The Shoe Company Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
management is okay. the hours could be better. salary is low for management position. promotions are notified to the store in a very tight time line and needs to be changed which is a huge headache if we are less staffed for the day and it is busy.
Terrible culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON28 June 2018
Store Management and coworkers are fantastic. Treatment or customers and employees by upper management is terrible. High workload expectations for bare minimum staffing. Not enough labour hours provided to get tasks done and serve customers as head office desires. Not a lot of upward mobility or raises available, job is secure but hours are not
Cons
Poor discount, poor culture
Aweful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 June 2018
A district manager who really did not care and was completely fake and unprofessional. Manager that fabricated and never really took a stand with employees, she liked to talk behind associates backs, high school drama. They would still make it seem like you do absolutely nothing. no respect and appreciation.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Company breaks policies, upper management likes to micro manage, you will make the same wage a the rest of staff, some staff are childish and unprofessional
Great work place, good time schedules
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 June 2018
In a typical work day, I always have the opportunity to learn something new, its a great work atmosphere and the work schedule is alright can be better but it is good so far, the management is amazing everyone is polite and kind and fun to work with.
Pros
Free lunches, great team
Cons
short hours
Production while having fun
Customer service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2018
Log in, check the targets for the day, create desired goal. Learned the basic necessities for managing a store, but most came from my schooling. Management was inadequate in providing proper training. Modules that needed work was not provided after the first day. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles of satisfied customers and returning clients.
Pros
Took leadership role
Cons
Lack of guidence
Part-time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 June 2018
The shoe company is a lovely, fast pace job where you meet new people daily which helps make the longer shifts more interesting and fun filled. Cleaning the store after closing is a requirement but not at all difficult. They train you as a cashier, teach you how to place online orders for customers, and teach you many helpful tips on customer service. Working on the floor you assist customers with finding shoes as well as cleaning up the aisles, greeting customers and informing them about current sales. I truly enjoyed my time working at the Shoe Company.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Sometimes long shifts
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 June 2018
I enjoyed working with others and learned a lot about the workplace culture. This retail position helped improve my communication skills and I enjoyed the challenges that came along. It helped improve on all my skills overall.
Fun entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2018
Good job to introduce you to core retail skills. management is nice. great position to gain lots of experience in different roles like sales, cashier, stock etc
good job for youth
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
great work environment, solid coaching from management, good overall atmosphere, poor salary and benefits good job for a part time employee going to school.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
shift work
Constructive and healthy work environment with an awesome team.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 May 2018
At The Shoe Company, I learned a variety of life skills that I will apply in any job or career that I may experience. The team that welcomed me, and the team that we built over the time that I worked with the company was supportive, co-operative and exceptional.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
Understaffed.
horrible experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 May 2018
horrible district manager. manager had no backbone. could be the hardest worker and would still make it seem like you do absolutely nothing. no respect and appreciation. complain about your work but wouldn’t offer proper training. district and above fed on your fear. uncleanliness store, always looked like garbage.
benefits
Cons
management, unorganized
Fun working enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2018
Working environment is very friendly. Feel very comfortable to learn new staff and never hesitated to ask if I am not sure. Enjoying dealing with different types of customers. Feel bad if I cant find the thing client is looking for.
Pros
Management provides lunch or dinner if we achieved our goal
Cons
Don't have enough hours to work
worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 May 2018
overall management for this company does not care about their employees as well as they are very unprofessional. work is often left for associates to do by themselves while the manager is using work hours to complete personal errands. there is nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, unorganized, unprofessional
Very productive and fun work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 April 2018
Everyone at this job was very friendly and helpful. When you needed help with something they made sure to stop whatever it is that they were doing and help you out with what you needed. They taught me more people skills and how to react with customer service.
Pros
Very understanding
Cons
No cons, it was a normal workplace with expected hours that were given
Good company to work for if you are energetic and single.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 April 2018
Good company to work for if you are single, young and dont have any children. Room for advancement within the company if you are serious about growing with the company.Good incentives.
Pros
Good incentives, room for advancement
Cons
Shift hours are not suitable if you have kids and a family
Good first job
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Good first job. It was my first PT job and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I fit in. The location I worked at closed due to undisclosed reasons.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
I love the Shoe Company because it is fun to work there.I loved helping customers out, and if you love shoes that is the perfect place to work. also they have different type of shoes
lots of great people, poor management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 April 2018
Employees were great and hard working. but managers where bad making schedules and distributing responsibilities.
Nice work environment.
lots of job experience
Pros
Managers brought food and celebrated holidays
Cons
standing all day without being able to rest
it was a welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 March 2018
it was welcoming, nice co workers, organized sometimes ,barely any shifts, bad training , undetailed training , bad scheduling , bad shift times, no notice
Cons
no shifts
Boring but great place to get to know people
Sales Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 March 2018
a typical day at the shoe company was signing into day force and then getting started. I worked as a sales associate and cashier so I got to interact with many people and learned great communicative skills. I was often told to do stalk as we didn't have one at the time which I was not a big fan of and was not part of my job requirements. Where I worked the store was empty most of the time so I didn't get to do much which made the job boring.