The Rosedale Group
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

The Rosedale Group Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews

hourhardmanagementgooddaypaytimeworking

Overall, Rosedale is a good place to work.

- Friendly & Respectful dispatch,- On-time & Correct pay,- Timely repairs to equipment, and- Team oriented co-workers. From what I've experienced, there are very few trucking companies that have all of these qualities. If you have a strong work ethic and are proficient at what you do, this is the company for you.

I did not like working there the management treated people like garbage

The people that work they were great the management treated people like not very nice overworked underpaid it wasn’t worth even being there for however long I was there it just wasn’t worth it in my eyes

Insights into The Rosedale Group

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Sale Associate

Its inclusive, helpful people. Good pay. Accomodative and understanding people. Would definitely recommend. It gets stressful on sales day but everyone at work are very helpful and cheerful

Not a great place to work at anymore.

This company used to be a great company to work for, you looked forward to coming to work and put in a hard days work. Now employee moral is horrible. They have let employee management relations slide drastically. Everyone from salary to hourly are just in a foul mood. I think covid had a lot to do with it but nothing is being done to fix it. It's truly to bad. This company was on the top of its game many years ago.

Dont ever work their with agency no job security .

One of the worst management i had ever seen in my life . If you r working from agency they will gonna treat like you r not human. I never gonna suggest anyone to work there . Those guys are making fool .

Not a fun place to work.

Rosedale they use a punch card system and you as driver don’t have access to your card dispatch punches you in and out I worked there for a little more than 3 months don’t let that $27 dollars an hour fool you you work between 13 or 14 hours a day 5 days a week but because dispatch punches your card they punch you out while you’re still working and doing delivery somewhere just to make sure you don’t get pay for more than 55 or 56 hours a week and if you try to talk to them about that they will never have time for you at the end you will be making $18-19 dollars an hour and the management are not very nice people their true colours comes out after you are there for a few months I would say a hard NO to Rosedale!!

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Amazing experience working with Rosedale group excellent customer service and dispatch helps when you are some where stuck

I work for rosedale as a LTL truck driver very good experience slots of family time and pay is reasonable weekends off 10 to 11 hrs works Hr hiring process is Incredible good training this company is for hard working ppl not for lazy guys thanks Rosedale for giving me opportunity to work with you guys

Cons

10 to 11 hrs

Management needs a lot of work, on a positive note time goes by quick.

Very fast paced environment, lots of heavy items, but overall work is good, and has a good warehouse crew. Office is busy lots of the time and lots of customer service.

Good place to work and learn

Been here for 6yrs dispatch can be difficult but they do work with u I did my job they left me alone upper management is always respectful great guys to work with they always have a place in my heart

Good working place

Happy all through I was working there. Good cultural environment and where the employer cares about the employees. Good working environment and the management is great.

Pros

Free lunch every long weekend

Great company

from day one I have always been made to feel like I belonged, my manager is great, she's very helpful. the company is very family friendly, everyone is made to feel like they belong. hours are great.

Pros

work/life balance, great teamwork, super friendly staff

Not what it seems

Well the company is good and professional, they provide enough training which is a good thing. But the problem starts when you start doing on your own. There is a big communication gap between a driver and dispatch, you will be sent to places which are not meant for tractor trailers, customers and drivers feedbacks are never heard. Lots of unrealistic expectations. Even a small daily things can become big hassle. Some drivers are there from many years but it it didnt worked for me. My personal experience was not very good but it might work for you. I kind of felt lonely there.

Pros

Steady hours

Cons

Dispatch, Too many restrictions, heavy product.

Stressful work

When company hires they tell you about 5-8% handbombing and after 6-8 months you realize that you are pushing 40-50k pounds on daily basis. If you are hurt they don’t like you to go on WSIB. If you do so they lay u off and never call you back. My suggestion to everyone is, get in written about the amount of hand bomb.

It’s ok

It’s ok not great always want extra. Lots of waiting time every morning some long days pay is good they smoke in staging area it’s gross if you don’t smoke very dirty warehouse/ office

Pros

Cons

Always want extra delivery after long runs

Everything looks good at first, but after a bit will get frustrating

Jobs come with responsibility, and there lack of ability to discipline the right staff. Nothing like having one person that only wants to do what they want and putting some and then no effort to help others and build something that could be better. Other employees suffer because of this, and will continue to do so until they weed out the bad apple.

Pros

Good start time

Cons

One bad apple

good place to work

they were a good company. I enjoyed working there untill I took time off for Covid to take care of my kids. told me I wouldn't lose my job but suddenly didn't have work for me and layed me off.

Horrible place to work

The terminal manager is a complete bully and will make your work life intollerable. Her husband is the "mechanic" and that's the reason he gets away without fixing equipment properly. Don't bring up the fact that loads are insecure or equipment is unsafe as that will get you sent home early. Do yourself a favor and keep looking for somewhere else to work unless this is your absolute last resort.

Pros

Endless abuse from managers and customers.

Cons

Let's face it, there are none. You'll be happier with a paper route.

Management is weak

Very good security job but long hours and not sup time paid. No retirement program. The vaccation choice is a very secret and long process. Also very low information communication from the management. We never now what goin on. Transparency is not a word they know. Salary average. No rise every year. Bonus for years work good but bonus for performance is clear how they evaluate us

Pros

Secure job. No lay out

Cons

Long hours no sup time paid management poor

Toxic environment with no incentive to try

Rigid, inflexible management that's far removed from the warehouse workers. No matter how much you apply yourself, it will mean nothing to them, so lazy workers are commonplace. Those same idle members will never get in trouble, but those who excel will take the brunt of ire at not working hard or fast enough to make up for the others. Many holidays aren't covered, with the excuse that Rosedale is a Federal Company. The work itself is easy, but you will very easily begin getting frustrated at the lack of support from management and your co-workers. Your own personal work ethic will suffer as a result. I wouldn't reccomend this job to anyone. Ever.

Pros

Easy work requiring no physical or mental effort

Cons

See review, many more problems

Just a worker.

Management is non existent. They will tell you what you want to hear but will pull the rug out from underneath you. A total “ good old boy” group. Sneaky, conniving,slick. I would never drive for them again. Many better companies out there. Be warned.

Pros

Cons

Management and HR.

Stay away

All about family, not workers. Revolving door for employment. Very few dock workers with over 10 year employeed. At times it felt like they owned you.

Pros

Dock workers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Rosedale Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement