The Salvation Army logo
The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 44 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,528 reviews

My work experience at Salvation Army.

Great work culture. I have a good experience working at Salvation army , but I regret that my work at Salvation Army had to end due to convid 19 crisis. Salvation Army is a charitable organization that help the need of the under privilege . Everyday at my work place with Salvation army I got to put a smile to someone face which gives me great satisfaction..

Worst experience ever

During my interview they made it seem like it was a great place to work, didn't include any of the security issues within the company. They overwork all Frontline staff, they undermine, very critical and never listen to staff about dangerous situations. Favoritism, and gossip between higher up is an ongoing problem, if they do not like you watch your back, they will write you up for the most petty things and never allow you to grow within the company. Hands down the worst company I have ever worked for!

Pros

Cons

Never allowed to sit, breaks never happen, stressful, management is uneducated, too much gossip, wage is ridiculously low for the workload, always criticized but never praised of good things

Good place to start

management is good however lots of politics involved in who become managers and one Director moves all the pieces around. Work environment and infrastructure is run down operating from within various old buildings. Work life balance is good and workforce unionized. Although union doesn't do anything for us

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

no advancement, poor staff morale from working in an old building and cobstant construction around us

very helpful

i felt a need to help in my community. The Salvation Army helped me with that.They are great people to work with. And i have learn so much from them. Plus I've learnt some cooking procedures that I didn't know.

To much gossip

This people don’t care about their workers or residents. You will get called to the office based on the gossip. No matter how hard you work, if management don’t like you they will make your life miserable.

A productive and enjoyable place to work

I learned quite a bit here I came out of my shell and was able to help so many customers and kept the store looking presentable. A great place to work

Disrespected

Worked for 4 weeks and didn’t miss a day. Even did overtime. I was calm and curious. Did whatever I was told do. Finished my training and filled out benefits Paperwork. And got through my probation. I loved it. They fired me after a return to the depot. Gave me no reason why I was being terminated. Rumours said work was slowing down. But I found 3 new applications on indeed in less then a wee

A place for Learning and Connection

Working here is very fulfilling, the salary at this establishment is fair. The management here could improve in many ways, but I can't complain too much.

No real time for relaxation/ no Overtime paid,

I just gave my Review. SAW too many donations left on other drivers truck and taken to City Dump. Do not complain or you be out of a job. You be the Judge.

Pros

can not think of any

Cons

Do your job and say nothing.

Customer Donations

I drove for them and was very disappointed. Especially some drivers who go and pick up the donations ONLY to leave on the truck and take directly to the city dump. I think I spoke about this too often and was fired. Please print this.

Jobs at The Salvation Army

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

Good Experience

Was a great job and got to learn a lot. came on not knowing too much but they were willing to train me for everything that would happenned got to do everything from painting to flooring to electrical.

Fun and simple place to work.

Getting up and going to work when you know you're doing some good in the world isn't overly difficult. You'll easily find friends and plenty of great people to pass the time with.

Productive and fun workplace

Salvation Army pine lake summer camp was an amazing place to work because it gave me an opportunity to share gospel with campers for 2 entire months which is awesome. I found it really fun, fast and spiritually healing. Very enjoyable

Pros

Cons

Late schedule

Great group of people to work with

I learned valuable lessons from people who had been employed there for years. They are very accommodating to your needs as one of their employees. Training for the position i was hired was not as I expected it, it was rushed and i felt unprepared at times for the tasks needed to be done. Thankfully my co-worker was very knowledgeable in the area of benefits and was very patient in teaching me what I needed to learn.

Pros

Great location for Edmonton Events

Cons

Location in the heart of downtown

Productive and Fun

It's a very good place to work. The employees are respectable. They're nice people. Overall I really enjoyed my time working there. It taught me so many things I have been able to experience for future careers,

Pros

Good Paycheck

Cons

Dusty and could be smelly

Rewarding experience working alongside team players.

I always stop by a salvation thrift store, when I am in the neighborhood. The staff are the best, and very engaging. Working for Salvation Army gave me great to joy to be able to give back to the community, by supporting the cause, by helping people during unexpected times of loss , and rebuilding lives.

Pay was very low for the job requirements. Staff was clicky and not very friendly

I was a casual at the Salvation Army RAC and although the residents liked me, the staff was generally very clicky and stuck to their own groups, not very welcoming at all. There was a lot of gossip and rumour spreading, which made it a very negative place to work

Productive and clean

All employees worked hard and went above and beyond to meet personal and group goals. Guest treated well and attended to accordingly. Store kept clean and in prestine condition.

Flexible and effective workplace

Amazing people to work with Customers are left satisfied Clean store Organized and efficient staff Helpful Great location Amazing service Flexible hours

Best Place I've worked

If there had been more opportunities for me to move up and grow i never would have left. I have wonderful memories of this job. I learned so much from so many exceptional people. As a charity salary was low, but I always felt like I made a difference and would trade the salary for this kind of work again.

Chellenging work environment

Delivering a module based curriculum to men in recovery, making sure that their individual learning styles are accommodated. Interesting and challenging work.

Pros

Interesting

Cons

stressful at times

6.2K