The Salvation Army logo
The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews for Janitor

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,527 reviews

It really was a fun place to work

it was a decent place to work ( houskeeping) Little bit of drama for the long term staff but over all it was alright the only problem was when I caught bed bugs the company could not help me (pay) for pest control so I had to quit and thank God I did soon my whole family has been tortured infested with bed bugs. If they wanted to keep the staff they should help them when they catch bed bugs from there facilities. I will never ever work at any shelter ever again I tried my best to prevent it and it still happened

Pros

free lunchs pay went up fast

Cons

bed bugs roaches bugs you never seen DRUGS smells

Awesome place to work with awesome people!

This is a nice place to work. The staff and volunteers are great! The work varies day to day so it's never a boring day at work! This is a front line and neccessary service.

Not too bad a place of work, it could have been better.

A dusty place to work around. A mixed feeling when it comes to co-workers.Salvation Army is a good Institution as we all know, however it could do more by training its management staff.

Good place to work, the hardest part for me was the physical labor of the job as I sustained an injury. The benefits were working with the people there, who eventually became my friends.

Productive and fun place to work.

A typical day at work involves having a positive attitude and a kind heart. I learned to be patient and understanding and compassionate towards others and not to be judgmental. The hardest part of the job is to always remain positive when negative things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to see others smile and make people happy as much as I possibly can.

Pros

Living life to the fullest.

Cons

Bad weather or gloomy weather days.

Caring workplace

A typical day is I clean the dining hall, kitchen, food bank, work on some things during downtime, then clean all of downstairs. I also help as needed.

a work shop that has kind people, pool table.

the staff are kind. the work is packaging for different companies. the management are kind. talk to you with respect. i have learned to work with the buffing machine to make the floor shine and to strip wax of tthe floor and reaply wax. I enjoy buffing the floors and wax the floor.

Pros

makign new friends and laughing and talking.

ITS real fun working with the salvation Army with Seniors . Enjoy it . but i have to move on . Thanks ? Doing mopping dusting make the beds up . Empty garbagge

not good

I am not impressed with the new captain and wife running the Salvation Army in Williams Lake. I did enjoy meeting all the new people and seeing them smile most of the time

Pros

meet people

Cons

not enough hours

Working with Transgender people was amazing

Everything was superb at salvation Army because it was my first job in Canada.

Pros

Insults from clients.

Cons

Good management

Jobs at The Salvation Army