The Salvation Army logo
The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,526 reviews

Recycling is creativity

A typical day at Salvation Army includes a fast-paced environment in selling merchandise while focusing on quality. In my whole 20 years of experience, I have learned that reinvention is key. You have to categorize quickly what we are displaying for the day. Creativity is essential and quick judgement is required. I was very sad to hear that my store was closing in February but I have been actively seeking job opportunities at this company. One of the most enjoyable part of the job was giving a second life to a second-hand item to someone.

Environnement anxiogène et stressant

Milieu essentiellement occupe par des haïtiens, les employeurs (direction et supervision ) haïtiens eux même souhaite engager surtout des personnes issus de la même culture. Les horaires de travail ne sont pas clairs. Les employeurs cherchent a vous donner des heures de travail supplémentaires sans être payes.

Pros

Repas gratuit mais périmé

Cons

pause de 30 min pour manger, rythme extrêmement exténuant

Ambiente di lavoro tranquillo

attenzione diretta al pubblico in quanto ha la gestione dell azienda totalmente di accordo alle loro politiche, la parte più difficile e quando non riesci a trovare quello che il cliente necessita, il meglio d questo lavoro e la gratitudine del cliente

Pros

ambiente di lavoro, lavoro in squadra ..

Cons

non ho trovato

worst place

Horrible atmosphere. Bullying by long term employees towards newer ones. Management does not intervene. Exploitation of workers. Poor management. Prices are way too high.

The Worst Place Ever!

Do not work for this company. Associates are treated horribly by the older employees and management has no support with dealing with the issues in the store.

Its good

It was not a job for me. So i quit and look for a new job and found macdonal and i found out i like working with food. Salvation army was a good work.

professional environment

I enjoyed working for this company , i like thrift stores very much so working at one was really cool. I had no problems and it was always a pleasure coming into work every time.

Decent but poor management

A typical day for me involved managing the cash register and arranging clothes. I enjoyed speaking with the clients and meeting different kinds of personalities. However, the management was quite poor, often putting the customer above protecting its own employees.

Move On Quickly

The job is fine for a few months (MAX a year) before the toxic job culture begins to take its toll. People gossip and backbite day and night. There's a lot of catty behavior that is left unchecked by both management and staff alike. For students who want a steady job that works around their school schedule, this is a great job. However, move on quickly to prevent the inevitable stress and extreme negative energy that isn't worth it. You can only expect to advance if you find favor with management. And even then it is extremely limited. Overall, great for a couple months but move on when you find something better.

Pros

Flexible hours, steady

Cons

Negative environment, No advancement opportunities

fun place to work

A lot of organizing, but other than that everyone is cool. One thing I dislike is the place itself. The place is so duty with too much dust. No major sweeping is ever made. Every day is dusty. We could get sick one day.

Pros

nice people

Cons

dusty

Jobs at The Salvation Army

in Montréal, QC
See more jobs

great carrer base for people who wish to be in costomer service

A day at work is to prepare the daily task ,due to working with donations ,employees ,volunteers and community workers as well as guest\customers. I have learned to be patient ,working for and being around the less fortunate, i was an auctioneer as well, as many problem solving solver for issues within the store witch as kept me humble/modest the hardest part of the job was the salary was making 29000/year witch was not sufficient or equivalent to the daily workload on feet 9hours a day ,many lifting of items more than 45lbs, Most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in someones filling a new home with furniture ,giving back to the community 93% of profit,helping new immigrants, fire victims, battered woman has really helped me appreciate life

Pros

genuine smiles from guest, great leaders, great benefits, sence of accomplishments

Cons

low salary, high dangerous variable costumer issues

Unsteady hours

This work environment was dysfunctional at best, and the hours were not always consistent with what was promised. Not being paid for overtime also seemed to be a huge issue while working for this company.

¨Salvation du Army¨

A Typical day at work, I learned sorted articles and clothing, pt clothes ion hangers, to do the distribution of clothes on store floor, served customers....etc The environment with my coworkers was so friendly, and Servicial....etc The hardest part of the job, were to work long hours in produccion, separating clothes,bad of the new,...etc the most enjoyable part of the job is serve to the customers.

Pros

free lunch

agreable

très satisfait de mon passage. des collaborateurs très impliqués. un projet qui interpelle tout le monde

Pros

oui

Productive and fun

The sort of place you can't wait to get there, and you can't help to feel great at the end of your shift just because you made positive contribution to someone's life. I learnt some thing new every time I was there some from clients others from co/workers and management. The hardest part of the job is to be exposed to the cruelty of ageing or the physical, mental and emotional suffering that they battle bravely in daily bases and the only thing I offer is admiration empathy, and worms. The most enjoyable part of job is when I put smile on client's face.

6.2K