The Shiseido Group

The Shiseido Group Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
I learned a lot from Shiseido, I obtain the strong customer service and sales skill from this job.
- Greet walk-in clients and call existing clients to promote company products

-perform make-up and facial

-identify client needs and satisfy clients

-meet sales goals
Great company to work for! I enjoyed working for this company as the BUXOM specialist it was a fantastic opportunity! I enjoyed the flexible schedule!
Excellent management, Excellent training
They will make sure you are trained on their services and the products,very happy to work for this company and I would highly recommend this company
I was hired and constantly had to ask my manager for my schedule, and never ended up receiving the gratis i was promised, after a while they just ghosted me and never emailed me again for my schedule.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good company. Would recommend it to anyone. No room for opportunity. great products on the market in all brands. Would highly recommend their products to anyone.
lots of opportunity for free products! nice people. many people have been there for a long time. location is not convenient; it;s not easy by transit.
Good job for students who are looking for summer jobs. Job position is very easy - just packaging beauty supplies for shipments. Roles include: labelling products, making boxes, opening boxes, packaging products.
Great company to work for great staff they help you in every way to get you to make your targets, they supply you with every thing you need and more. Good training on products they carry.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Shiseido is a good brand name product and it is getting well known and more exposed to women. Personally I love their product line and I would like to work again in this company. H
Pros
friendly stuff and profesional work environment
Cons
no extra bonus when you reached your target
Work-life balance needs improvement, the best part of this job was my co-workers everyone is very friendly and caring. I did learn a lot in this position with the help of many different individuals from the many different departments.
Pros
lots of celebrations e.g birthdays and just for doing a great job
Cons
Be prepared to do the same thing all day, possibly all week if there is a large order. Little variance in duties or responsibilities given. co workers are decent
Pros
Cons
boring repetitive work
love demoing for this line, flexible schedule and get to freelance for events for this line and very enjoyable. Good products, good management and very knowledgeable.
Pros
makeup and skincare
Cons
good hours but very part time
I am working with this company for the past four years. It's an amazing company to work with, love the educational schools, love the manager and still love and enjoying working with the whole team.
Pros
Freelance
Cons
Short hrs
Great company with wonderful ethics and in theory the position is fun. No two days are the same, you get to manage various retail accounts, and you're working in the beauty industry. In actuality it's a huge amount of work, my days are mostly 12 hour days. We get a decent amount of days off, but never get to take them because the work load doesn't stop.
The executive management team is not trustworthy and don't care about employee development. The worst is HR. If you go to HR to say something in confidence, before you even get back to your desk HR has reported it to your immediate manager.
There is blatant favoritism, and everyone sees it, but is afraid to speak up.

If you don't walk around with a smile and pretend that everything is great, you will be removed.
Pros
some free product, great peers
Cons
Terrible Management
Provides opportunity of growth and leadership development through training. I was exposed to various departments and was able to better understand company dynamics
the worst place i've ever worked for.
management is overworked and stays late EVERY night ...its expected you stay late too..if you don't you will never catch up with the work, every day more things get added. and you don't have a moment to breathe or to be trained properly so you don't have to constantly re do your work. that's a typical day. Re doing your work multiple times since no one can train you properly.

team work? what teamwork..managers do the work of coordinators and coordinators do the work of managers...people constantly go on sick leave...or just keep getting pregnant. not to mention they demote management too if they don't deliver.
Pros
free makeup, lots of free food
Cons
long hours, no teamwork, no proper training
when I help customers I enjoy, not only customer but also my co-workers.I try to have a good relation with my co-workers.
And I learned from my previous job that if I have problem in my job only share it with my manager.
典型的一天:清理柜台,补货和摆货, 卖货。
有一定的压力

学到了与人沟通的技巧

经理的管理人性化

最难的事情是与同事竞争客户

同事很友好

最有趣的事情:给客人介绍好的产品
I have been working at Shiseido since i was the legal age to do so it was a really good experience the staff,f co-workers and managers everyone's really nice and genuine I would recommend a lot of people to work here if they had the opportunity to.
During my shift I often met some people who only came in for their own brand. This didn't discourage me as when you approach someone with a "sample container" and not just the standard size they tend to come back and buy what you showed them. My co-workers were genuine and kind and we helped each other as a team. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home because I loved being there so much and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy you could make a man or woman if they just give you a moments of time.
Pros
beautiful products
Cons
not enough hours