The Shoe Company Employee Reviews

Good first job
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Good first job. It was my first PT job and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I fit in. The location I worked at closed due to undisclosed reasons.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
I love the Shoe Company because it is fun to work there.I loved helping customers out, and if you love shoes that is the perfect place to work. also they have different type of shoes
lots of great people, poor management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON4 April 2018
Employees were great and hard working. but managers where bad making schedules and distributing responsibilities.
Nice work environment.
lots of job experience
Pros
Managers brought food and celebrated holidays
Cons
standing all day without being able to rest
it was a welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 March 2018
it was welcoming, nice co workers, organized sometimes ,barely any shifts, bad training , undetailed training , bad scheduling , bad shift times, no notice
Cons
no shifts
Boring but great place to get to know people
Sales Associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 March 2018
a typical day at the shoe company was signing into day force and then getting started. I worked as a sales associate and cashier so I got to interact with many people and learned great communicative skills. I was often told to do stalk as we didn't have one at the time which I was not a big fan of and was not part of my job requirements. Where I worked the store was empty most of the time so I didn't get to do much which made the job boring.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 February 2018
The Shoe Company has an extremely friendly team, flexible hours and good management. It is a good place to work and provides opportunity for self growth.
A good place to work at but no incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
a typical work day consisted of signing in and helping re-organize/re-locate misplaced merchandise/missing merchandise. I learned about leather authenticity and was happy to assist customers choosing their right fit and style. the hardest part of the job was the management, the most enjoyable was tending to customer concerns/questions
Pros
employee discount
Casual environment with room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 February 2018
The shoe company is a good place to work, allowing room for advancement ank skill development. They offer regular trainings and always looking ways to inprove the work environment. I enjoyed that I could learn and use new skills, the team was always great to work with.
Pros
Learn and use multiple new skills.
Cons
Retail hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
They really gave back to their employees provided customer service was your top priority. Ensured your secret shopper reviews got good scores you were rewarded with bonus bucks. one dollar for every buck. It was nice to not have to pay for shoes and it was a great incentive to keep the employees motivated and wanting to do their job.
fun workplace with great and welcoming people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 January 2018
The Shoe Company is an amazing workplace. They are very welcoming and everyone becomes a family. You learn great work ethics and grow to become better.
Productive and fun to interact with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 December 2017
Helping out customers find the right shoe and answering their questions. Make sure the customer is happy and satisfied with the shoe they buy. Providing best service possible.
friendly enviornment
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2017
had an incredible time working there, great employees, good management, physical job, but very interactive and enjoyable. customers were friendly, and happy.
Pros
group lunches, made great friendships with employees
Cons
10.5 hour sundays
Great leadership and potential for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 September 2017
I learned the most that I had to learn about being an effective member of the management company with this company here. I had an amazing supervisor and manager who worked with me well to improve on my skillset. I was able to coach and managed my team members and meet the sales targets and expectations of the store. Great and fun environment to work in, and so many incentives and perks. Bonuses were easy to achieve in this high volume store..
Pros
Great incentives and bonuses!
Cons
None to mention
Very friendly and fast paced environment to work in
Perform Manager Duties (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
A very fun and welcoming place to work at and associates are very friendly with one another, everyone is treated and accepted as part of the group. Managers are very understanding and flexible with scheduling.
Doesn't pay well for amount of work expected to be done.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2017
Management doesn't protect employees, pays minimum wage but has a large workload, benefits are not worth it, rules are becoming stricter. Everyone takes their job too seriously for a shoe store, and are extremely greedily invested in sales.
Overall good place to work
Associate/ Visual/ Stock (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2017
Overall a good place to work. Management is accommodating and kind. They have a decent culture and reward their staff for doing a good job. Plus, everyone needs shoes, so you get rewarded with something you would have had to buy to begin with.
Employees not happy
customer service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 August 2017
The management here was very disrespectful, not caring or compassionate for anyone. They favoured specific employees and made it very well known that some employees do not fit into the "clique". Felt bullied as an employee.
a manager change would make it better
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
i enjoyed my experience with the customers and would recommend to someone looking for a casual job. When i was hired i said yes because i was told i would be getting 10-20 hours minimum. i worked there for 7 months and only once did i get a work week over 10 hours. the manager was not someone i felt comfortable with. When i explained my situation and how i needed the extra hours she explained that the store was not in a position to give me more than 5 a week, but then proceeded to hire more staff. Overall this company would have been a lot more enjoyable if my manager was not like this.
Pros
aside from head manager, good environment and people
Cons
to many employees, not enough hours
horrible work setting, bad attitude towards regular and part- time employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON17 July 2017
horrible attitude towards part-time and full-time employee's. Management was not understanding of the staff's needs and ignored multiple cries for improvement of the work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, horrible organization or the work setting.
horrible environment
Assistant senior manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
This is the worst job I have ever had. Zero practical training and no consistency in management and expectations. I would not recommend this company to anyone