The Redwoods Retirement Residence

The Redwoods Retirement Residence Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada5 reviews

Excellent

I am still working here but I need more hours. So I am looking for weekend daytime only. I have enjoyed my time working here very much and I would recommend employment here to anyone. Wonderful place.

Nice place to work for students

This is a good place for Students to work for short term (not more than 3 years). Sometimes, management or residents can be difficult but the job is not too hard once you get the hang of it. And it can be a little rewarding at times!

Insights into The Redwoods Retirement Residence

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Laundry attendant

My typical day at work consists of laundering the dining room linens. But I also do residents laundry when the other person is behind in her work. I'm in a union but unfortunately the seniority rules don't get followed. We have many different cultures who work there mostly in the dining room or has PSW'S. The hardest part of my job is working the overnights and not getting enough sleep.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Never enough staff

I enjoy the residents and the stories they have and tell. Staff pleasant and helpful. Good team work between staff. If staff have questions and/or unsure about something information easy to access the knowledge.

Understaffed, although residents were kind.

Good seasonal work for servers, fun staff only if you were out going. Which i was, the cooks were great and the only con would have to be cleaning up between seatings.

Pros

free dinner

Cons

understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Redwoods Retirement Residence. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement