The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,537 reviews

Fun work place in the beginning!

Booth has changed management so many times with so many different working styles, found it to be stressful, inconsistent, slave drivers, no work life balance.

Pros

Free lunches only during training sessions internally.

Cons

Management now very opinionated and don’t listen to staff for input regarding program.

Great place to learn and Grow

I loved this job and would have stayed forever, the only drawback was having the feeling that you would not be able to advance within the agency. Also, there is no real model of harm reduction and in this job the agency should (due to the population in which they serve) have a model of harm reduction. Overall a great place to work and I would recommend it.

Look Elsewhere

Hamilton Locations: Management are a nightmare, unprofessional & unethical (ESPECIALLY HR), staff are often overworked, clients are great but rarely come first - despite what they try to promote. Pay is decent enough - with benefits - Favouritism is rampant, managers are burnt out - and Head office is terrible. Ask yourself - Why is this position ALWAYS AVAILABLE?? Simply put - turn around is high for a reason.

Pros

At least they offer benefits?

Cons

HR Dept

Case Manager

When I started it was a great opportunity to provide service that was needed within our city. After awhile cut backs to services limited me to provide the services the clients needed and I felt the job was not for me anymore.

Pros

hours

Cons

too much change

fun and stress free

relaxed atmosphere and management that is understanding and are respectful. Very flexible hours. It is profession / friendly atmosphere. we operate under the housing first module.

Pros

bus pass for community out reach

Cons

n/a

It Is an excellent place to work

My co-workers are friendly and are always willing to help whenever possible, regardless of department. It is a Christian organization and the general camaraderie between workmates is apparent. The Management is amicable and approachable - It is apparent that they have the best interests of the employees at heart. finding creative ways to case plan and assist the clients move forward, with their cooperation and active participation. The hardest part is working with non-compliant clients who refuse to move forward and take ownership of their lives.

Pros

flexible part time hours

Cons

High turnover rates - youth in supervisory positions

Jobs at The Salvation Army