The Rimrock Resort Hotel

The Rimrock Resort Hotel Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

Banquet Server5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
Working at this resort gave me the opportunity to experience living in the mountains of Banff, AB. and meet plenty of friendly people.
If you are coming to Banff on a working holiday visa and want to spend time actually enjoying the place don't work here ! REPEAT
Banquets in summer you are working long, terrible hours. the work is very physical lifting and moving tables and chairs 3/4 of the time (not actually serving). The pay is good as gratuity included but minimal/pooled tips. Talking to friends who were banquet servers at Fairmont, they get paid more than double what we did for the same job. They also have a set pack up/down team so employees are not exhausted doing 12 hour shifts finishing at 4am in the morning.

Also with the staff accomodation, in the summer time you are squished in 4 to a room with no balcony. As soon as you quit/leave the company you need to vacate, which is an issue as it is really hard to find somewhere to live in Banff in the summer time. I stayed for much longer than I wanted to with the Banquets team as it is SO hard to find somewhere else to live. The food at the cafeteria did not cater to being vegetarian.

Initially what encouraged me to work here was the fact that I was coming to Banff with a job lined up already, as they advertise positions online. If you are coming to Banff to just work and save money you can do that working in banquets in the summer, it is VERY busy. But there are better places to work, where the tips are better and the hours are not as long. This was honestly the worst working experience of my life and I felt trapped here as I could not find anywhere else to live for several weeks.

Rimrock improve your pay for your banquet employees! Pay
 - more...
Hotel provides staff accomodation. Banff is a very friendly environment to work at as people are very approachable. Family atmosphere indeed. Lots of cross training too which is beneficial to career development
The worst place I've ever worked. 16 hour shifts 6 days a week, stuff taken by management out of our private rooms when we weren't there, writing letters saying our room is messy even though they gave us no warning of an inspection, gave us no time in our 16 hour a day 6 days a week to do any cleaning and illegally kicked many people out because of messes. Hhorribleabsolutely terrible.
The past winter season I worked in Rimrock Resort Hotel in Banff, Alberta. I really enjoyed the service to guests in my position as a banquets server, bartender, or during the uncountable times I worked in room service. As a 4 Diamond Hotel, the Rimrock provides its employees with excellent training to reach the highest level of guest service. I appreciate my time there for all the skills and knowledge I obtained.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Rimrock Resort Hotel?