The Rimrock Resort Hotel

The Rimrock Resort Hotel Employee Reviews for Steward

Steward5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Great place to work, friendly people from all around the world. Over all not bad of a job. Days are chaotic sometimes but once everything settles down it's a quiet night. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i am surrounded by mountains. Hardest part about the job is being away from my family. Everyone in the workplace is so friendly and willing to help you out no matter what. Management is very understanding about family emergencies and personal problems but lack communication with the other departments.
a typical day at work was busy but made it go by fast which was nice. I learned how to work great as part of a team as well as being responsible with the end of day results. management had great communication with me as I had with my team. I learned a lot about different cultures as I was working with people from all parts of the world. the hardest part of the job was the stress of making sure everything got done on time in an organized fashion. i would say the most enjoyable part of this job was the people I was working with.
Pros
Staff cafeteria
Cons
No Cons
I'm in stewarding, nice managers, good co-workers. Work isn't too hard and the manager tries his best to give you requested days off and tried to give everyone enough hours when it's slow. When it's slow it's dead though so be prepared to have nothing to do for hours in the off seasons.

Some kitchen staff are nice but a lot of the chefs are kind of rude to stewards. Learn not to take their bull. In the kitchen they kind of make you feel like you're in their way but you have a job in there to, don't let them forget that. You are kind of unappreciated.

As for the Rimrock it's self, they have some weird rules when it comes to people visited you, such as no over night guest in your room and no staying in guest rooms over night without special permission from hr. Staff food is not the best but if you end up working in the kitchen you are treated to some good food, and lots of sweets.
Pros
cheap place to stay, free food, easy to meet people
Cons
food kind of sucks, hard to meet people not in your department, can't have guest stay over in staff acom.
Banff is a very beautiful location to work. Woking with Rimrock is different experience but really enjoyable.
If your looking for a stable job and this is the company that suits you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Rimrock Resort Hotel?