The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,546 reviews

Social worker - volunteer

good place to socialize and making new friends, professional environment, multicultural organization, helping people in need and support the vulnerable individuals.

Stagnant and old school approach

Company is doing good things for the community. However, the working culture is slow, resistant to changes or new ideas. Not much career growth if you are looking for career advancement. Salary is poor, way below average. Annual salary increase can't catch up to cost of living minimum inflation. They don't seem to provide competitive salary increase based on performance, everything is very based on a rigid scale Therefore, no motivation for employees to want to work harder or to make changes to increase efficiency. People are kind of in the job for pay cheque to pay cheque, no sense of accountability of what they do or want to make the company better.

Pros

3 weeks vacation to start, job security

Cons

Stagnant, no opportunity to grow

Enjoyable staff, great workers and a fun envirorment

Worked alone, greeted people that donated and passed by. Got to meet a lot of nice people and would differently recommend this job to other people

Pros

Met a lot of people

Cons

Work together as a team work.

Cashier, Design for display store, Cleaning. Learn to be part of Safety Team at the store. I have great Manager. I have good co-workers from different countries. The hardest part of the job dealing with various customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is fell like family.

Pros

Discount for clothing

Multi-tasking

In my office each department has separate times of the year when they reach their overload limit because they are so busy. What I love most about my position is that I'm able to help them (Program, Business, Public Relations) during that time. The hardest part of my job is if I have to say no (to their request for help) because I have to much on my plate at the time.

Pros

Being apart of a team, not by myself

Cons

Upset people calling and I can't help them.

Jobs at The Salvation Army