The Rimrock Resort Hotel

The Rimrock Resort Hotel Pay & benefits reviews

Canada68 reviews
Best part of day is dinner but other then that it’s pretty good work environment the staff is great just on busy days it’s pretty crazy. Laundry was backed up other that pretty good on days when it was running smoothly.
Fun work place with good benefits. Work place dynamic is good. Rules are there for everyone to follow so that makes it easier for hoteliers.
Supportive employer.
Expected to be 15 minutes early for shift. Was stated that pay would be included. It was not. Hr team was a pain to work with on any complaint or issue. Overworked and expected to work over shift hours with no compensation. Staff are replaceable and they tell you that from the start.
Benefits after a year of work in good standing.
Pros
Decent pay if you work 24/7
Cons
Poor management. Poorly run. Staff treated horribly
Micro management. They let their people overwork with zero recognition and minimal compensation. One of the most shocking statement I received from a senior manager is, I quote “you need to bring radio every time cuz if you are needed to go and get something you have to do it” despite of the fact you only have 30 mins break. It is unpaid break. So many know it all people that took labour codes the otherway.
! Always busy, so the house pass by. If you like working.
The manage isn’t the greatest neither is the staff cafeteria.

Tips are a lot, some days of course

Staff housing isn’t bad, but could be better.
Pros
Cons
Staff housing and cafeteria
worked in primrose as jr server
- unappreciated and under paid

- bad manager.

- good coworkers

- constantly reminded that jr servers could be replaced
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, forced to do overtime, bad manager in primrose.
Great people to work with, just found it hard to get out of town in summer months due to traffic. Bus service found it difficult to keep an accurate schedule with visitors growing in numbers during summer months
benefits
Cons
location
The Rimrock is in the middle of Banff National Park and is a great place to work for anyone looking to enjoy the benefits of living in the Rocky Mountains.

You are expected to be professional, presentable and willing to accommodate guests who are expecting a high end experience.

In the busy season it is common to work 6 days a week and overtime is sometimes required. Working on holidays is almost always a must. During the off season work can be cut down to 4 days a week.

The staff are from all over the world and are generally open and friendly people. Great place to make long-term friendships.

As the bulk of the workforce in Banff is transient, management tends to think of lower level staff as easily replaceable. Do not expect to earn large amounts of money unless you are willing to stay there for 2+ years and transfer into a supervisor role.

The hardest part of the job is during the busiest times (Christmas and the summer months) when you are required to work long hours with little down time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the world looking for adventures. Also the location of Banff allows you to enjoy world class outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding and hiking.
Pros
Staff Accomodation
Cons
Difficult to obtain signicant vacation time
staff accommodation outdated and dilapidated. resicdence for staff is in the hotel and the commute is minimal. this is a positive. the culture is very muted relaxed with many forgiven workers swell.
Pros
free dinner
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Rimrock Resort Hotel?
Working in Rimrock is a nice place to work with, Management was nice to their employee, meeting with different nationality of people, building new friendship, with my 3.5 years in Rimrock i would say that this is one of the best hotel industry / Company that i work, and am always be happy and thankful to serve Rimrock Resort Hotel.
Pros
Free Breakfast ( Cereals & Bread and Fresh Milk) and Free Lunch
Cons
Maybe sometimes during busy time, working for long hours
The company is a very good place to work. Good benefits. The company itself gave me a lot of opportunities to advance myself in the hospitality industry.
Pros
free lunch and staff activities, staff discounts and great benefits
A destacar :
- organización

- motivación al empleado

- aprendizaje continuo

. buen ambiente de trabajo

- Banff, es un lugar precios

- Resort impresionante
Pros
Todo es positivo, convivencia, trabajo, sueldo, perfeccionar idioma...
Cons
la distancia
Working in Housekeeping at this hotel was the worst experience in my working career. Never before in my life have I found myself in a place where I constantly felt threatened by management and needed to seek out counselling for the depression and anxiety this job gave me. Management here was the worst and it did not surprise me at all to see and hear that they had trouble retaining staff. The fact I powered it out for 3 months should be considered long term employment.
benefits
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations from workload given
The hotel is located in a beautiful environment. the management are excellent.it is a nice hotel to work in with good people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pays for overtime
I loved and enjoyed working here for 3 years. The hotel gave me so much knowledge about hospitality industry, I just felt that its time for me to move and take a leap for a more exciting place to live and work in other part of Canada.
Pros
Good benefits working in a 4 Diamond Hotel
Cons
Less working hours