The Quikrete Companies

The Quikrete Companies Employee Reviews

The best part of this job is the supervisors. They are the greatest I have ever had. They know everything about everything going on in there. Management is near useless and should probably be fired.
There is virtually unlimited overtime and it is paid after 40 hours. Coworkers are like characters from a comedy show and are a pleasure to work with. This is not a lax job to work but you can make a lot of money here.
When I worked here there was a lady that sabotaged my work and I couldn’t complain because they thought she was great. Come to find out years after leaving, she and a manager were stealing from this company. No apologies for the way I was treated because of this snake.
Pros
Different people work there now.
Cons
No Human Resources help
To many cons to list. Unfair management. Illegal activity. Affairs. Drama all around. Lies, and deceit. Promise you a certain wage and when review time comes you don’t get it.
Cons
Illegal activity
Job requires you to be a Plant Manager, Transportation Manager, Safety Manager, HR Manager, and RDC Manager. They do not put Capital Investment into plants, and always expect employees to do more with less. Middle and Upper Management will micro manage you until you hate your job.
I worked here for roughly 3 years, starting at 9.50/hr. It took close to a year before I was given a dollar raise. management was horrible no benefits.
Pros
Some of the coworkers make the work tolerable
Cons
Bad management, horrible pay for the work, bathrooms are disgusting, there is no kind of kick back for good work. No benefits/compensation whatsoever.
The managment will write you up if you are sick.. Even with docotrs notes.. They are sneaky.. Liars.. The lunch room is full of black mold.. They want input but not if you are intelligent.. You are required to work overtime.. But back to ic you are sick.. You will lose your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A lot of drama goes around with people talking about anyone behind their backs. Lack of/poor management. Because of it people don't stay long. The environment is horrible, constantly breathing in chemicals and sand. Poor ventilation. Another issue is also the organization, all the product is scattered or not enough space. Also 0 room for moving up in the company. The pay is also not very good considering the amount of heavy lifting you have to do along with dealing with dangerous chemicals.
Ser rápido trabajando y mucho overtime para todo el que trabaja
Most days are boring, with occasional nightmare days where everything seems to go sideways all at once. Most of the people are nice enough, but there are bad apples that can ruin your day. Additionally, even the nice people are just coworkers, not people that seem to want to be friends outside of work. None of the skills I learned from college were used in my job, and the pay wasn't good enough to gloss over that. If you want steady, boring busy work for poor pay, then this is the place for you.
Worked for the company for a little over a year. Trying to get store space to expand the sales floor space. Made demonstration shows for the last few weeks of employment. Was forced to travel in my personal car to the furthest out stores, while the "seasonal" Merchandiser handled the closer stores. When I was terminated I was told they were "downsizing".
Racist,good ol boys,hiring immigrants for low pay.. equipment in disrepair.benifits at a high cost.management unsure of what to do.
Allowed theft of company property .employees carrying knives and threats
this company is a big company to work with and job security is there as long as you get all done, the only thing is in my case was lots and lots more every day for one person, to handle without honoring what was spoken at the time of hiring. Corporate mentality, do more with less people, make reports look good without thinking on the employee, management refers about the employee as "he/she is just a fork lift driver, just a truck driver..." always make you feel you can get fired any minute.
Pros
big and stable company
Cons
do more with less people
Poor management, that started from the GM, to the plant manager, including VP. Unethical. Favoritism, only hired family members. had OSHA visit a few times. Office manager would walk into work with poor hygiene, very careless, mistreated all office personnel. Employee privacy was abused and not kept confidential. By far the worse company I have ever worked for.
I have no idea what the pay is like today but I hope it is better than it was when I worked there. I worked right at forty-five hours a week for $41,266. Do the math, that figures out to be $17.63/hour. I was told upon hire that you could easily earn $1,000 per week. It was simply not true.
Over the last 20 years, the company has treated me fairly. Hard work equals advancement. The last two to three years, since amassing ubiquitous acquisitions, the emphasis has changed. We're now a money making conglomerate instead of a simple company producing consumer ready goods.
Better pay needed. Along with upper management. Could not advance due to relatives getting better positions and very lazy uneducated plant manager. Also bad training
Favoritism- nepotism- management weakness, starting with the plant manager and up the ladder to the operational manager and Vice presidents- which there are layers on layers of them.

Man's work world indeed - paid well for administrative 'Office Manager' - with no authority or support.
I have nothing good to say, management will cut your throat, They have there pics. Loader sits in break room for 75 percent of the day. Horrible work conditions. If your a drive and don't get dispatched, after 3 day they will say no call no show and you will get a separation letter
workplace is toxic, by definition, it is unhealthy and damaging to those who work there. Individuals who work in toxic work environments begin to see problems with their own personal health. This can include physical symptoms such as not being able to sleep, gaining weight, and having increased medical problems.
Quikrete is a great company for customers and employees. They were flexible with every situation I was going through as well as other employees. Making sure everyone is satisfied !
Great place to work, hours for family balance are perfect. Paid holidays, PTO, sick pay, if I need time off to care for my boys I call in & they completely agree
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Quikrete Companies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7