The Salvation Army
View all The Salvation Army reviews

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Review

Recycling is creativity

A typical day at Salvation Army includes a fast-paced environment in selling merchandise while focusing on quality. In my whole 20 years of experience, I have learned that reinvention is key. You have to categorize quickly what we are displaying for the day. Creativity is essential and quick judgement is required. I was very sad to hear that my store was closing in February but I have been actively seeking job opportunities at this company. One of the most enjoyable part of the job was giving a second life to a second-hand item to someone.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great place to work and volunteer

Enjoyed the interaction with the customers. Sorting was educational and rewarding. Never know what you would come across. The staff are great! Always on hand if you needed help.
Same role

Warm and homey feel

My day at work was spent sorting clothes according to colour code and removing designated apparel from the sales floor. The work was a tad repetitive, but working for a non-profit organization is always a good thing to do.

Pros

Sufficient lunch breaks

Cons

Repetitive tasks
Same location

Environnement anxiogène et stressant

Milieu essentiellement occupe par des haïtiens, les employeurs (direction et supervision ) haïtiens eux même souhaite engager surtout des personnes issus de la même culture. Les horaires de travail ne sont pas clairs. Les employeurs cherchent a vous donner des heures de travail supplémentaires sans être payes.

Pros

Repas gratuit mais périmé

Cons

pause de 30 min pour manger, rythme extrêmement exténuant

6.2K