The Rimrock Resort Hotel
The Rimrock Resort Hotel Employee Review

good place to work

26 September 2018
like every other housekeeping job has its difficult times but at the Rimrock the work team was the best; if anyone needed help we helped each other. the hardest part of the job was in summer when we had a time with under staff.
Pros
free staff acomm in summer
Cons
under staff sometimes
3 January 2020
Same roleSame location
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
If you're looking for a job in Banff in Housekeeping I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The management is horrible and the team is horribly understaffed during the on-season. Employees are blamed for not completing rooms in time even though they give them so many checkouts /stayovers that it's nearly impossible to complete each day, even by their outlined standards. If you're looking for a place that will offer good pay and staff accommodations (by the way, you have to pay for staff accom in the Rimrock) then you can try looking literally anywhere else in the whole town for a place with Staff Accommodations offering the same pay and way less grueling work.
Pros
none for housekeeping
Cons
Stressful, may be forced to work overtime, no set days on/off, harsh manager
5 January 2017
Same roleSame location
Room Attendant (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
Working in Housekeeping at this hotel was the worst experience in my working career. Never before in my life have I found myself in a place where I constantly felt threatened by management and needed to seek out counselling for the depression and anxiety this job gave me. Management here was the worst and it did not surprise me at all to see and hear that they had trouble retaining staff. The fact I powered it out for 3 months should be considered long term employment.
benefits
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations from workload given
3 October 2020
Same location
Esthetician (Former Employee) - Banff, AB
Spa manager when I started was a little tough but she was on top of everything, new manager is a nightmare. I loved most of the people I work with, management was not the best though. Very toxic. Pay was really good though, sometimes over booked though and schedule was hard because a lot of the front desk people for spa weren't trained properly(not their fault). I would definitely work their again if there was different management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
toxic