The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Medicine Hat, AB

Medicine Hat, AB6 reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,077 reviews
armydonationvolunteerthriftkettlesortinghomelesscommunity

Great place to be, hours are very accommodating

I loved working for the Army...I met great people and made long-lasting relationships. Being able to play with donations everyday was an amazing experience. Manager needs to be retrained on compassion, and fairness.

Toxic environment, overworked staff

Not a healthy organization to work for and definitely do not stand behind their Christian logo. They do not care about clients or staff and only care about money and politics. Management ignore issues and change policy accordingly and cover up for middle management who could not keep staff due to abuse of power, favoritism and inappropriate affairs with female shelter staff.

Insights into The Salvation Army

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work and volunteer

Enjoyed the interaction with the customers. Sorting was educational and rewarding. Never know what you would come across. The staff are great! Always on hand if you needed help.

Its a good store

Its a good store, really great, like so great I don't think I need to put anything for this review since one, no one cares, and two, I didnt work there i volunteered. 6 months Ill never get back lol

Hard work with no acknowledgement for it.

Working alone a good part of my shift. Unfortunately the amount of work needed to be completed daily was next to impossible to complete. Work conditions were not ideal for anyone. Freezing cold in the winter, extremely hot in the summer. Heavy lifting, searching for items for customers.

Pros

Worked alone

Cons

Short hours, too much work for short period of time.

Hard work for little

Work at the Centre of Hope was decent. Unfortunately, you don't get paid enough. You work 12 hour shifts. You have ZERO support there. The manager shouldn't be the manager as he has other people in his ear and believes what he wants to believe. The hardest part about the job was one coworker in particular. Not good to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job was 1) helping people and 2) a few of my coworkers. I learned that regardless of how well you do your job, one person can ruin everything, especially when the manager (seems to be) spineless.

Pros

only work 7 out of 14 days

Cons

long hours, little pay, no support, bad management

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement