The Rosedale Group logo
The Rosedale Group

The Rosedale Group Employee Reviews

Good place to work and learn

Been here for 6yrs dispatch can be difficult but they do work with u I did my job they left me alone upper management is always respectful great guys to work with they always have a place in my heart

Good working place

Happy all through I was working there. Good cultural environment and where the employer cares about the employees. Good working environment and the management is great.

Pros

Free lunch every long weekend

good place to work

they were a good company. I enjoyed working there untill I took time off for Covid to take care of my kids. told me I wouldn't lose my job but suddenly didn't have work for me and layed me off.

Horrible place to work

The terminal manager is a complete bully and will make your work life intollerable. Her husband is the "mechanic" and that's the reason he gets away without fixing equipment properly. Don't bring up the fact that loads are insecure or equipment is unsafe as that will get you sent home early. Do yourself a favor and keep looking for somewhere else to work unless this is your absolute last resort.

Pros

Endless abuse from managers and customers.

Cons

Let's face it, there are none. You'll be happier with a paper route.

Management is weak

Very good security job but long hours and not sup time paid. No retirement program. The vaccation choice is a very secret and long process. Also very low information communication from the management. We never now what goin on. Transparency is not a word they know. Salary average. No rise every year. Bonus for years work good but bonus for performance is clear how they evaluate us

Pros

Secure job. No lay out

Cons

Long hours no sup time paid management poor

Toxic environment with no incentive to try

Rigid, inflexible management that's far removed from the warehouse workers. No matter how much you apply yourself, it will mean nothing to them, so lazy workers are commonplace. Those same idle members will never get in trouble, but those who excel will take the brunt of ire at not working hard or fast enough to make up for the others. Many holidays aren't covered, with the excuse that Rosedale is a Federal Company. The work itself is easy, but you will very easily begin getting frustrated at the lack of support from management and your co-workers. Your own personal work ethic will suffer as a result. I wouldn't reccomend this job to anyone. Ever.

Pros

Easy work requiring no physical or mental effort

Cons

See review, many more problems

Just a worker.

Management is non existent. They will tell you what you want to hear but will pull the rug out from underneath you. A total “ good old boy” group. Sneaky, conniving,slick. I would never drive for them again. Many better companies out there. Be warned.

Pros

Cons

Management and HR.

work and fun togeather

loved Working at Rosedale Group. one of the best company I worked. professional staff and management. equipment is up to date. no force dispatch. work and fun together.

Good Place to work

Good please to work Management is ok for the most part wages are quite low decent benefits but could be better under staffed and work gets thrown on your desk but no extra pay

Not secure

The company don't appreciate the effort of the employee. Every time you come in to the dispatch there's a tension environment. I worked for 5 year thinking they would appreciate as a professional driver. what they do is lay off older drivers and hire new drivers and pay them less. I find that this company is not fair with the employees.

Jobs at The Rosedale Group

See more jobs

Good job securement poor management

If you want job security this is the place for you. Otherwise management is poor and vacation is poor. You are treated like a student/child and as if management is your parents/that one mean aunty. I enjoyed how fast the days went by and the job security but there is no moving up in such a big company. Whatever position you’re hired for is where you will stay.

If you can afford to work just above minimum age and no pay on stat holidays well then this job may be the one for you.

Yes and I found a number of the enjoyable to work with but most kept to a certain group.I found management heard but rarely ever seen except when it was on your time be it at lunch, break...etc. Training was done but not thorough enough. i was left to train through an ex employee who left but with little notice and i basically had to train myself on a machine that was very hard to learn to control and when asked to help you were shown how the controls work DONE!!! I wouldn't go back to work for this company but it may work out for someone else.

Pros

free coffee, doughnuts once in awhile

Cons

Not payed on holidays, Management. Not completely sure of what your duties were from day to day.

Busy, well run. organized

Great place to work very friendly employers and co-workers. Great hours. Would recommend working there, The hardest part is understanding how to properly load a trailer.

Terrible place to work

I worked here for over 3 years. Unless you're a Filipino don't work here. They will all gang up on you and make your job 10 times harder then it needs to be. They will try to cause accidents to get you hurt in order to advance there own people, which nothing will be done about. They will ignore you by not talking to you, never even looking you in the eye, unless absolutely necessary. Management at the time was a coward and lazy. The office staff are nothing but gossipy lazy know-it-alls with nothing better to do then spread rumors.

Pros

Only if you're Philipino

Cons

Danagerous

productive

a typical work day was interacting with in coming customers and properly cater to their individual needs as well get other tasks done like scheduling , answering phone calls and making necessary work reports. I enjoyed every bit of it

Friendly Co-workers

I was the Office Coordinator so I inputted payroll, helped with benefits and interacted with my fellow employees and ran the office. I really enjoyed my job and got along well with my coworkers. I loved the busy pace and enjoyed interacting with the customers. The hardest part of my job was working the the new manager. She took over in July 2017 and she is not qualified to be a Terminal Manager and if she doesn’t like you watch out. She is condescending and rude and a bully. And Rosedale does not pay very well.

Pros

Great Co-workers

Cons

Bad Management

Productive workplace with good people

worked midnights with some good people. on a typical day youd see yourself unload or load around 8-12 trucks a night. some nights its busy and you have to stay for an hour or two to finish the workload.

Pros

good environment

Cons

busy

Room for improvement

Their mileage rate is competitive and reasonable. Management is horrible. Equipment maintenance is sub-par. Trucks aren’t spec’d Properly. Driver support is non-existent. No over-time after 60 hours/week. Driver expectations/work load is burdensome. You will be pushed hard. There is no continuity of policies across terminals. Managers lack proper credentials/knowledge/education. Orientation for new hires is poor. It’s a fast growing company without firmly established quality assurance metrics.

Pros

Mileage rate

Cons

Management/No overtime/No driver support

active job

I loved this job i was a forklift operator and i was unloading and loading trucks from 5 tons to 53 foot trailers, i was unloading flooring from carpet to lifts of hardwood

Pros

regular breaks

Cons

no management skills

Top notch

Great company to work for I wish I never left. A true family culture. Nice equipment great coworkers great management! You will be required to do heavy lifting so if you're not in shape don't bother but if you want to get in shape this job will do it. The pay is reasonable and dispatching is fair it's an easy five stairs for me. I don't need to be anonymous my name is Roger and I would go back in a heartbeat

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Heavy lifting

Loading / unloading large Stock of carpets

Typical day consisted of unloading and loading large carpet stock from distribution centres across Canada. prepare local shipping manifests for local businesses in Ottawa and load transports with carpet orders across Canada. The counterbalance forklift was my main source of equipment used to load and unload tractor trailers

Pros

shift preminiums

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Rosedale Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement