The Salvation Army logo
The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Found 211 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,528 reviews

Relaxed but productive workplace with friendly management.

Very relaxed work environment, but tasks can become repetitive and boring at times. Store is usually pretty quiet inside, so most of the time you'll be stocking shelves, bagging clothes, and sweeping the floor towards the end of the day.

Pros

Nice people, not very challenging

Cons

Can be repetitive and boring

Great experience

I was very satisfied working at Salvation Army. Everyone was supportive, kind and helpful. I felt valued and respected as an employee and I would highly recommend anyone to work there.

They have an excellent Lunch Group.

I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering at The Salvation Army Food Bank Warehouse. I would recommend it to my friends, which I have, and I would and WILL continue to work there. The Lunch Group is always nice and friendly, as the staff is friendly. Overall, the atmosphere is calm, great, and welcoming.

Pros

Friendly People

Cons

Not open on Saturdays.

Layed back/responsible casual

Salvation Army is a great start off as a first job because of the multiple tasks you will be asked to do and or participate in. There is never a day when there is nothing to do because of the non stop shipments of donations. I am someone speaking from experience and loved it as one of my jobs. I would highly recommend this job to high school students because it looks great on your resume.

Kettle campaign and volunteer

Is a pretty good filler between jobs while not regularly working. And the regular staff are quite diverse and seem satisfied. The homeless are generally good but a few can cause problems.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Kinda nasty sometimes

Fun workplace

Everyone that works there was very nice. Everyone helped each other out. Flexible hours. You do what job is needed. I learned that helping other people out felt very good.

Fun volunteering with friendly people

It was on Sundays when I did this and I went with somebody to make it more enjoyable. The environment was welcoming and well kept. The head cook gave direction on cooking. When service came it was open for an hour and we cleaned and left.

Pros

Free lunch

fun work space

volunteering at salvation army is very interesting, I get to package food for the food bank and distributing it to people is interesting, I am happy I was able to put a smile on people's face.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short hour

It was good

It was fine and the overall experience there was very accepting. I would recommend that a friend go there and volunteer for the compulsory 40 hours. It was good

Volunteer work, sorting rations and assisting kitchen

Occasional volunteer work, sorting rations and assisting kitchen. Typically prepared food hampers and helped clean. Hardest part about it was probably heat. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Environment was comfortable and safe.

Jobs at The Salvation Army

Volunteer positions
See more jobs

productive and great staff

when i worked as a volunteer at the salvation army i never had any problems and i was always comfortable. the staff is great and respectful. the store is always kept clean

productive volunteer work

on going fast pace enjoyment of filling the needs and wishes of Calgary children around the holidays, creating happiness for the less fortunate children and families

It was great

Its a great place with great people i reccomend trying it out there they are very organized and give lots of hope and support to vulnerable people who are in need

Slow paced, easy tasks to accomplish.

Doing the volunteer work was very boring and felt like it took a very long time to finish shifts because of how slow it was, the task being told to do is very simple, greet people, ring a bell, and say thank you and wish the person a good evening/night, since I was the last person on the shift, I would have to put the kettle away and as well as leave the donations secure and wait for the person in charge of collecting the donations to arrive.

Perfect

Good environment for working and you gathering more knowledge of how to work with people of different ethnic groups. The most enjoyable part the job is self supervision.

Productive and fun place to work for staffs

Cooperative work friendly staff acceptance Effective communication among staffs Perfect arrangement of clothes and other store materials in order Cleaning and washing of donated items for display in the store

Amazing place

I enjoy volunteering.. Amazing people Helping the community Giving a helping hand, just giving back feels amazing and i can honestly say i truly enjoy it

great

great place I just volunteered just was an interesting and fun company. Learned some new things and made some friends. Definitely would recommend working or volunteering there.

Fun place

The place is full of caring people who look at the best in people. It is somewhere where friendships can be made and a lot of life lessons can be learned.

loving and fun

-excellent -learnt how to cook and how to prepare the food store -so loving -i enjoyed every moment in there -having interactions with homeless people

Easygoing and well managed

I did volunteer work so I don't have a review on work conditions and payments. I do believe however that those I met who work there seemed happy with their jobs and even had good things to say about it.

Pros

Meet new people

6.2K