The Salvation Army logo
Happiness score is 68 out of 100Average

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Langley, BC

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,526 reviews

You'll learn a lot

A great place to get a start in homelessness services. Lots of training provided, and you gain experience quickly, so it can be a great stepping stone. Management is at times very supportive, and at other times you really have to advocate for yourself if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Overall they really care about people.

Pros

Lots of paid training if you want it, one free meal per shift.

Cons

Not a lot of room to move up within the company.

Fun volunteering with friendly people

It was on Sundays when I did this and I went with somebody to make it more enjoyable. The environment was welcoming and well kept. The head cook gave direction on cooking. When service came it was open for an hour and we cleaned and left.

Pros

Free lunch

Productive place

It was a great place to work at. I was able to do alot of different roles within the kitchen such as a server, prep cook, dishwasher and actually making the food beside the main chef. I had learned many things about how kitchens are run by and were taught various lessons from the staff there in order to maintain the tidiness of the place that I was at.

Good culture and people

Fun to work, very good culture and spirit but it is not a place to make money. For some people it is a life changing environment. Many volunteers work here and all employees encouraged to volunteer.

Pros

lots of good stuff to learn

Cons

underpaid

fun volunteer experience

working at salvation army was a great experience. it was my first volunteer position where I learnt to communicate, and be aware of my surroundings. it was an opportunity where I felt like I was doing something right, and it made me feel good,

More opportunity to learn new things.

Production and sales target, Team work, Responsibility, daily sales report, key responsibility, Management is quite understanding and good. The CO-WORKERS are fun ,understanding, and knowledgeable. The work is really not that much hard. Busy days with lots off customers.

Jobs at The Salvation Army