworkers.
Pros
store discount
Great job but...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Enjoyed working with the other sales associates in the company. There were some unreasonable customers, but for the most part were great. Some perks included having outings after hitting sales quotas or being rewarded leafs/tfc/raptors tickets. Sometimes management could use work. Managers tend to over exercise their power on associates and threaten to let you go if you have a bad month.
Pros
Made friends even after quitting, gained great sales experience
Cons
Unreasonable hours if you are a student
Absolute garbage job
Former salesperson (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC28 March 2018
They want you to sell sell sell but don't give you any of the tools to do so absolutely horrible company to work for people who worked with me where awfull and the items they sold were almost all garbage horrible company I highly recommend never working for them
Pros
Free red shirts
Cons
Free red shirts high pressure sales
The Source is a strict sales company. Employees with higher sales get more hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
The Source has very strong sales expectations from its employees. Employees with higher sales get pretty much what ever hours they want, and workers with poor sales records are limited to the hours they receive. The money is decent due to the commission employees make based on their sales. There is room to grow, but one has to show strong interest in growth and has to prove themselves.
The job is lenient in terms of how the employees interact with one another and with the customers. Managers don't enforce a by the book interaction guide.
Fulfilling commission based sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON21 March 2018
Was a good place to learn and grow in the commission based sales world. Lots of opportunities to grow, lots of training, and a company that pays really well.
An enjoyable retail experience that promotes growth and development of skills
Sales Respresentitive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2018
The Source is an enjoyable place to work, with a progressive mindset focusing on a growing industry, offering a respectable commission and supportive staff granting genuine motivation for improving your skills. In an industry where change is the norm, The Source does it's best to stay on top of keeping employees up to date with the shifting landscape of technology, making sure staff are always knowledgeable. However this is also the major source of problems with The Source's business model; mandatory sales statistics requiring salesmen to push products and upgrades on customers, leading to a poor customer service experience for the sake of commission if not handled carefully. This also creates an unbalanced advancement system that favors people with the ability to sell over the ability to lead. To conclude, The Source is one of the better workplaces in the retail sector, but is not one in which to pursue a career unless your are seriously driven to sell.
Pros
Potential for growth, generous commissions, respectable training programs
Cons
High pressure, unstable hours, unusual priorities for advancement
The people you work with are the best part
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 February 2018
Job is okay, and the management is decent, but they are far too focused on cellphones. The source isn't consumer electronics anymore, its cellphones and accessories the way management sees it. far too focused on cellphones and email capture to be an overall enjoyable experience
Pros
Comission
Cons
Hyperfocus on cellphones to an annoying degree
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  High Level, AB12 January 2018
You really get to know everybody you work with resulting in a comfortable environment that fosters growth and a future for every employee involved, with opportunity not only to help the customer, but to help your fellow employee seek the vision laid out in order to benefit each party involved.
Pros
Benefits, Casual environment
Cons
Good place. Need better bullying standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON10 January 2018
I loved the job because it was laid back and as long as you completed your monthly goal you were set. Easy to talk to customers. However, I had a bad interaction which caused me to leave. Apparently, it takes two months to have something done about bullying. The manager is friends with the guys of the group who started the bullying. The dsm couldn’t do anything and left it to HR. I finally gave up and quit because I was not being subjected to that. This was the Simcoe store. If your a girl and overweight you better keep a look out because chances are it will happen again.
Pros
Good commissions, laid back, never alone
Cons
Bullying at the Simcoe location, the environment is hostile, HR takes too long to identify and resolve issues
Fun environment.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2017
Fun environment, you really are making a difference with your work contribution. There is a high work load and high accountability and when you are successful, there is little recognition for a job well done.
great compensation and benefits, if you like retail
Team Lead, Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, GY23 November 2017
great opportunity to make money, great training, Bell is the best company ive ever worked for. Full benefits. generous compensation for sales. just 2 thinbgs to remember...

1. you are not there to sell Consumer Electronics, you are there to sell Bell services

2. there are very rigid sales targets which must be met. they will provide you the education and assistance to sell, but if you consistently dont hit targets, you will be let go.

overall great job, opportunity for internal movement. i just hated retail.
Pros
great compensation and benefits.
Cons
retail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Source (Bell) Electronics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.