The Royal Conservatory

The Royal Conservatory Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Typical day at work is to open the exam centre early before the examiner and candidates arrive to ensure everything is ready for a full day of examinations.
Pros
Spend the day greeting and meeting new people
Cons
The days working during exams can be very long
In this job, I have had the opportunity to partner with different school districts both on reserve and off to development arts based programming that connects curriculum and Indigenous ways of knowing/being
It has been my pleasure to work with the Royal Conservatory of Music. They are a helpful, supportive, and professional organization and create an excellent working environment.
Productive and great workplace to work. In last 9 years I learned a lot regarding Canadian and US taxes, Donation, Sponsorships, Financial reporting and much more.
I volunteered during the examinations. The staff was very nice and the only job was to set up the exam room, watch the test takers to make sure there was no cheating, and then dismantle the room. There are some rude parents that want to sit next to their kid while they're taking the exam, but it's not your job to deal with them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No talking (during examinations)
Did scheduling a month in advance
Hours were mostly short for concerts

Very flexible

Lots of different people to meet

Management was very nice and fair
I currently teach young children introductory piano. A typical day includes scales, repertoires, classical and/or jazz pieces, modern pieces, and various exercises. I seek to stimulate an inviting and fun atmosphere and am open to new possibilities with respect to teaching plans and styles.
Because I am a private piano teacher, I make my own schedule. This works extremely well during the school year! I've learned to deal with many clients at a time, my clients being the parents of my students. Though scheduling many students can be tough, I have gained a lot of experience and it is no longer an issue. I love being able to work with children because they are so fun to teach and most of the time very enthusiastic to learn.
Pros
It pays very well, the kids love you
Cons
Hard to find a committed student base