The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Oshawa, ON

Oshawa, ON13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,070 reviews
armydonationvolunteerthriftkettlesortinghomelesscommunity

Most of the time it was workable but thge major problem was the lack of ontgrity of the management and employees.

You have to do your job ignoring the top management or they will tear you apart, lack of honesty and integrity is very evident. Hours are good and so is the benefits

salvation army

being a former kettle operator , i was blessed to have been a part of a on going organization that continuities to reach the unfortunate. i enjoyed being a part of salvation army and you are as well when you donate.

Insights into The Salvation Army

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

co-op for school

I really like it there, a lot of nice people there and i would love to talk to my friends and family there to try to work there. I would love to work there again.

Productive Organization

Am working at Salvation Army Thrift Store as a volunteer, I always make sure I concentrate and achieve on the tasks given to me while on duty. I learnt about client service, strategic thinking on sorting stocks, and the management administration of Salvation Army are awesome and are effective on planning to meet the organization goals. The organization is a friendly atmosphere where one can easily learn and assimilate fast on a tasks assigned. I love my job because everyone works as a team and our aims and objectives is achieved

Pros

Free lunch

Good Place to Work Seasonal for Christmas 6 weeks.

Great People to work for. I love the hours I get to & I like working extra shifts too. The Store Managers are great too. The Person that I take over from or Relieves me is on time. I will stay if someone doesn't show up.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Hours Vary

A place worth returning to.

A good establishment, the staff are very nice and welcoming people. Also for a store that has a lot of handed in items the staff make it look very clean and very organized.

people are nice and understanding, resoniable

worker is a volunteer (most likely), so there is no specific time to show up or leave you just do the amount of hours as you like task are simple and easy, they can be finished vary quickly.

Meet lots of People

Set up my Station to Collect Money for Christmas. How to Communicate with People. Excellent Managers. Great work Culture. Standing on your feet a lot. Having Sundays off.

enjoyable and fun loving work place

i love working with the salvation army it is a really aswome. i look forward to doing it every year. the hardest party of working with salvation army is getting to the locations in the snow. the most of the enjoyable part of the job is seeing the other co-workers and standing their and getting to see the costomers that donate money

Pros

the pay

Cons

bad weather

Fun in the workplace

On a typical day I would teach arts and crafts along with bible stories to children of all ages. I learned how to discipline people differently because everyone has a different mental capacity and it was about finding that balance Played games with all children on a daily basis

Pros

I got to be a kid all day at work

Cons

Challenging to deal with some children on a day to day basis

very insprational

my job there was for a placement throught the college i went to it was very enlightening,, inspirational and informative.

Kettle worker

I would go in & start my Shift it could be mornings, afternoons or evenings. Be Polite to customers & the workers you work with. Great People. They are great co-workers. Keeping an Eye on the Donation Kettle. When I start & when its time to go home.

Pros

appreciation from boss

Cons

hours are great

excelent

i had a real time and very enjoyable working for the Salvation Army. it is a company that i will work for without question. Management was more that excellent with me during my work hours. My co-worker were a pleasure to work with, and my most enjoyable part of the job was the customer and the interact with them every day.

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement