The Roxborough Retirement Residence Employee Reviews

Not a good environment
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 June 2019
Very high turn over rate. Poor management, and low rate of pay. They do not care about employees what's so ever. Upper management does not support employees. Non union environment.
Pros
Cons
Covering shifts for people who dont show up on a regular basis
Reception
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 January 2019
The Roxborough Retirement Residence has been my best job yet. Flexible hours and amazing management. The part-time reception position is perfect for students who want to work and go to school at the same time. The job isn’t difficult and you learn a lot of skills that you can take with you for future jobs. You get to work with seniors and every day is different. Never a dull moment you get a lot of get experience.
Pros
Free lunches, good management, work independently
Cons
Not a lot of shifts/hours
Not a good work environment
RPN (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 September 2016
There is a very high employee turn-over, because they are over worked, and under paid. You are expected to be a nurse, an electrician, a maid, the receptionist, and security. When you apply, they say that the extra work is occasional, but it happens on every shift.
Pros
free lunches, indoor parking (if there is a space avail.)
Great starting point
Dining room Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 August 2015
Fun and fast paced. Lots of training and patience required. Must be a people person. The schedule was very flexible which allowed me to work two jobs. There was a lot of extra shifts available if needed. The benefits were great. I could usually find replacements to take over my shift if I couldn't make it in for a certain day.