The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Newmarket, ON

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,549 reviews

Serves the Community Well

Salvation Army is a good charity and provides a lot of support to individuals in our local community. However, there are few advancement opportunities, no pay increases and very tough working conditions.

Left very unhappy

In the beginning I was suppose to excited about working for this organization, I wish they gave there staff more support and a better wage. Staff work with a diverse population with complex diagnosis.

I work with a bunch of very nice people.

It is a fast paced environment, we're busy all day long. I get to work with a bunch of nice people. I also get to meet alot of nice people. No two days are ever the same. New experiences every day.. Always a new challenge.

Fun

It was a good experience, workers are very nice and open to teaching new volunteers or employees how to carry out certain tasks. Overall positive work environment

Fun workplace, met a lot of great people.

Waitressing at the Salvation Army Conference Centre was a great experience overall. I met a lot of great people including the groups that came in as well as my co workers. The hardest part of the job at times was trying to balance a life outside of work during the busy months. The best part of the job was the people, the work atmosphere and helping people everyday and making their experience there as enjoyable as possible.

Unenjoyable

Not a very clean place to be working at, I personally didn't enjoy it during my volunteer time there. The only upsides is that the company is very understanding during hard times

Pros

Great job experiaee

Cons

Not clean

clean work space

very nice new building, great place to start your social work career. good staff and a great daily plan for clients to get back on there feet and start a new.

Jobs at The Salvation Army