The Quikrete Companies

The Quikrete Companies Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Good
The best part of this job is the supervisors. They are the greatest I have ever had. They know everything about everything going on in there. Management is near useless and should probably be fired.
There is virtually unlimited overtime and it is paid after 40 hours. Coworkers are like characters from a comedy show and are a pleasure to work with. This is not a lax job to work but you can make a lot of money here.
Horrible management
The managment will write you up if you are sick.. Even with docotrs notes.. They are sneaky.. Liars.. The lunch room is full of black mold.. They want input but not if you are intelligent.. You are required to work overtime.. But back to ic you are sick.. You will lose your job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management with a side of poor attitudes
A lot of drama goes around with people talking about anyone behind their backs. Lack of/poor management. Because of it people don't stay long. The environment is horrible, constantly breathing in chemicals and sand. Poor ventilation. Another issue is also the organization, all the product is scattered or not enough space. Also 0 room for moving up in the company. The pay is also not very good considering the amount of heavy lifting you have to do along with dealing with dangerous chemicals.
Horrible management
Horrible managers, mostly the production manager. He does not care about you and will write you up for almost everything you do. I wouldn’t recommend this place to any body. Stay away, they work you like a dog only to treat you like a robot.
Cons
No heat. Broken equipment.
The management here was the major issue. They were responsible for leaving tools around and possibly getting the workers injured. When we had our first winter, we had no heat in the shop and were constantly yelled at if production slowed, even though it was due to frozen machines. In the end, business declined so much over the winter, that I had to move on.
a fun work place
i had no issues working here during my college years, the atmosphere and co workers made the day and job a lot better, i really enjoyed every day there
stable job
Fast paced packaging, never a dull moment. Many different duties to perform. Building maintenance, PM tow-motors.Fabricate and install guarding. Operate equipment.
Cons
Rotating shifts
Worst job
Poorly managed, falling apart, dirt hole, worst place I’ve ever worked at. Worst 3 years of my life. I don’t recommend this job for anyone! Good people, poor management
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Quikrete Companies?
Everyone is very friendly and nice
The management can't do a lot of things because of Head office but they try their best. They let u work by yourself without interuption which is very good. They have enough trust in you to let u do the job.
Draconian Management
Repetitive work with poor benefits. management is not flexible and belittles the employees as uneducated and inferior. The company provides raises and benefits on a minimum scale. Very cheap with employees but throws away money on constant inefficient repairs.
Pros
stable work
Cons
Bad Management
Productive and Dusty Atmosphere
Management and co-workers are great people and easy to get a long with. Fast Paced environment.
benefits
Cons
dusty environment