The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,553 reviews

Fun place to work with great people

Everyone is great to work with. Clients are wonderful. Pay could have been higher considering the responsibility. Organization was not great. overall i had a good experience working there

Super fantastic

super fantastic Kind loving respect staff Easy work Professional Volunteer Job help support Resume. Research Support Other services community Information

I have worked with the Salvation Army in a variety of positions and have loved every job I have been assigned.

The Salvation Army is dedicated to helping anyone in need. Throughout the years they have supported my family in a variety of ways. I overall recommend offering your time to help them out.

Fun and engaging place to work

I worked for Community Venture for 4 years and they treated me very well. The working environment is engaging and the staff are overall friendly. I would highly recommend this as an entry level job for those looking to get into the social services.

Pros

Short working day, fun outdoor summer activities, good benefits, good management

Cons

entry level pay

It can be a fun place to work!

Back when I was interviewed in 2008, it was a fun place to work, now its more stressful... Still a great place to work. I recommend anyone to give it a try :)

Supportive management, but awfull strefull violent clientele

Salvation army provides social services, The company tries to do its best with the employees, But there is a huge rotation rate because the clientele of the Salvation Army booth centre are extremely rude, violent and unpolite. ( huge percentage of the clientele are drug users, or homeless )

Very helpful people

I was very happy, but my jpb was only for the Christmas season! =( Easy work but need to be very fast and very oriented to details I ll Will like to be permanet there!

Rewarding

The Salvation Army trains and prepares you through certifications that make you feel appreciated. The culture of the work place I just didn't fit into. The staff is wonderful.

Not a good work environment

Management just sits in the office talking or on facebook, they also take naps in the back on shift. While working here I got punched in the face at the back doors, I wouldn’t recommend working here.

Pros

Store discount

Cons

Lazy managers

Great Job, but Watch Who You Work For

I loved my job atThe Salvation Army. It was an unfortunate event that caused me to transfer stores and then later quit. Under my experience, HR did nothing to really help me. They just transferred me to another store in hopes that I would be quiet about what happened to me. I loved my job but unfortunately, my Assistant Manager was a bad man. If you get a good team and good management, I think working here is great. They have paid sick time, guaranteed vacation time, and flexible hours. You do not really ever have the opportunity to move up in your store. I worked at two different locations for a year each and neither of them gave me the opportunity to advance. There are pros and cons.

Jobs at The Salvation Army

in Winnipeg, MB
See more jobs

Excellent place to work at

I worked there as a volunteer, Salvation Army Thrift Store, 2-2195 Pembina, Winnipeg, MB R3T 5S9 (October 2015 – June 2016 • Responsible for sorting out retail merchandise. • Assisted customers if they had any inquiries. • Provided a comfortable atmosphere by greeting everyone in a courteous and friendly manner.

Pros

A non-stress work atmosphere

Cons

nothing

Working as a toy shop guide

Help customers, learn custome service. Fun!!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Cramped space to work

Excellent job staff and workplace

I took care of older persons with physical and mental challenges. It gave me the opportunity to learn how rewarding is working with them. They were so happy when found a place to do some work and when participatating in outdoors activities and engaging in the communitiy. The hardest part of the job was lifting members. It is for fit and strong individuals.

Pros

amazing work team

Cons

physical demanding

a day at the salvation army

its a great plcae to volunteer and help people.A typical day at work would be to help kids. I learned how to cope with my skills and bend around the rules to make things work. the hardest part of the job was to find where to put the things. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with my co-workers.

Pros

great people

Cons

i was volunteering didnt get payed

Toxic work environment

Petty management and incompetent HR. Silly rules set in place by management. If you follow the rules and a client complains you are in trouble. If you don’t follow the rules you are still in trouble. Can’t win. However the employees who routinely steal, cross boundaries with clients, and do drugs at work/buy and sell to clients are kept in their positions with little to no consequences. Manager is a creep who puts audio recording in areas where employees are to listen to private conversations.

Productive and fun workplace

I learned different techniques of proper handling of food, organizing, and taking care of the young ones including the mentally ill. A welcoming place from people from all backgrounds

Pros

free lunch and snacks. Field trips and fun activities

Productive and enjoyable workplace

Co-workers are fun and understanding I learned proper ways to care for a child and signs mistreatment as well as how to deal with the mentally ill children People of all backgrounds are welcome.

Pros

free lunches and snacks

Caring company

I did volunteer work and was pleased to help. I was never pressured to do more than I could. I took my young babies along with me. They were well organized.

Pros

You were appreciated

Cons

Non

good place to work

a good place to work, fun staff and helpful managers. demanding but rewarding work, get to interact with many different types of people on a daily basis.

Fun

I loved volunteering here, the job simply involves preparing and serving hot and cold drinks, and talking to customers. Usually the customers are kind but there are the odd few that aren't so much.

Fun work place! Well managed

Well managed place! Very kind co workers! Good benefits. I love the idea that you can get 50% off at all locations! You could also get a seniors discount if your over 60!

Pros

Half hour lunch! 50% discount at all locations!

Cons

Sometime the days can go by slow

6.2K
3.8K
2.6K
1.1K

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare The Salvation Army with

• The Salvation Army
  • Winnipeg, MB
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?