The Salvation Army
View all The Salvation Army reviews

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Employee Review

Fun volunteering with friendly people

It was on Sundays when I did this and I went with somebody to make it more enjoyable. The environment was welcoming and well kept. The head cook gave direction on cooking. When service came it was open for an hour and we cleaned and left.

Pros

Free lunch

Same role

Great experience

I was very satisfied working at Salvation Army. Everyone was supportive, kind and helpful. I felt valued and respected as an employee and I would highly recommend anyone to work there.
Same role

They have an excellent Lunch Group.

I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering at The Salvation Army Food Bank Warehouse. I would recommend it to my friends, which I have, and I would and WILL continue to work there. The Lunch Group is always nice and friendly, as the staff is friendly. Overall, the atmosphere is calm, great, and welcoming.

Pros

Friendly People

Cons

Not open on Saturdays.
Same location

You'll learn a lot

A great place to get a start in homelessness services. Lots of training provided, and you gain experience quickly, so it can be a great stepping stone. Management is at times very supportive, and at other times you really have to advocate for yourself if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Overall they really care about people.

Pros

Lots of paid training if you want it, one free meal per shift.

Cons

Not a lot of room to move up within the company.

6.2K
3.8K
2.6K
1.1K

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare The Salvation Army with

• The Salvation Army
  • Fun volunteering with friendly people