The Salvation Army
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

The Salvation Army Culture reviews

Clear

Found 325 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,533 reviews

For the most part, it was a good place to work

Most days, it was pretty fulfilling helping clients. There were days where it got pretty stressful. Management for the most part where there to support the staff.

Do Not Work Here

Management is terrible no one listens and everyone gossips, not trained properly, work culture is toxic, hi level stress job with very little pay, not worth the headache

Pros

Cons

the pay and stress

Fantastic staff

Other staff are great and dedicated. Long hours but satisfying work with challenging clients allowing them to grow and achieve their goals and aspirations.

Inaccurate job description.

Do not work for the Salvation Army. Very poor management, lack of opportunity, petty supervisor, negative work culture, terrible pay. No integrity. I was offered the job based on a project I was contracted to do, only to be told I was never hired for that reason. Manager does not know how to manage.

Pros

Perfect if you don’t want to think!

Cons

Terrible, petty supervisor.

Great experience

I was very satisfied working at Salvation Army. Everyone was supportive, kind and helpful. I felt valued and respected as an employee and I would highly recommend anyone to work there.

A learning and growing environment.

The people are amazing to work with. Always a team effort. Learning n growing every day. I am honored to support, encourage, and inspire the most vulnerable in their journey of self discovery.

Pros

Being of service to others

Cons

Vicarious trauma and burn out.

Environnement anxiogène et stressant

Milieu essentiellement occupe par des haïtiens, les employeurs (direction et supervision ) haïtiens eux même souhaite engager surtout des personnes issus de la même culture. Les horaires de travail ne sont pas clairs. Les employeurs cherchent a vous donner des heures de travail supplémentaires sans être payes.

Pros

Repas gratuit mais périmé

Cons

pause de 30 min pour manger, rythme extrêmement exténuant

Management not great

People in top tier, like Directors have been around for many years and have set biases and behaviour difficult to change. For some it is the only company they have worked for, ever. Their lack of drive has set the tone for the culture which is mostly frustrating for ambitious millennials and Gen X. It is not a company where you can grow or bring about change to processes or people behaviours. Either adapt to their slow, unproductive, incompetent and slacking-off, never changing culture or move.

Pros

From the outside, the grass looks greener

Cons

From the inside, it is rotten

Nice people there and helpful

Nice place to work at and help people out on Christmas. An they are nice people an they are helpful to and when you need help the people are there to and they are kind the stuff and friendly to .

Meaningful, Interesting Work

My experience was mostly good. I loved working with the clients and for the most part enjoyed being part of a team of people aiming to help people who were in great need of help.

Pros

Good opportunity to utilize skills, creativity and spirituality

Cons

Better communication between various teams members and departments required

Jobs at The Salvation Army

See more jobs

Toxic environment, overworked staff

Not a healthy organization to work for and definitely do not stand behind their Christian logo. They do not care about clients or staff and only care about money and politics. Management ignore issues and change policy accordingly and cover up for middle management who could not keep staff due to abuse of power, favoritism and inappropriate affairs with female shelter staff.

Cons

You need to have strong morals, and stick to them, or find another job.

Not a place you want to make a career out of. As a learning curve and to gain experience. Short term recommended. The politics will drive you crazy...If it's misery 24 7 you are looking for, it's day and night...

Ambiente di lavoro tranquillo

attenzione diretta al pubblico in quanto ha la gestione dell azienda totalmente di accordo alle loro politiche, la parte più difficile e quando non riesci a trovare quello che il cliente necessita, il meglio d questo lavoro e la gratitudine del cliente

Pros

ambiente di lavoro, lavoro in squadra ..

Cons

non ho trovato

Great place to work!

Amazing culture and sense of giving back to the community. Awesome leaders and customers. Need better procedures for constructive discipline of staff, especially long-term ones. Lots of bad habits and lack of coaching leads to difficulty in the workplace that could easily be resolved in handled properly. Overall a wonderful experience and such a gift to society.

Pros

great leadership training

Cons

Need more help to stay organized. Communication can be crossed at times.

Salary needs to be increased. It was a great experience and I would like to be re hired

I would love to be apart of the team again. I would like to be re hired, it was an awesome experience. The team was extremely organized and coordinated well

Pros

Excellent

Cons

Other

Fun to work with

Enjoy doing this through the holiday would love to work more with them they are a good help to the community and staff is very positive influence on you

Pros

Cons

Not eniugh

My work experience at Salvation Army.

Great work culture. I have a good experience working at Salvation army , but I regret that my work at Salvation Army had to end due to convid 19 crisis. Salvation Army is a charitable organization that help the need of the under privilege . Everyday at my work place with Salvation army I got to put a smile to someone face which gives me great satisfaction..

Fast-paced and toxic work environment

Fast-paced, a lot of duties that can be easily completed within a day. Learned to work under pressure and with a team. Management is unfair and do not take the best interest of their employees in mind. The work place culture is toxic at times and a lot of work place politics comes into play. The hardest part of the job is working with unmanageable residents and lazy staff. The most enjoyable part is working alone.

Pros

working alone

Cons

almost everything

Amazing management team, very appreciative of employees time and efforts.

Highly recommended, great environment to be creative. The availability of fresh vegetables, dairy products, meats, and fruit was truly a pleasure....and the appreciation of extra effort from management was a very positive aspect.

Pros

Management is extremely supportive and open to suggestions for improvement.

Cons

Very strong union presence...promotion was / could be difficult.

I thought it was a great place to work. I liked my coworkers, my manager, I liked the atmosphere & the hours. I would definitely recommend The Salvation Army as a great place to work to anyone.

Pros

Friendly environment, good pace job

Cons

I want everything I see...

Amazing place to work, if you're looking for part-time hours

It was crazy, fun, exciting, nerve wracking, and relaxing all at the same time! Some of the most genuine, loving people on earth work there, and I loved every second of it. I would recommend having another job working here however, as the pay was decent, and I found myself needing extra hours more and more. That could have just been me though.

Pros

Peaceful, accepting work environment.

Cons

Short Hours (6-4)

6.2K