The Salvation Army Employee Review

View all The Salvation Army reviews

Diverse atmosphere with colorful patrons
Sales Associate/Daily Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC4 October 2013
While being responsible primarily for Thrift Store Sales I was able to also interact with a variety of customers from myriad walks of life.
I learned a lot of patience and was exposed to situations that tested my inner strength. I have a lot of respect for my co-workers there and the strength it takes to work with the homeless, the needy and the mentally challenged. These people were both my favorite part of the job and also the most trying; Having to keep calm and in control when needing to respond to an emergency caused by a client used a lot of mental and physical energy but some of my volunteers could melt your heart by bringing you a flower and a handwritten note.

I was a PT Employee and didn't interact with management very often as I worked completely unsupervised during my time at The Salvation Army, except when we did the Kettles at Christmas.
Pros
Sundays off, Social Atmosphere, Variety of daily tasks
Cons
Stressful situations, Lack of hours

Other The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Great place
Cashier/clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 April 2018
Loved the people I worked with and for. Very challenging for a retail job mostly because of where it is located. But I loved it. Only reason I left was because I moved.
development for program
Youth development worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2018
helping the youth to find new tool. to help the youth have a successful future. its very important to help the youth with all the difficult issue they are facing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K