The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,530 reviews

Quit place

Fairy quit place to work. You don't have a lot of client interaction and staff seem to be against each other there. Car clients are wonderful to deal with

Pros

Clean

Cons

Managment

It is a fun place to work.

I thoroughly enjoy my position but there is no opportunity to advance.it is an opportunity to help individuals less fortunate than others and to help the women and children build healthy habits and relationships.

was a fun work place and the boss was awesome

clean cabin bathrooms and pick up trash how to use some power tools management was awesome was a fun workplace culture working in the heat working with a awesome team

Pros

Awesome boss

Cons

working out in the sun

Assist and advise clients with needs

This is a homeless shelter for women and children, as a worker i assisted with helping the women find housing and advised of other services available to their needs for themselves and their children. Some of the clients have mental health issues that are not addressed and this made the work difficult at times. The management was good, but its hard to really understand the high demands of this job when you haven't worked in this type of environment, to possible open more facilities like this that are in high demand. The hardest part of this job was when the clients were repeat clients, month after month. The most enjoyable part of this job was when families found good homes and were stable and came back to thank us for the help we provided to them.

Pros

free food

Cons

unstable, difficult clients

good.

I knew how the salvation army thrift store was working. I knew how to operate forklift and big machines, I knew the streets of saskatoon very well when I was working there.

Interesting

This was a great job until management made questionable changes. But its a job that really makes you feel good about things. You get yo help the homeless and try and make someones day a little better.

Pros

Good benifits

Cons

No comment

It was place to work at.

I learned a lot from associating with the seniors. The co-workers and volunteers are nice and friendly. The best part was helping the seniors with their activities.

N/a

The co-workers were friendly as well as the fellow volunteers. I learnt how to sort and organize clothes. The management are cooperative. The co-workers are nice. Getting to meet new people.

Cons

t

Mundane, unfriendly and unrewarding

Although I do like customrer service the Salvation Army was mundane and boring. A typical day consisted of sorting clothes, stocking the racks and shelves and assisting customers. I was able to enhance my customer service skills. The management team was unfriendly, rude and disrespectful. My co-workers varied from being very nice to being rude and obnoxious. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the unpleasant social environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers.

Pros

Pay check

Cons

Unfriendly, mundane

Work as a store associate helping people

I learned a lot of things at work like tagging, sorting,hanging,managing and rackout etc. The managment was very kind.I did not feel any thing hard. The most enjoyable part was helping the people.

Jobs at The Salvation Army