The Salvation Army
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in London, ON

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,550 reviews

Learning opportunity for recently graduated in SSW/SW

It is an opportunity to entry the company and learn the organization dynamics. My goal is to gain experience and apply as an internal candidate to other positions.

Pros

Hours guaranteed, stable

Cons

aggressive clients

Great team

Working at the Salvation Army was very rewarding because what I did made a difference in the lives of those less fortunate than me. The team I supported was great to work with. We had good camraderie and were a cohesive team.

Loved my job

I enjoyed working with the staff and clients at the Centre of Hope. The Managers always made sure you felt heard and secure in your job. The clients are the typical street population. Centre of Hope"s focus remains on the safety of the clients while helping the population it serves.

Nice place to work

Nice balance life and work. Nice hours, 3 week vacation to start growing up to 6 weeks. Friendly staff and management. Easy access, good location, free parking.

Great Place to work

Salary was not great for a family but it was a great stepping stone for me. The people were fabulous to work with. I would recommend applying to any jobs offered. They do have great benefits.

Work life balance

Best place to work. Very flexible supervisor. Supportive coworkers. Good place for volunteering. Work life balance. I would recommend this place for anyone who want to explore themself.

Amazing place

I loved going in every day and working with the staff. I would recommend this place to everyone. The staff and clients are all amazing. I would love to go back for full time employment now that my placement is over. Keep doing great and amazing work

Good place to work, the hardest part for me was the physical labor of the job as I sustained an injury. The benefits were working with the people there, who eventually became my friends.

Great work environment

The office is very active with many church members/volunteers coming and going. Must be able to work with and for the various volunteers on many levels. Usually time driven tasks. The work environment if casual but professional. The administrative assistant is the representative of The Salvation Army as a international organization. You may be their only contact! It is very fulfilling!

Great

good place to work at. people are very sweet and giving. you can learn a lot of life skills there and open up many avenues for someone who wants to learn .

Jobs at The Salvation Army

in London, ON
See more jobs

My enjoyment as an Addiction Counsellor

I very much enjoy my career choice as an Addiction Counsellor. It has given me the opportunity to share and provide a healthier and productive life for those I have supported. There is a drastic challenge within addictions and mental health, one is putting down your "drug of choice", more challenging is the "life-style"changes that need to be addressed. Unfortunately, there continues to be limited resources- mental health care, suitable housing, withdrawal management supports ( residential or in-home) and a lack of understanding from family,friends and community. A "typical" day at work included supporting those in acute-withdrawals and those seeking treatment for their substance abuse. It involved close monitoring, ensuring appointments and phone calls were addressed in a timely fashion. It also required appropriate advocating and that "client centered" needs were acknowledged . It encompassed one-on-one counselling, adequate nutrition, psycho-educational and recreational sessions as well as an opportunity to engage in physical and volunteer experiences. My most enjoyable experiences as an Addiction Counselor is being invited to ones First Year celebration in sobriety, My most challenging is attending a funeral.

Pros

enjoyed supporting those who were actively reaching out for support.

Cons

staff nonsense and extremely poor management

Productive and fun place to work

serve coffee and snack how to do daily range of motion exercises management we great staff was welcoming and made you and the clients comfortable when my placement was done interacting with the staff and clients

Pros

fun activities

Cons

my placement ended

loved it here

the staff and participants were fantastic, they were so welcoming and loving. all the programs there are reasonably priced and have so many differrnent things to indugle in!

Nice place to work

A nice place to work where you learn the value of life as well as importance of other people. the people who work over there are rally nice ad supportive and they try to get the best out of you

Giving back environment

Cooking meals for 30 plus people and children. Been a part of something that means so much for people that most of us all take for granite. Working at the nursery, was a job that I wished was permanent.

hey try your best

great place to work staff is great i dont know what to say other than i really enjoy working their i just need more hours to provide for my family they are really trying to help out the community

Pros

helping others

Cons

some staff are moody

You get to meet a lot of new people in a fast-paced environment. The people you serve are very kind and wonderful people. You meet a lot of nice volunteers.

fulfilling job. no benifits

No benefits unless full-time. Only 3 full time positions exist and they are all permanently filled. the job itself is wonderful and fulfilling. management could improve ten fold

Child care worker

Lovely wonderful organization. I needed to relocate as I was in a car accident. I love the staff and knowledge I obtained there. Very hands on place however great experience.

Pros

Clean nice place

Cons

No room for advancement

Great Experience

Was A wonderful place to feel you were making a difference. Just wish that you had a chance to try different stations instead of just sorting cloths. Unless you were friends with Management you stayed in one place and didn't get to rotate any where.

Positive place to work!

The Salvation Army is a great place to work. Everyday I am challenged with new tasks and learning opportunities. I truly feel that I am making a difference and helping people around me.

6.2K