The Salvation Army
View all The Salvation Army reviews

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Review

No security guard in the business store hours

They management justified not to hire a security guard in the business store hours due the money is not enough to pay for.Moreover, they want you to. deal with homeless and people under drugs or alcohol, lift shopper without proper training which I was hired as CSR and not as a guard.

Pros

30 percent discount as an employee

Cons

stressful ambience when there were not guard in store hours

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Do yourself a favor and search for employment elsewhere.

I was employed here for around two months and it was by far the absolute WORST job I’ve ever had. Firstly, management has their corporate goals set too high, especially for minimum wage, such as the ability to process 700 items per day (which is for solely one employee to achieve) for their BRIC department (such as housewares, electronics, toys etc.) and around 1,500 for cloth for the whole department. There is absolutely no opportunity for doing a variety of tasks, as said from management. You just do the same task and try to achieve their corporate goals day in, day out each day. Management doesn’t listen to employee’s complaints regarding ridiculous expectations regardless of seniority and you’re just another expendable number and replaceable at any time. When four people leave in just a matter of a week, there’s your cue to leave RIGHT THERE. There were people coming into work anxious about getting fired for not reaching those numbers set by the greedy goons of upper management. It was both physically and emotionally stressful for me, as well as my fellow coworkers’ lives. The whole irony of this whole experience is that TSA is supposed to be an organization devoted to making people’s lives better, when it made mine and others’ worse. It has definitely ruined the name and likeness of TSA and it’s mission for “Giving hope today”.

Pros

Coworkers, wages, perks

Cons

Corporate quotas, management, everything else
Same role

Management appears to have no retail experience but expecting staff to understand the philosophy (prayer based retail).

Disorganized management team, vague and questionable orientation/start up experience, terrible communications, gossip and second hand information encouraged, far too grounded in magic thinking and prayer.

Pros

Punctual payments

Cons

Disorganized and poor communication from management
Same location

I thought it was a great place to work. I liked my coworkers, my manager, I liked the atmosphere & the hours. I would definitely recommend The Salvation Army as a great place to work to anyone.

Pros

Friendly environment, good pace job

Cons

I want everything I see...

6.2K
3.8K
2.6K
1.1K

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare The Salvation Army with

• The Salvation Army
  • No security guard in the business store hours