The Shopping Channel Employee Reviews

Awful working conditions but friendly staff
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2018
Awful working conditions but friendly staff (however, often incompetent and I got hit on inappropriate amounts by people much older and of a higher ranking than me)
Exciting work!
Television Presenter / Product specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
On air broadcasts are fun and engaging. Culture is a little scrambled and disorganized. They have made efforts to change this under new CEO and I have seen great improvements!
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Culture is family oriented, everyone is nice including supervisors and managers. You are treated with respect. I worked in the call Centre where turnover was very high due to low income.
Pros
Lots of free giveaways
Cons
Low pay
Great Company and Work Environment
Call Centre eCare Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2017
Fast paced workday taking customer orders, managing customer service issues such as order status, returns and refunds, modification/cancellation/exchanges, etc. Multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to defuse stressful situations is a must.
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
The Shopping Channel ensures a safe, productive, and fun working environment. They work with diverse populations in a fast paced-environment.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 June 2016
I learned their computer software. A typical work day was fast paced with about 80-100 inbound calls a day. Calls would range from taking customer orders to customers complaints about merchandise they had purchased. The hardest part of the job would be to keep track of how long you are on the phone with each customers, especially when dealing with a more difficult customer. I enjoyed working there, my manager was nice and helpful as well as my trainer.
fun and productive
material handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2016
Working with safety procedures.Handling of product with care. Learning how yo work within a specific or given time. Meeting kind friendly people.
The Shopping Channel is an interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2016
You will never be bored as every day is different. The people are great and there always something new to learn.
It's a very fast pace environment so you learn to multi-task quickly.
Great Company
Vendor, Guest, and Host Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2015
My time at The Shopping Channel was alot of fun and it allowed me to learn alot about the Broadcasting world. I was able to work with Merchandising, Vendors, Marketing, and Customer Service. My managers were always very supportive and they allowed me to work on Projects which I wanted to work on.
Customer service environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga21 October 2015
Good pay and benefits

Good support systems computer systems and also employee supported systems.

managers always walking around for support
Great place to work, good work/life balance.
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
Great family atmosphere. The hardest part of working there was leaving the amazing people that worked there. One of the best managers I have ever worked with.
Pros
Mutual respect between agents and management.
Cons
Not enough growth potential.
fun workplace
Customer Care Representative/Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
I have grown a lot at the shopping channel. I have learned new things that help me develop my skills and abilities. It is fun and I have a really good relationship with my workmates
Fast Paced environment
BUYER, Electronics, NHL, Coins and e-Commerce (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario25 August 2015
Fast paced and lots of exciting product. Delivering exclusive bundles and offers that reach Canadians across the country.
Pros
Rogers Benefits
Cons
long hours and on call
The potential to grow
Studio/Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2015
This organization seems to be in an transitional phase. I hope this company can work on their inefficiencies, and start improving the negative culture between departments.

I've been able to meet many people and learn many things while working here. Overall being here has been an amazing experience.
work enviroment
Order Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2015
Loved working at the Shopping Channel inbound calls inputting customer's information after ordering a product or clothes. Had to verify if they were paying by Visa, Master Card, American Express, COD, and Shipping options, FedEx , Purolator, ship to another address , if the customer was paying by easy payments or one payment. The co-workers were very helpful and easy to get along with which makes the job easier to do , and the management as well. The hardest part of the job was getting irate customers , the enjoyable part was speaking to satisfied customer . I learned how to deal with different types of calls each call was different, made me happy that the customer was happy and I was doing a good job.
Pros
incentives
Cons
not getting incentives
Fast paced Live television environment
Manager Staging, Showroom And Models (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontario16 March 2015
Each day was a new challenge.
Dealing with 18 hours of live television that was entertaining, yet informative to maintain sales, you had to learn that anything can happen and will happen.
Pros
Seeing new product to sell before anybody else
Cons
Friendly, Happy workplace enviourment.
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2015
Everyone was really friendly at work. They all help each other out to get the work done quickly and easily. Nobody points out any mistakes, somebody will cover up if another person has made any. People are really helpful and considerate, making sure nobody has the burden over themselves.
High pace enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On2 March 2015
I opened and closed the store. Managed the staff, customer service, ordering stock for the store, also worked the shipment and other duties as required.
Great people to work with...
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2014
A lot of good and bad things about working in a Call Centre.

Good: The people I worked with were great!
Bad: The customers that called in to complain.
Hardest part of the job: Keeping calls short.

It seems like turn over is really high, and I think there's a lot of different reasons why.
Pros
Comprehensive training
Cons
Disorganization
Great training program and opportunities for advancement
Customer Care Representative (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 November 2013
I enjoyed my time there though it was short.
Great training and support from management.