The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews for Sorter

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,537 reviews

Recycling is creativity

A typical day at Salvation Army includes a fast-paced environment in selling merchandise while focusing on quality. In my whole 20 years of experience, I have learned that reinvention is key. You have to categorize quickly what we are displaying for the day. Creativity is essential and quick judgement is required. I was very sad to hear that my store was closing in February but I have been actively seeking job opportunities at this company. One of the most enjoyable part of the job was giving a second life to a second-hand item to someone.

Great place to work and volunteer

Enjoyed the interaction with the customers. Sorting was educational and rewarding. Never know what you would come across. The staff are great! Always on hand if you needed help.

Warm and homey feel

My day at work was spent sorting clothes according to colour code and removing designated apparel from the sales floor. The work was a tad repetitive, but working for a non-profit organization is always a good thing to do.

Pros

Sufficient lunch breaks

Cons

Repetitive tasks

Enjoyed the work

Working within this job, I truly enjoyed the people and staffing, yet management needed some work. The best part of this job was working for the community.

feels good to do for the community

The job was ok, but a lot of rules to keep track of, and they would change the rules without notice, or the rules would only apply to certain favorite employees.

working hard

I loved sorting out clothing and helping people fell good about them selves if they ask me if they look good I always would love to help them out

Pros

free lunch

Cons

nothing

Fun

I enjoyed working here there was always something new to see or do. There were lots of donations dropped off daily for us to sort thru and place on the floor for sale. I would also open and close the store entering final daily sales reports numbers and emailing them to head office.

productive and fun work place

i did this as a volunteer!! it was a very good experience for me! co-workers were all great and friendly and always there when i needed them!!

very good atmosphere

loved working with all those people. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Pros

got to see people face to face and find out what they were looking for.

Cons

I don't know there were any cons.

I loved being at the Salvation Army

I was a sorter for in coming donation. Hard line and soft line .Loved working with the staff there .I was lifting 30 to 50 lb boxes and bags and it was a fast pace .We were shipping to over sea .Hardest part of the job was that I was not getting a pay check it was a volunteer and put in 25 to 40 hours a week .

Pros

the people i worked with .

Cons

no income .

Jobs at The Salvation Army