The Salvation Army
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

The Salvation Army Employee Reviews in Brantford, ON

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,530 reviews

Salvation Army did provided me with extremely amazing

Although I have the greatest respect for Salvation Army Booth Centre, it was also extremely stressful and we lacked some resources for the community. When created a lot of stressful environment.

Poor workplace environment

Management is forever giving second chances to those not showing up for work or disregarding union rules. People always going off on stress leave. Turnover is high so no one gets to know each other. The population they serve have no consistency. Ask yourself why positions are always being posted... a good place to start, but not to stay.

Pros

You’ll never get fired

Cons

You’ll never have a social life or decent pay

sally ann

I did not work here but was the helper when the Brantford Store opened it gots it's up and drowns. some staff was not nice and ceo was always picking on little things

nice people

short 3 hour shifts, some sites are cold. greet and thank people for donation. and sometimes when available hand out card calendars. we are like guards watching, so money doesn't get stolen.

Pros

working with public

Cons

cold spots

Low wage lots of expectations

benefits are good but wage too low rrsp contribution match insurances fully paid by employee co workers loving and caring no room for job advancement .

fun

I enjoyed the work and it was a fun environment I thought the employer was really nice and understanding and I really enjoyed being able to interact with the community

Great Job

Great job with great job security. Could have used a little more training, but I have been learning lots as I have been going. The management here however is amazing thus far. Every encounter with them has been a positive and enlightening experience!

Pros

Unionized, benefits, job security, really nice management

Cons

Co-workers, lack of training

Great place overall

The management is good. The workload is pretty heavy for the little training I personally have received in the last six weeks. Overall I enjoy the environment and the majority of the that people I work with.

Pros

Salary is good for part time work

A pleasure to work with the team

I enjoyed going to work every day as it was a pleasure to work there . I learned how to price the articles for the store which was very rewarding in my compliments that were given to me . I'd like being part of the Salvation Army team . The hardest part was the heavy heavy lifting .

Pros

Meeting different people everyday

Cons

Extremely heavy lifting like furniture

Decent Kitchen Work

Decent workplace, nothing too strenuous. Low pay but unionized so job security is pretty secure. Management is fair and understanding. Would recommend if you're looking for some part-time kitchen work and you can deal with earlier hours.

Pros

Free lunches, Understanding managament

Cons

Early work hours

Jobs at The Salvation Army

in Brantford, ON
See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work, good starting job for students. A typical day at work is steady on cash, good quality product to be put out and meeting lots of new customers, etc. I got cash experience.

This is a great organization to work for. . .

The work with this great organization is always challenging and give you a wonderfully sense of being able to help and motivate others in their journey. .

Pros

You have an opportunity to really make a difference

Cons

I really didn't see any.

Very productive work days. However, extremely poor management and leadreship skills shown by the boss/manager.

At the beginning of a typical day at work, I would begin by sorting clothes which were brought in by donators. Than aftwerwards, go for the first break of the day. Followed by tagging the donations by color coded tags. Once my daily duties were completed, I would than stock the glass case and shelves with the new items.

Pros

Meeting new work employees. Learning brand new skills to take with me to other work places.

Cons

Very, very poor management. The boss was not at all friendly to me, while he was to ALL the other worker.

6.2K